Micra 1998 engine

Hey Guys I have a micra 1998 import model with 1.3 engine that I will either like to rebuild or replace to make the car fast and funky
Any advice on who can do it and what can be done

Depends on the budget. You can go all out and completely rebuild it with forged pistons and rods and such. But that will cost a few k.

Or you can do it cheaper and go with 1.0 pistons (and 1.0 flywheel). The pistons raise the compression ratio.
Then drop in a set of cams and a good exhaust manifold (and intake manifold or itbs if budget allows it. With itbs you need bigger injectors like the ga16de ones). Add a Ga15de throttlebody and ideally you want it mapped. Will make quite a quick small car. Add the 1.0 gearbox if you like the acceleration of it (0-60 somewere around 6 secs)

Depends on the budget. You can go all out and completely rebuild it with forged pistons and rods and such. But that will cost a few k.

Or you can do it cheaper and go with 1.0 pistons (and 1.0 flywheel). The pistons raise the compression ratio.
Then drop in a set of cams and a good exhaust manifold (and intake manifold or itbs if budget allows it. With itbs you need bigger injectors like the ga16de ones). Add a Ga15de throttlebody and ideally you want it mapped. Will make quite a quick small car. Add the 1.0 gearbox if you like the acceleration of it (0-60 somewere around 6 secs)

Can you do it how much will it cost including labour and materials I can send you all the information about the car it the only nevin the uk