Micra 93 k11 rotten inner sills fix

I have looked on eBay for the inner sills but I think thy only sell outer body ones, nissan are expensive am thinking, anyone know where I can get both sills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the part behind the back of the outer sill is a continuation of the rear chassis rail azzy, and they are usually patched with some steel strip

the part behind the back of the outer sill is a continuation of the rear chassis rail azzy, and they are usually patched with some steel strip
Thanks frank > so the inner isn't a part I can grind off and replace with oem parts from nissan ?

the inner sill is usually classed as the part that the sides of the carpet touch mate, is yours rotten there ?
they usually rot behind the back of the sill where the axle trailing arms bolt to (ie the front of the rear chassis rail)

Mines rotten on the Driverside rear sill a 15 inch patch near axle trailing arm Yeh, took carpet off but no rust on floors, so must be under only ?

i doubt if the main dealers still stock inner panels for the k11,s azzy, best to cut some steel sheet and patch it really

i doubt if the main dealers still stock inner panels for the k11,s azzy, best to cut some steel sheet and patch it really
What I can do is grind the rusted patch and then see more clear and get some plates made up 1mm is ok

yeh, chassis are usually about 2mm and sills about half a mm, so 1mm would be fine for that closing panel in the corner and the channel underneath :)

yeh, chassis are usually about 2mm and sills about half a mm, so 1mm would be fine for that closing panel in the corner and the channel underneath :)
Bleddy hell Frank.....half a mm, is that all, no wonder the little skinny sods rust ! :eek: my newspaper is thicker than that.

That is very thin I think I know the common faults for rusting is rear sills now

@frank U will know which part to take off and what it's called ?
8edd7a5875dbd96a45b5b3650715cb93.jpg
a873dbe325dfcfd1c718db44e64ce7dc.jpg
ead4b4db65a2af7cd0c79aff7966299d.jpg
7871288ed8e977817deab12da3b27d6c.jpg
a3a20307c88c4881d772cb5e8feee8ed.jpg

cut it small and make it bigger if needed, making the hole bigger is easier than making it smaller ;)
Yeh I'll cut bits off, and see each time, but when I get outer sills are they welder able ? Or made from fibre ?

Back