• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Micra.jas start to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought it would be nice to start my own progress blog on my car, i know its been along time since i bought the car but i will back date things,lol.

June 2006:

bought 998cc k11 tropic for £900 with full mot/tax and service history.

micra.jpg]

june 2006:

bought k12 bodykit off ebay for £50 and had it fitted and sprayed along with gti rear splitter, modded frnt grills and smoothed boot!

IMAGE EXCEEDS FORUM LIMITS

july 2006:

Bought set of 4 opel manta alloys and had them sprayed white and fitted to car with mini wheel spacers as the centre bore is grooved.

Also fited a evo sprt carbon canister induction kit (man it roars).

car back home and now i can purchase my springs and rear whitline parhod bar.

fitted bucket seats and gear gaitr along with cd player.

sideview.jpg
[/IMG]

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
the arches and side skirts are mint, i can't wait to see it in real life :)

get a 1.3 in there ;)

OP
OP
micra.jas
august 2006:

had springs and parhod bar fitted, and today i stripped out my rear seats among finding irish pennys that was manky and coverd in hair,lol.

sprayed my rocker cover but it was a poor job as i didnt maks up properly.

september 2006:

bought my exhaust system and steering hweel which has taken ages to be deliverd.

also i sprayed parts of my dash which still isnt as high standard i wnted them.

mynewexhaust2.jpg
[/IMG]
ompwheel.jpg
[/IMG]

OP
OP
micra.jas
november 2006:

car went in bodyshop again to have my bumpers smoothed over and have smaller numer paltes and relocate them both.

micra003.jpg
[/IMG]
micra008-1.jpg
[/IMG]

november 2006:

purchase turbo conversion form 'the legend', after alot of hassle it was sorted (bloody paypal and banks,lol.)

t2turboandcustominlet.jpg
[/IMG]
pipeworkanddownpipe.jpg
[/IMG]

OP
OP
micra.jas
december 2006:

time for chilling out and present opening, lol yeah right that didnt stop me heheheeh!

purchasd a g-reddy emangae blue for £260+ both harnesses and deliverd, omp frnt upper strut brace, nismo stickers!

late december 2006:

bought a set of 3 smoked faced auto gauges and had them fitted nicely in relacment of my stereo!

menewpiccys001.jpg
[/IMG]

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
wheer did u buy the exhaust from and how much was it has it got a nice noise lol

you can buy them fron janspeed themselves or get a motorfactor to order one for you. or even search the internet! they are roughly about 200ish for a full satinless one. it should have a nice noise lol.

OP
OP
micra.jas
january 2007:

well a new year and new things happening...yey!

friday the 5th went to alan jeffreys of plymouth with my mates and we all had a power run.

also my ecu, turbo conversion and strutbrace all arrived today so im over the moon and it was like opening presents on xmas day all over agin,lol.

pics will be up shortly!

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Em. . . started rebuilding the st engine last friday had it running monday?I think that good going.Car looking good mate!!

The only difference, as I read in a post by AlienFish?, is the length of the shafts connected to the pistons, if this is correct they should indeed fit. *dons his newb hat* What does dished mean? (up north it means they are broken but I assume that's not what you mean ^_^)

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
The image on the first post is too big, so i've converted it to a link. Nice looking car though, and good progress!

Btw, you only need to put a single
around the URL for the image you wish to insert :)

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
the pistons are the same the only difference between the CG10 and CG13 are the crank and rods. this is where the extra cpacity comes from.. the crank has a longer throw so needs shorter rods.. the CG13 pistons are dished so might lower the compression slightly in a CG10.. dont know why youll need to lower compression though what PSI are you going to run?

OP
OP
micra.jas
alan jeffreys said he can dish my cg10 pistons to lower the compression slightly!

he was thniking along the lines of 3-4 psi as it being just a standard conversion

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
3-4psi you wont need to do any work then you can run up to 8psi on a standard engine i think the general concensus is.. you could probly get away with abit more if you o-ringed the block.. then you need to look at forged pistons and rods to be safe..

OP
OP
micra.jas
january 2007:

well today i fitted my strutbrace to my car and also using some of the piping form the turbo conversion i rigged up a new intake so it now looks really kool,lol.

also i got pics of my ecu and turbo conversiion for u all to see!!!

