• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Micra.jas start to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome blog... proper Micra tuner entusiat :) Keep up the good work..

just one question.... turbo 1litre... why not do it to a 1.3 engine??

Andy thats easy dude...you try insuring a 1.3 turbo at 20!

for a cg10de turbo conversion its 2,100 fully comp with sky insurance and believe me i tried everyone else!

and the other reason is because its the only cg10de+t thats around "TODAY"!

I asked the guys in Aussie and there is no 1.0l turbo as they only get the 1.3 k11 over there.

How embarrassing i only noticed i got my feet in that pic,lol

Yes now i recall ed can get the metal gasket for around 200 pounds if i am right....but me being bit dim i forgot,lol.

Thanks for the comments people..hopefully the car will be out very soon as its now taken 6 weeks :( and im guna ring up later to see where he is with the progress!

Don't pressure them to do the job quickly.

Work like this experiences difficulties and problems, however, it's better for it to be delayed and done properly, rather than rushed.

the only other cg10 turbo that "was" in the club was paul smiths but he unfortunately blew it which is a shame cus i would of like to seen it :(

Andy thats easy dude...you try insuring a 1.3 turbo at 20!

for a cg10de turbo conversion its 2,100 fully comp with sky insurance and believe me i tried everyone else!

I understand fully. I mean when i did a 1.3 conversion Sky insurance would not touch me at 19.. Because i too young for a engine converson yet adrian flux did so i switched then i got a mini cooper haha.

Hope everything works out just right for ur project anyway fella. keep it up :)

btw i wonder how much a 2litre micra pickup will be to insure at 20yrs old hehe

Update:

well i been away for 2 weeks and just got the net at the new house and i culdnt wait to post the progress up. The engine is now fully done as he just rang me to say they finished mapping it and he said along the lines of at 3,000 rpm he was seeing 60bhp already but not quiet sure what he said,lol.

The intercooler still never turned up so he had 1 fabricated to sit the opposite side of the radiator, all pipe work is complete and he made a custom air intake because the filter sits behind the radiator and wont get much air.

The issuse we had with the CAT was that soon as they fitted the down pipe the car did not have a cat for mot,so they used the original 1 and copied the de-cat pipe flanges and positioned it back in the system and the emissions are spot on.

All i have to do now is wait for the mot to get done and i can drive it home.

BUT.......yes u guessed it...........a big mot!

mot: rear sill, headlight bulbs, indicator bulbs, cross member, number plate, brake lines....and they have to rip my sideskirt off to work on the sill :down: :down:

will follow the update later this week when i get it home.

Pictures:

Themicra066.jpg

Themicra067.jpg

Themicra069.jpg

Themicra072.jpg

Themicra076.jpg

Themicra077.jpg

Hi Jason,
Hope you have a lot of fun and a good amount of power coming out of your car.
Great job done(Y)

grtzzzz
Har (alias the Legend)

ooooh now that is looking very smart :D well done :D i hope it smokes a few people :D

i dont know anything else yet until i it goes back after 1000 miles.

unfortunalty the do not swear at the mot station promised it me to be out today and i got so hyped up. they rang this morning to say sum customers came in late and one guy is off ill and i wont get it till monday now! its my long weekend off and its sunny in cornwall today....grrrr im so peeed off a this moment!

harsh mate. say you want something cos of the delay. like you need the car for work or something. see if you can get a rent car out of it or some money back. cos its there problem.....

or go and pick it up and take it to a garage that can do it on the spot.

Excelent thread and the car is brilliant,aways nice to see something different!!

excellent work, really nice car you have there.

looking forward to more updates.

Dave

and the other reason is because its the only cg10de+t thats around "TODAY"!

I asked the guys in Aussie and there is no 1.0l turbo as they only get the 1.3 k11 over there.

there was a 1.0 turbo k11 on ebay a while back, iirc paul smith brought it and had the turbo kit off it and put it on his 1.0 k11.

Update:

Just few pics i took the day i picked her up (last thursday).

Need to get door cards on- coilovers fitted- decat pipe on- wire up new gauges.

Pictures:

Themicra082.jpg

Themicra081.jpg

Themicra080.jpg

Themicra079.jpg

Themicra078.jpg

no your right it is the wrong way round just noticed that lol.

whatch this space as im currently in the process of making my video.

oooh where'd you get them door cards? they are exactly what i need for the rally car :D

looks good mate (Y)

sounds well nice!!!! just longer video :p

just wondering...would u be up for maybe helping me wire in some gauges sometime? not sure when im getting them tho...thats if i get them........however didnt ur mate help you fit ur ones?

cheers
naps

yes lee for a n/a engine i would recommend getting something like voltage-water-oil-AFR

and yeah i will help as im elarnign to do myne on my won now :)

Blimey, missed this thread!

Same car as mine and you've done such a good job - may I ask how much it's all come to, excluding insurance?

cheers for the nice comments...and excluding insurance i have spent upto 12k on this k11.....only because i bought lots of stuff brand new and had a garage do all the work.

Nice, could you scan the RR printout, interested to see the torque you're making, also, where is your horn, I assume that it has been moved somewhere to acccomodate the IC?

Again mate, well done with the results.
And following you home, the noise is lush! lol.

Time to get a meet sorted out for sometime soon?

Update:

Got the coilovers finally fitted after siting in the garage for 4 months,lol. Set to 55mm all round and its plenty if u ask me.

BEFORE:

DSC00681.jpg

DSC00680.jpg

AFTER:

DSC00696.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back