micra issues , update

hi all,

from my previous posts, most will know I bought a facelift micra ,prelaunch,

it had lots of issues from day 1, they are listed in other posts,

since my last post , I am leaving , I was advised Nissan was in breach of the distant selling act and sales of goods act.

so heres an update,

I contacted Nissan and asked them for a gesture of goodwill , in respects to my £3766, losses ,I outlined my case and highlighted the distant selling and sales of goods act,

I received a phone call and a letter from the directors office saying clear off. at the same time saying if I had not sold the car they would of fixed it, they couldn't comprehend I sold it because they refused to fix it .

I contacted the financial ombudsman and presented my case to them , at the same time , emails and letters are going back and forth to nissans directors office.

the financial ombudsman has taken up my case , and contacted Nissan , who then sent a letter to me saying they would love to help resolve my issues,but no gesture of goodwill.

time has passed and the ombudsman has taken my case to adjudication , where they will make a judgement based on my evidence of failure and refusal on nissans part to fix faults on my new car.

the last letter I received from the directors office at Nissan , was full of lies, I promptly phoned them up and told them so ,

in short I have found Nissan to be , un cooperative ,morally bankrupt , liars and dishonest, I am shocked that they choose to ignore me , who has been buying new nissans for 10 years,untill the ombudsman contacted them , its just as well there are bodies like the ombudsman out there to protect us the consumers.

at present I am waiting for the ombudsman to make a judgement and will update you .

to my knowledge the comments I have made about Nissan are based on my experience with them and my understanding of the sales of goods act and distant selling act.

I am shocked by nissans behaviour , and will never buy a Nissan again,

I recently learned they are shuting down production in india and transferring it to Renaults flins plant in france, were the clio is built,

regards

john

SplanK

Site Supporter
Oh dear :(
Seems such a shame and sods law looks like you have been bitten by a lemon :(

Lets hope things work out for you.

OP
OP
J
Ombudsman has contacted me and advised me they have contacted nissan for there side of the story . And its now gone to adjudication . Will keep u updated. Was looking at a prototype new qashqai last week got radar . Cameras and a new shell like bonnet .

SplanK

Site Supporter
New prototype QQ? Or do you mean the current new one, because that's what I have sat on my drive as well as the DIG-S Micra :D

Bought it end of March, again a 1.2 but they are turbo 4 pot engines. Very VERY good car and well worth the money!

OP
OP
J
The chap that runs it for nissan . Said it was a prototype . He runs it for several months to check for bugs then it goes back in to diagnostics . Its a diesel engine . He has
worked for nissan for 25 years . He spent 6 months in japan prior to the release of the latest qashqai. Think the one he has is a new variant of the present one.

SplanK

Site Supporter
This is my QQ, the J11, there is no 'newer' revision of this other than some range tweaks...
10169425_10152385952427442_1900602360506851941_n.jpg

The J11 has been on the road since the start of the year! Nissan are tweaking the existing model range, but its more just tweaks such as an extra button here or there, or removing the pana roof unless you pay for it.

Mine is a 1.2 DIG-T petrol, but there is a 1.5 and 1.6 derv engines.

OP
OP
J
yours us a really smart looking motor. I have always been a qq fan . I am not disagreeing with what you are saying. Just what he told me. Its a prototype. I will say this. He was the first in the uk to have a leaf .

Also had problems with my two Micras. Gave one back and cash difference and took a Note... worst decision ever. The Note has a faulty gearbox, cannot change the gears and it's not going into reverse... Nissan didn't fixed it lying that this is the way Notes are. Corection: the worst thing I've done was going into the Nissan showroom for new cars.

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
Planned obsolescence or built-in obsolescence[1] in industrial design is a policy of planning or designing a product with an artificially limited useful life, so it will become obsolete, that is, unfashionable or no longer functional after a certain period of time.[2] The rationale behind the strategy is to generate long-term sales volume by reducing the time between repeat purchases (referred to as "shortening the replacement cycle").

OP
OP
J
Also had problems with my two Micras. Gave one back and cash difference and took a Note... worst decision ever. The Note has a faulty gearbox, cannot change the gears and it's not going into reverse... Nissan didn't fixed it lying that this is the way Notes are. Corection: the worst thing I've done was going into the Nissan showroom for new cars.

Any updates on your gearbox issues.

Yes! I went Wednesday to an independent mechanic and he told me something that shocked me. When he tried to diagnose my gearbox problem, he plugged in his diagnostic tool and noticed that the Airbag module has been disabled. We further investigated and found that the car was involved in a crash as it was new. Nissan repaired the damage, but did not fit new Airbag, just the cover. Looks like in the accident the gearbox suffered damage also. I could have repaired it, but I preferred not to. I went to Nissan shouting at them but they denied everything even if there is proof of repairs dated before I bought it. I said f@ck you all and I left. I stopped at 1st dealer and trade it in for a 2012 1.6 Mitsubishi Lancer. I owned an older Lancer for 6 years, did with me 120000 k and never had a single problem. The only problem was when I traded in the Lancer for a brand new Nissan. Never again... I still have a Micra which I will keep, despite the fact that also had problems from new... with the front suspensions, were leaking, they've changed them, but now they don't sit properly in the suspension housing... Nissan was a real dissapointment.

