Member's eBay Finds

if you're on about the spoiler, they had an auction type auction (not BIN) of one of the nismo copies and I think it sold for like 65 incl postage.

if you're on about the spoiler, they had an auction type auction (not BIN) of one of the nismo copies and I think it sold for like 65 incl postage.
I was watching one of the Nismo copy spoilers, it was still on its £40 starting price but nobody bought it. I don't think it's been re-listed yet..

K11 march tailgate for some import lovers. quite expensive

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-MI...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c240ce41e

Picture2-14.png

This fella is down Rainham, so is around a 10-15 minute drive from my bits... Im wondering if this would be a straight swap with a facelift micra? Might be able to haggle with the guy to if I pop down the breakers...

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
That's the third or forth time it's been up for sale since Matt Humphris sold it, 6k is a little steep for a car that needs a lot of work doing to it (unless they've done it)

It was all done by Ray Gimbert at great expense. Ray tried to sell it for £10k and failed, gave it back to Matt who managed to sell it for closer to £8k IIRC. The current owner shortly wanted to pass it on after acquiring it and was looking for £7995 a few years back but it didn't sell then either.

The car has a lot of pedigree but only to those who can appreciate it. Ray changed quite a lot on the car, including those revolting stickers, so it's not as it was originally built.

I did try to import it from NZ a long time ago but Ray pipped me to the post but such is life ;)

I'm not disputing the pedigree and would love to own it but with the current market i don't see it going for 6k

The demand for a road going Micra is just not there. approved and race ready however is a completely different market and with a bit more history particularly racing it could sell for that. Needs to win something. Although probably not far off with the price of bits.

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
The demand for a road going Micra is just not there. approved and race ready however is a completely different market and with a bit more history particularly racing it could sell for that. Needs to win something. Although probably not far off with the price of bits.

I was hoping it would end up in one of the many race series that are around now but I heard nothing after Jason picked it up.

IIRC it was mapped only on race fuel and not pump fuel, which will eat money unless tweaked. No-one on here will take it, (not even me), as it will have a high overhead to keep, maintain and use. Also if anything were to get wrecked or broken the cost to repair could escalate quite rapidly and there are cheaper quicker cars which have a wider support network when it comes to road or track use.

It's also worth nothing that the car has no chassis number as the shell was taken directly from Nissan and built for the race series rather than being bought as a car and converted afterwards. The only way, (and it would be a total waste), to put it on the road is to take the dodgy approach and ring it. Yes there is a reg plate on it in the photos but I will refrain from discussing how that came about :rolleyes:

I thought nothing more of it than to stimulate some conversation and show it as for sale again :)

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Im glad you did LR I think it's a cracking car :)

Aye, that it is. If things had been different maybe it would be in my lockup but I was a little slow on the uptake way back when. Given the amount of work it needed though I am thankful in hindsight. Anyway, we have a similar, (all be it narrow track), car in build with the same March R transmission but with a stronger engine but that's more suited for arrowchat that this thread ;)

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
Ive already informed him of the bumpers and hes a cheeky #### lol adamant those are the original bumpers
What does he reckon the deal is with the bumpers? Just did a quick check and it's coming back as a Super S on regcheck.

Most likely flogged the bumpers, they're worth a pretty penny!

Tchaaa

Buy & Sell Member
Could've sworn the alloys on that Super-S where only available on facelift/newer micras as well, yet he states they're original. Looked through the 1993 Micra brochure many a time and seen plenty of alloy options but not those!