Micra C+C 1.6 ABS Pump and module

Hi

The ABS module has failed on my 2006 C+C due to water ingress. I have tried without any success to find a second hand replacement. Nissan want £1700 for a new one.

Can anyone help?

there are a couple on ebay...but i have no idea if they'll fit yours :(
(the ABS Module looks like a robot face to me ^_^)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_kw=micra ABS module
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=micra ABS pump&_sacat=0&_odkw=micra ABS module&_osacat=0

do any of the part numbers corespond?...

new,...
http://www.eurocarparts.com/abs-hydraulic-unit

not sure if any of that will help...good luck

ETA: It may be an idea to see if any local autofactors can offer you a reconditioned part?
camberly/Motorparts direct etc....

I did have a quick look at the Bosch site but it just takes me round in circles <_<

Hi

The ABS module has failed on my 2006 C+C due to water ingress. I have tried without any success to find a second hand replacement. Nissan want £1700 for a new one.

Can anyone help?

The C+C ABS pumps and ECU's are different to the normal Micra 3 and 5 door ones. Ive been looking for one for months for a customer at work

Just out of interest your car isn't red and the registration number end in XGS does it?

Hi

Can anyone help?

Have you contacted Nissan customer services and complained I dont know if it will do any good but maybe worth a try as I know they have had quite a fewwith this fault and when they was in warrenty period the A.B.S module and wiring loom would be changed.

Hi

Can anyone help?
Hi Mike, just wondered how you got on with this. I have only just read you're post and have had the same problem. I had a new module fitted and the wiring loom modified and cost £160 so it looks like I did well. But the original water ingress problem has not been solved and bothers me a bit. Can you suggest where I start lookng?

The water ingress is due to the position of the pump / module on the bulkhead. Its bad design. I paid £660 for a new module from Bosch plus £180 labour to modify the loom as the water had travelled up the cables and corroded the cables. I tried to get a second hand module but I was unable to find a match for the numbers. My advice would be to get rid asap.

The C+C ABS pumps and ECU's are different to the normal Micra 3 and 5 door ones. Ive been looking for one for months for a customer at work

Just out of interest your car isn't red and the registration number end in XGS does it?

Hi Rob

Sorry only just picked up your message. No my reg isnt XGS but your are right that it is a different ECU. I tried to get a second hand one but couldnt get the numbers to match, even looked at buying a write off. Eventually went to Bosch who charged me £660 and had to wait 8 weeks for the part to be paid in Germany.

Its a absolute disgrace Nissan should be paying for this as it is a design fault!

Have you contacted Nissan customer services and complained I dont know if it will do any good but maybe worth a try as I know they have had quite a fewwith this fault and when they was in warrenty period the A.B.S module and wiring loom would be changed.

Spoke to Nissan MD after being fobed off by customer services. He wasn't interested as the car had not got a full Nissan history. The only option available was to take the garage to court were I bought the car from as they have to guareentee the car for 6 years by law that the part is fit for purpose.

The water ingress is due to the position of the pump / module on the bulkhead. Its bad design. I paid £660 for a new module from Bosch plus £180 labour to modify the loom as the water had travelled up the cables and corroded the cables. I tried to get a second hand module but I was unable to find a match for the numbers. My advice would be to get rid asap.
Mike, Thats helpful, cheers.

I never had any joy either mate. Customer got rid of the car in the end!

Hi rally rob, looks like I was the poor soul that ended up with the xgs plate! Any chance you could get in touch. Unsure whether to replace pump, send ecu off for repair or replace the wiring loom, please help!

Hi rally rob, looks like I was the poor soul that ended up with the xgs plate! Any chance you could get in touch. Unsure whether to replace pump, send ecu off for repair or replace the wiring loom, please help!

Small world mate.

Call me at work.

PM sent.

Small world mate.

Call me at work.

PM sent.

Hi---- I've been following this thread 'cos I've had a similar problem which has now been fixed, but am now trying to fix the leak.
But as far as the module is concerned try these people. www.ecutesting.com
I haven't used them just saw the advert recently and saved the details. I'd be interested how you get on.

Hi not sure if anyone is still on this thread but my ABS pump on my C+C Accenta has failed and Nissan want £2050 + Vat for a new one!!

