Micra 1.4 l SE won't start

A strange problem has arisen with my 2001 Micra. It wouldn't start this evening and I used it okay yesterday, filled up with petrol and put it in the garage and haven't used it, until I tried to start it this evening.

It has always run fine before, the battery is nearly new and fully charged but the engine just turns over and over and doesn't seem to fire or cough. I checked the fuel pump fuse and a couple of other engine fuses, all seem intact.

I don't know what to check next before admitting defeat and letting the pros in the garage put it on their diagnostic gear.

Has anyone any useful tips?

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi all. Thanks for the overwhelming response! Seriously though, I have solved the problem - the transponder in the key had dropped out and was discovered on my driveway. Who knows how it happened, but all is well now.

All the best for Christmas and a trouble-free motoring 2018 to all Micra fans.

A strange problem has arisen with my 2001 Micra. It wouldn't start this evening and I used it okay yesterday, filled up with petrol and put it in the garage and haven't used it, until I tried to start it this evening.

It has always run fine before, the battery is nearly new and fully charged but the engine just turns over and over and doesn't seem to fire or cough. I checked the fuel pump fuse and a couple of other engine fuses, all seem intact.

I don't know what to check next before admitting defeat and letting the pros in the garage put it on their diagnostic gear.

Has anyone any useful tips?

Thanks in anticipation.

Back