Micra DIG-S engine remap?

Any update on this?

I also enquired at rtecshop for my Note DIG-S, and the chap just warned me about the process highlighting engine faults due to the added stress/power, which put me off going ahead with it!

SplanK

Site Supporter
Like with any remap for more power, you are essentially burning the candle brighter thus engine ware is going to increase and/or find weak points!

However, its likely you will only ever use maximum power briefly and plenty of other's do it without issues to other cars. I would personally opt for a dyno remap than one you order off the shelf. rtecshop will be saying that as a disclaimer to say 'if the guts drop out of it, we are not at fault'. A bad tune can easily cause engine failure at worst or drivability issues at best, so its worth shopping around to ensure that the map you get is safe and tested.

Although I do question how much power you can gain without swapping out the super charger pully to put out a bit more umph. I suppose changing ignition timing or cam timing might release a bit of power but would it be meaningful for the cost?