I've managed to find a couple available in breakers yards but I'm just wondering if anyone knows where the part number is so I can make sure it's right? I've had a quick look but it's not obvious - will it involve removing the air filter (I think) that is above it?

I've also called ECU testing as the link above and they may be able to fix but need the part number too.

Thanks

You will need to take out the battery and air filter box. There are two numbers, one stamped the aluminum body and one on the module. Your best option would be to get a second hand one if you can match the numbers, something I couldn't manage! I eventually got a new one direct from bosch for £600 (it took 8 weeks as the had to make one specially) which solved the problem with the abs but the water ingress had damaged the cables and I had to have the cables cut and partially replaced otherwise I would have needed a new wiring loom! Bosch were reluctant to supply one as it is a common fault on the Nissan Micra due to the position of the unit and ingress of water. I wouldn't bother sending into a ecu testing company as i sent mine at considerable cost and I ended up with the car hunting for revs which was never solved. Once you have installed it you will need to take it to someone with bosch equipment to reset the system and settings, again more money. Have you considered trading it in? It maybe cheaper. I tried the scrap part web sites on the internet, all said they had the parts but when I sent the numbers they could not match them up. If you have a full nissan service history they will contribute towards the part and labour? Good luck.

Hi thanks for that. I managed to do it - didn't think about the radio code when removing the battery (which I didn't have) so now I'm without a radio too :)

Like you I have lots of people telling me they have the part but the numbers don't match, It's got a full nissan service but Sandicliffe Nissan say there is nothing about a "known fault" on their bulletins so its pay them £2050+ vat or nothing :(

ECU testing have told me they can fix it for £150 and it comes with unlimited time/miles warranty and a local garage will take it out and reinstall for £100.

I'm thinking give it a go to get the warning light off and through its next MOT (due in 3 weeks) then trade it in.

Try emailing the Nissan UK MD James Wright ([email protected]) he actually rang me to explain that if the car had full Nissan service history then Nissan would contribute eg pay for the parts, its worth a try. The problem with non franchised companies is when they say they can fix the problem but they actually cant and can introduce other faults. If Nissan repair it they have the expertise and knowledge to solve any other problems that may occur. Just check with your garage as i think the rules have changed on the mot regarding warning lights, they may pass it?

Thanks again - I did check and the ABS warning would fail an MOT.

I sent my part of to ECU - realistically I just can't pay Nissan prices so didn't really have any other option - but they have since said its beyond repair :(

So now I am desperately trying to source a matching part. They are few and far between it seems but I'm just wondering which number has to match? Is it the whole thing or just part of it?

Some garages are asking for the first 9 digits others are asking for the string of letters and numbers - so to be honest I'm really not sure what I should be matching.

My part number etched into the metal reads 0 265 231 841 47660 Bc60A
080602/3/1595

Can anyone help? I've found one that matches every bit of the top line but the 080602/3/1595 differs

I'm pretty sure you have to match all the numbers. Try Bosch Technical Support (0) 8000 77 88 66, they were very helpful and also maybe able to supply you with other numbers that may suit. Try Nissan customer support, state that it has full Nissan history, I read a similar case on the internet were Nissan replaced the part for free and she only had to pay for the labour. The labour charges will be high but the ABS error is probably only the tip of the iceberg as I found out to my cost. Good luck I dont envy you at all!! TBH it broke my heart, we loved our Micra CC before this happened but I would never have another Nissan again.

Thanks again - tbh I think my head is going to explode on this - just as it seems I'm getting somewhere someone throws another spanner on the works.

I've found a part that exactly matches my code - the whole thing and its a bargain. But now I'm told that the code that's etched into the metal is the "block code" and the module code is a different set of numbers. So even though I've matched the block code it may not have the same module code so might or might not work!

I just want it to pass an MOT so I can trade it in on a new one but at the minute it seems the only thing it's good for is scrap :(

I spent months looking. You maybe better biting the bullet and trading it in as it is, it maybe cheaper. Probably not what you want to here sorry. £100 for the part plus £100 labour for something that may not work??? I spent over £1000 trying to fix the abs only to uncover other problems with the ecu which cost me another £250 but still didnt sort the ecu problem out. Fortunately or unfortunately (depending on which way you look at it) I had an accident in the car and it was written off. I hope you sort it.

Did you try Bosch technical advice for help regarding the numbers?