And a pic of my power run results!

jasonsfolder002.jpg
[/IMG]
rollingroad5thjanuary2007011.jpg
[/IMG]
jasonsfolder003.jpg
[/IMG]
jasonsfolder004.jpg
[/IMG]
jasonsfolder005.jpg
[/IMG]
rollingroad5thjanuary2007013.jpg
[/IMG]

paddymarsden

Iggy Iggy oooooooooo
good man, very impressive so far. 1.3 would be excellent but 1l turbo would be a one off. Love the NME style bodykit

OP
OP
micra.jas
Update:

Spoke to Alan Jeffreys todat (www.enginetuner.co.uk) and im seeing him tomoz to show him my turbo conversion and ecu so he can see how he wants to do it!

Also im paying for my one off 1litre turbo clutch on Thursday thanks to Matt, and he was kindly enough to send me down some cg13 pistons which will save alan dishing my cg10 pistons to lower the compression.

Hoping to get this all done by may so fingers crossed!

OP
OP
micra.jas
Update:

Went to see Alan yesterday and he likes my conversion i have and we decided on having a bigger front mount inter cooler as there is plenty of room!

Also my car is now booked in for 16th April 2007 and will take up to two weeks to do, as he is fitting the conversion plus gearbox and clutch and the cg13 pistons!

Woo hoo hopefully all fine and dandy for run to the sun!

OP
OP
micra.jas
Update:

Spoke to Matt again today to ask loads of questions i had got ready for him,lol so this is now the last list of parts i need to buy for my conversion!

1.Uprated fuel pump
2.New nismo engine mounts
3.fuel pressure regulator
4.cg13 cams
5.iridium spark plugs
6.performance ht leads
7.oil pressure sensor
8.water temperature sensor

After conversion is done:

1.uprated full suspension
2.whiteline/nismo anti roll bars
3.rear strutbrace
4.grooved front discs and mintex performance pads

Raceworx

IM BRINGING SEXY BACK
why do you need an uprated pump? how much power you going for? you can get one from micra sport but i didnt think you needed one till after 150BHP

OP
OP
micra.jas
Yes u are right but matt said he uses standard oe pumps in his rally micra's so i just need to buy a new oe replacmnet!

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Yes u are right but matt said he uses standard oe pumps in his rally micra's so i just need to buy a new oe replacmnet!

again.........why? your fuels pump will cope with at least 150 bhp. i doubt you'd get near this mark!

and also it wont be a "one off" as paul smith has got a 1.0 turbo iirc!

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
you going to be changing the radiator to a bigger one as the standard ones are thin and with the turbo your engine will get hotter so a bigger rad would be a good idea, maybe a copper core

OP
OP
micra.jas
yes i was told i could do with a new twin radiator as it will get hotter!

I was told that the last person to attempt a 1litre turbo failed cus his engine blew up before he could do the conversion?

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
yes i was told i could do with a new twin radiator as it will get hotter!

I was told that the last person to attempt a 1litre turbo failed cus his engine blew up before he could do the conversion?

I would personalloy wait and see if you can get away without it, mine was ok with a std rad. and if you arnt going to run mountains of boost then i think its a waste of £250. Get it up and running first then if you need more cooling go for it then, i would suspect you'll be fine.

Project is coming along very well, excellent work :)

Keep us updated :)

OP
OP
micra.jas
Update:

Bought a set of NISMO rubber engine mount!

Set of blitz vision alloy wheels!

180sx uprated fuel pump!

Injectors from nex!

Twin core radiator will be from matt in april!

blitzalloys.jpg

Nismoengienmounts.jpg

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Who are you now being insured with for the turbo conversion? I'd be interested in how much your quote increases :)

OP
OP
micra.jas
well sky insurance quoted me 1,800 fully comp with like for like insurance and every single thing on my car declared!
But then i got a quote from a company paul smith used for his cg10de turbo and i got 456 quid fully comp but they only have a button wer u answer yes or no if the car is modified!

OP
OP
micra.jas
Update:

Well this week was bodywork time and i finally got my super 's' spoiler fitted that i bought off fraz last year,lol....plus i had my grill cut out and parts of my dash sprayed in aj4 red! (Oh yes i work for kingsmill hence the bread,lol)

spoiler2.jpg

newgrill.jpg

interiorfrnt.jpg

newdash.jpg

Antony

Ex. Club Member
dont mean to be a stickler, but has that rear number plate got a light?....if not its illegal and you can get fined up to £1000 and your car confiscated..

how in the hell did you get that dash pod so shiney......and nice mods btw...

OP
OP
micra.jas
lol yes it has a number plate light but its a small l.e.d light!

and the sprayer sanded it down and primerd it and laquerd it,lol

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
why have you got a jap sized plate on the back and a uk sized plate on the front? personally, i hate uk square plates!

Status
Not open for further replies.