MGZR

SuperUno

Buy & Sell Member
MGZR 1.4 For Sale

KG 53 LGK

This has been my road car for the last two years, it is an ex. Rover Centre / Owen Turner car, who did a lot of work on the car (see below). It has been the most versatile car I have owned, being my daily driver, used for commuting and driving around the country with work, put the seats down and you can fit in tonnes of stuff and then can be pressed into motorsport use, even winning a Scatter rally earlier this year! Ideal car for the upcoming 12-car season, targa rallies almost any motorsport you can think of!

Spec

Full MGZR kit; lower & stiffer suspension, shorter front tie bars (improved caster) and stronger front sub frame, half leather seats, leather gear knob, front driving lights, big rear wing, electric windows.

Metallic Blue paint work.

Plus points

All of the following work was done by Owen Turner / The Rover Centre, about 3 years ago at about 101k miles, all with new OEM parts. Car is now on 160k miles.

- Full head-gasket change, head skim, cambelt, water pump etc…

- MGZR 160 front calipers

- Clutch (3-piece kit)

- Rear wheel cylinders (both)

- Front Subframe

- 2nd O2 / Lamda Sensor

- ECU Modified to ‘Rover Centre’ Map – Same map that has been used to win the Preston and multiple endurance rallies.

Work done on the car, whilst I have owned it.

- New large capacity battery - January ‘15

- New radiator - January ‘15

- New diff / driveshaft seals, new gearbox oil and OSF CV Joint – Sept ’14 (Work done by The Rover Centre)

- Regular oil changes at between 8-10k miles, or before any events.

- Lots of receipts for parts / work done.

- 1st O2 / Lambda Sensor

- Front discs and pads

- Additional earth leads from chassis to engine / battery.

- HT Leads & Plugs

Other plus points

- Poly bushed front wishbones

- MGZR 160+ Large front brake kit, pads about half worn.

- Radiator fan over-ride switch fitted

- LED Flexi map light fitted to nav door

- Three-way lighter sockets fitted for poti, sat-nav etc..

- Eye bolts fitted to allow you to fit 4-point harnesses for both front seats

- Rear seats have leather rear head rests

- CD Player (type will depend on final selling price)

- Fitted with 15” Minilite type alloy wheels, which remove the tramlining issues with the 17” wheels.

- Excellent handbrake ;)

- Rover 200 Coupe Centre Console, with leather arm rest

- MOT Till 17th April ’16 (No advisories at last MOT, and emissions very clean)

- ‘Race’ Centre exhaust pipe, with no middle silencer

- Stainless steel, large bore back box. Well below road rally limits and not too loud for daily use, but gives a lovely sound and frees up the mid-range torque.

- K&N 57i Air filer – again gives a few more horses and lovely induction noise.

- Late type Ford IB5 gearbox, which is stronger than the usual R65 chocolate gearboxes

- MGTF Rear view mirror, which gives additional front lighting ideal as a map light.

- Very strong shell, with no rust at all – was commented how clean the shell was at the last MOT.

Non plus points

- The paint work is best described as fair, with this many miles there are some stone chips, the OSF wing has a very slight crease in it. The rear arches and front wings have very slight rust bubbling like they all do at this age.

- Rear tyres don’t have massive amounts of tread

Spares package included (at the right selling price)

- X4 Vauxhall 15” Alloy wheels, x2 with good quality knobblies (ideal as winter tyres) x2 with good tyres. Plus x2 15” tyres may also be available.

- Pedal box

- OEM Airbox, pipework and very new standard air filter

- EBC Blackstuff front pads

- OEM Thermostat

- Rear light clusters (both sides)

- Haynes Manual – little use.

CD Player

The car is currently fitted with a professionally fitted, high end Pioneer DAB CD Player (DEH-X8500DAB), with USB and Bluetooth connectivity and Parrot hands free kit to enable hands free calls via your mobiles Bluetooth connection. If the car sells for £500 or more this will be included. If less than £500 I will include the standard Rover CD player.

Overall this is a great fun car, engine pulls very strong through all the revs, great fun in the lanes and comfortable enough for long motorway work. Only for sale due to the arrival of a company car…

Price : £595 ono

CKrF-n8W8AA2qct.jpg:large

Last edited: