Micra cruise control

k11_whore

Steve :)
Done a bit of research on the net and cant find what im looking for, has any k11 came with cruise control? Thinking about getting one fitted and just not for a gadget it will be used everyday nearly, i do about 10 +miles of straightish motorways and odd A roads and odd 3 hr trip to dublin, just trying to save fuel and just to be lazy on long drives :) i know you can get aftermarket kits but would they be any good?

No doubt it anyway just jam a block of cheddar on it slice away any excess till you get the desired speed and eat what's left

or maybe summin smarter that senses roadspeed and controls a servo connected to the throttle cable to maintain that speed and triggering the brake/clutch/neutral switch cancels the cruise mode?

When i came back to england fr xmas i drove my dads focus ghia and it was self cancelling soon as touched brake/clutch/acc and adjust the speed by pressing up/down button if wanted, going to read some reviews of aftermarkets before i buy :)

what you need it the setup off an older 5 series BMW (maybe others) we retro fitted one on my dads 5 series years back, its a fully indapendant system, that is in a seperate loom and everything, just picks power up and the brake and clutch switch and the speed sensor, its a cable driven throttle so thats easy to do, its quite a good system really

Back