Did you try Nissan customer services? If you have taken it to Nissan for servicing and bought it from a Nissan dealer they will probably do you a good deal. Its worth a try for the sake of an email. Do some research and get as many examples as you can, i found a few online in a couple of minutes - http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/answer/37898/problems-with-nissan-micra. Get some legal advice if you bought the car less than 6 years old then the parts are not fit for purpose. Contact trading standards they can advise you on.

I did I sent them an email and they were good enough to call me and explain in basic speak that I could understand. :)

They obviously told me that the part is licenced to the originator so only available from Nissan when I told him I knew that but couldn't pay them the £2.5k they wanted for it he choked and said "how much?!!" - I take from that Nissans mark up is immense.

Anyway he did tell me that if I can match the 0 265 231 841 that is stamped on the block the in 99% of cases the module code will also be the same as mine.

He told me if I matched the codes exactly it should work but will need to be coded by someone with a Bosch system, he says if the old unit can still be talked to then it's a bit more straight forward as the essentially plug in the old unit copy the code and put that in the new one.

If the old unit can't be talked to then it would need to be done manually or ask Nissan to do it - though I can't imagine they'd want to do that for me if I haven't paid them £2.5k to fix it.

I've found an exact match for under £100 so I'm going to give it one last shot. I just can't trade it in with this problem otherwise they will offer literally nothing for it. If I can just get the damn light off and through its MOT so I can get rid of it.

I will not be sad to see the back of it after all this hassle - I swear I will never buy another Nissan again

I didn't buy it from Nissan I bought it from an independent garage - believe it or not it had been a motability car before I got it. I've had it serviced by Nissan since I had it but because the independent garage serviced it before I bought it Nissan ate saying not their problem.

Good luck. It would be good to know if you get it sorted or not. Just read one thread on the internet were the owner removed the bulb from the ABS light to solve the mot pass but obviously somewhat dodgy!

Ha ha I'm not going to lie I've contemplated the same - that and pushing it into a river and saying I forgot the handbrake ;) ill let you know if it works - the part I mean none of the dodgy stuff.

It's fixed!!!! I found a part with the exact same block and module number. The best thing is it plugged and played no coding required. ABS warning light went off when it was connected and no fault recorded when a diagnostic is run. It's gone through its MOT straight after and passed - now to trade the bleeder in before it happens again!!

Rob, could you please get in touch with me?
My mother has this car now and it couldn't pass the MOT because of it.

Hi Rob, for the past 2 months we've had no luck in finding a replacement abs pump for this XGS plate nissan micra cc that seems to have been through your hands. The previous owner, of course, did not give us any service history.
Please let me know what did you do to this car. Did you change the ABS unit with one exactly the same or a different one?
Did you also change the plug?
The ECU plug seems to be burned but it seems to be the original since just a few wires seem to have been cut.
I've bought 2 pumps taken off from 2006 1.6 cc so far. None is good because they're smaller than the one in our car and they're plug has just 22 pins instead of 42.

Please get in touch. We just want to have a bit of information from you to be able to fix it.

Kind regards,
Sergiu

ber: 5928"]The C+C ABS pumps and ECU's are different to the normal Micra 3 and 5 door ones. Ive been looking for one for months for a customer at work

Just out of interest your car isn't red and the registration number end in XGS does it?[/QUOTE]

Hi Rob, for the past 2 months we've had no luck in finding a replacement abs pump for this XGS plate nissan micra cc that seems to have been through your hands. The previous owner, of course, did not give us any service history.
Please let me know what did you do to this car. Did you change the ABS unit with one exactly the same or a different one?
Did you also change the plug?
The ECU plug seems to be burned but it seems to be the original since just a few wires seem to have been cut.
I've bought 2 pumps taken off from 2006 1.6 cc so far. None is good because they're smaller than the one in our car and they're plug has just 22 pins instead of 42.

Please get in touch. We just want to have a bit of information from you to be able to fix it.

Kind regards,
Sergiu

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but thought this may be of some help. I have an Essenza with the ABS fault. I was unable to find an original Abs pump. I eventually bought a second hand one from a 160sr micra. My auto electrician was able to swap over the module part of it. It had the same number and configuration of pins in the plug. It required some re programming, and now it is working with no ABS light coming on!! The original module (the black plastic part ) had the numbers: 0265950439. The replacement had : 0265950436. Hope this helps.

Back