OP
OP
J
Wow. U cant make this stuff up. I cant beleive how dishonest and corrupt car dealers are. I would advise u to contact the financial ombudsman.u have a case. under the sales of goods act. Your car wasnt fit for purpose or as advertised. I have had my final answer from nissan motors. Bristol st motors and rci finance. Rci came to there final answer based on information from bristol st motors and nissan motors. It was full of blatant lies. The dishonety has shocked me. I have requested the ombudsman now make a decision .i have no evidence or records . Because amazingly they have suddenly vanished . However according to rci . They were presented with my records in order for them to come to there answer.i have also made a formal complaint about the manager of bristol st motors . I would advise u to do the same. There must be some governing body or laws car dealers must adhere to. But from my recent research .it seems they can and do and get away with whatever they like.
Let me know if u do get in touch with the ombudsman .

jdci said
"I have no evidence or records . Because amazingly they have suddenly vanished"

You claim that your new car had various faults that Nissan would not rectify, and therefore you sold it because you were so dissatisfied with it? You also claim that you have no records of your communications and Nissan’s responses with regard to those faults? You have to substantiate your claims and the accusations that you are making. You now appear to expect Nissan to compensate for losses due to your actions?

Why did you not formally document every communication with Nissan and its representatives, at every instant, obliging them to respond in writing, regarding your complaints? Why did you not put your transparent documented audit trail case before a county court judge in the Small Claims Court? You appear to be making unsubstantiated claims against Nissan and its representatives. They know how to play and it appears that you may not? They are a world-class business in a worldwide highly competitive market. It is careless to make unsubstantiated defamatory claims against Nissan and its representatives and it does not help your alleged case! I look forward to your response backed up with substantive evidence of your case and the accusations that you make against Nissan and its representatives?

There're not many chances of winning against them. Even if the odds are with the customer, the costs and court sessions are too high. Here in Cyprus, where I live, Nissan is part of the BMW-Range Rover-Jaguar chain, that most high positioned judges, advocates, political people use to own jere. For me, going against them is not an option.

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
Don't worry. be happy. here you go have a laugh, remember rocky film and after fight he keep shouting that name:)

OP
OP
J
In response to plmval

When u buy a new car . U dont expect problems. This was my 3rd new micra. I ordered it before it was in the showroom .
As the problems arouse i signed the necesarry document to allow the dealer to look at the car. You wouldnt normally ask for a copy of this document or a copy of there findings. These documents and computer ones have vanished. They have been zeroed and marked as gestures of good will . The service manager and branch manager both told me this. I have many emails between nissan myself discussing my problems. I had a call from nissan ceo office admitting they should have addressed my problems.i have never claimed i have no records of communication between nissan and myself. The records i have referred to are the dealership records from when they worked on my car.
I have documented all my communication with nissan . The financial ombudsman . Has them . They have looked at my case . They have decided i have a case of .a case for sales of goods act and a case of distant selling act. In fact there are 2 financial ombudsman dealing with my case. do u think if i was making unsubstantiated claims they would have taken up my case. As for defamatory marks . I have letters and e mails from nissan which are in fact defamatory to me.as for going to court . Who has got pockets deep enough to fight nissan.

OP
OP
J
Cont. As for nissan compensateing me.
I asked for a gesture of goodwill from nissan . In respects to the problems i had.
I can only presume by the directness of your post u are a loyal nissan fan .
I hope u never have the problems i have had.
I must have owned 10 micras in my time.
I trusted nissan so much i oredered the last one prior to launch . And the micra before that without test driveing it.
If u had been through the aggrovation i had and lost approx 4k . U might be as frustrated as i am .

jdci said " Who has got pockets deep enough to fight Nissan".

Focusing on the apparent facts of your complaint threads it appears your familiar with the sale of goods act 1979 and Supply of Goods act 1982 via the HJ.co.uk/ FAQs? How to reject a duff car, found at the URL Link http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/

Small claims CCJ fee is £225 up to £10,000 claim, and plaintive pleads his case at marginal cost.

The gear selection fault on its own was sufficient reason to reject a car up to 6 months from new, after giving Nissan a maximum of three attempts to rectify it!

This direct route would have been a quicker cheaper better option than irrationally selling a six month old car that you were dissatisfied with and crystallising a £3500 loss as your preferred choice, quoting your figures?

Consumer protection law is heavily weighted in favour of the consumer and if Nissan have lost their records than they would not be able to substantively contest your case. It would have been sorted there and then long ago in your favour.