Micra 1.0 fuel consumption

Hi all

I get around 30mph doing short trips in London. Shouldn't I get a lot more?
The engine sounds ok and only has 63k miles.
(I was a mechanic many years ago.)
I fitted a different s/h "computer" when I lost my key - no difference.
Any ideas out there?

thanks

I actually get what Nissan says it is 14,4 kilometres and I've been at 15,2 and 14,2 and no speedometer tolerance, actual miles, want to know more, PM me can show you proper spark just compare, for vacuum it is not so hard just get some fitting replacement rubber hose and do not check for worn, just replace if never done before. For timing, you will need to put ecu in timing mode so just don't touch idle screw and mechanical ignition advance yet or you will mix up ecu and it will run weirdo

OP
OP
D
thanks - what's 14.4km?
I'll start with vacuum pipe to throttle - idle is a bit erratic so that sounds right, then take a plug out
I don't have control over ECU

OP
OP
D
Hi richardwbb - there's no distributor.
Vacuum: the fat one from the brake servo to the "carb" looks very good - are there any more?
There is a little rubber pipe on the right coming up from the clutch? which connects to nothing like a breather? is that normal?

That's a gearbox breather, goes up but then connects no where so it doesn't suck in water.
There's a suction line goes from the throttle body to a valve on the gearbox end of the head that opens once hot, other end should be connected to the carbon canister might produce your symptoms.

micra99

Ex. Club Member
check that the crankcase breather from the top of the cam cover to the air filter is not blocked as this can effect fuel consumption. remove the felt pad from the air filter and blow through the rubber hose and check the air filter body is also clear.

OP
OP
D
I changed the plugs - were black, cleaned the little foam pad in the air filter, took out the MAF sensor and sprayed it with MAF cleaner - the
filament didn't seem very dirty. Now it runs a bit more smoothly, but in neutral the idle speed rises for a few seconds. Generally the idle was
always a bit fast. Does this mean my cleaning did some good, and I should just lower the idle - how?
I can't find the vacuum tubes I'm told to replace.
Any help appreciated thanks.