Member's eBay Finds

http://bit.ly/1m3KaO1

anyone know any history about this turbo micra? can't seem to find no threads on here or on google.. who built it? .. any info? anything really..

I can't find any threads about this turbo micra. I heard about bad points on this turbo micra. Nice msc member went to see this turbo micra recently so he commented here somewhere. I will copy and paste his comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you paste them that'll be great, in talks with the current owner but something doesn't seem right so wondering if anyone knows better..
I can't find any threads about this turbo micra. I heard about bad points on this turbo micra. Nice msc member went to see this turbo micra recently so he commented here somewhere. I will copy and paste his comments.

There you go. :)

His comment is:

I've been to see that little turbo micra in Leeds .
It's a nice looking car from the outside but it all goes wrong on the inside , maybe it's my age but no interior , carpets, dash , heater, etc.....
Not for me !
Engine spluttering , noisy , bumpy, very harsh ride ! Yeh it's defo my age talking .
I've asked him if he would break it and he said that I should buy it and break it myself . But not at that price .
Maybe around the £1100 mark I would !

ahh thank-you! thats a bit of a better picture at the sort of car i'm expecting to see after 2 hours of travelling! if anyone else has any more info on this car plz could u share it,
There you go. :)

His comment is:

I've been to see that little turbo micra in Leeds .
It's a nice looking car from the outside but it all goes wrong on the inside , maybe it's my age but no interior , carpets, dash , heater, etc.....
Not for me !
Engine spluttering , noisy , bumpy, very harsh ride ! Yeh it's defo my age talking .
I've asked him if he would break it and he said that I should buy it and break it myself . But not at that price .
Maybe around the £1100 mark I would !

ahh thank-you! thats a bit of a better picture at the sort of car i'm expecting to see after 2 hours of travelling! if anyone else has any more info on this car plz could u share it,

Looo, l I forget to add more info.

I spoken to the owner (present) before so he bought it like this. He didn't do anything on this car. Previous owner who build this project so he rebuild this engine all the time. I think his name is James.

Anyway, I asked him (present owner) if he drive this car alot so he don't drive alot. I knew there was something with this engine. I told him to be honest with me so he asked me to come to Leeds to check it out. I can't cos I am from Surrey which is toooo far from me.

He think I am serious buyer so I asked him about the price. He asked for £1700. He said if I am more serious then he reduce the price down. Maybe at around £1500 or under. Btw he is not a big fan of Micras so he don't know everything about Micras. That is why he get bored so he want to sell this micra. Previous owner asked him to give this car back so he said no. He want to sell to other people who are big fan of Micras.

I know there is something wrong with this engine. If you want to know more about engine then ask. @Salzam100

At least, someone need to save this micra shell. :)

Ahhh lol!! thanks again, i've msg'd salzam100 too, present owner said his into his micra's apparantly so will test if he is or not

Looo, l I forget to add more info.

I spoken to the owner (present) before so he bought it like this. He didn't do anything on this car. Previous owner who build this project so he rebuild this engine all the time. I think his name is James.

Anyway, I asked him (present owner) if he drive this car alot so he don't drive alot. I knew there was something with this engine. I told him to be honest with me so he asked me to come to Leeds to check it out. I can't cos I am from Surrey which is toooo far from me.

He think I am serious buyer so I asked him about the price. He asked for £1700. He said if I am more serious then he reduce the price down. Maybe at around £1500 or under. Btw he is not a big fan of Micras so he don't know everything about Micras. That is why he get bored so he want to sell this micra. Previous owner asked him to give this car back so he said no. He want to sell to other people who are big fan of Micras.

I know there is something wrong with this engine. If you want to know more about engine then ask. @Salzam100

At least, someone need to save this micra shell. :)

Yeh I've seen this little motor a few months back and it's a very nice looking car to be fair ,
But and it's a big but, it wasn't running very well , spluttering , stalling , no interior , dash , carpets , etc..... Which made it sound very loud .
Very harsh ride , too harsh for me with knocks and bangs from the suspension .
I'm getting on a little and it's a long way from what I would want it to be , but a project for someone I'm sure but not at that money .
For me the car needs a full interior putting back in with dash and door cards and carpets , standard headlights , standard rear lights , exhuast routing to the back of the car like it should be on a road car thus making it a lot more quieter to drive , and the biggest thing is to sort out the running issue but how long is this piece of string ?
My opinion is if you are interested in this car then have a look for yourself and don't buy without viewing it !

That means .... To those that have not grasped what I'm saying ,GO AND VIEW IT thoroughly !
@£1100/1200 it's worth breaking and using the shell for a n/a build but I don't think he will let it go at that .

Not good enough Jen.... now go and find me a white K11 bonnet and tailgate in Norfolk for under £50.....go on....

...oh, and a sub-50k CGA3 too.... yep.

Are they not all closed deck? Can you tell visually from the outside if it is closed deck?
1 of mine was auto iirc matt, and open deck
and head-off job eh (unless there are any external casting marks)
i have spare cranks and blocks if you want to make a hybrid ? :)

These would be perfect for improving your engine sound....

Rumble.jpg

1 of mine was auto iirc matt, and open deck
and head-off job eh (unless there are any external casting marks)
i have spare cranks and blocks if you want to make a hybrid ? :)
Ah ok thanks. May take you up on that offer at somepoint, the closed deck blocks are the same as open deck for parts etc....?

Ah ok thanks. May take you up on that offer at somepoint, the closed deck blocks are the same as open deck for parts etc....?
yes interchangeable matt, another member had a CG13 block overbored for 72.5mm corsa pistons, so overboring a closed deck block for 72mm CGA3 pistons should,nt be a problem eh :)
and incidentally i have sourced some half links for our chains ;) so a 3mm headskim on a CGA3, (with a nice taught chain) is feasible now

He's not even stated delivery cost....oh...yeah...£45...

I'm not in hurry to get one...I can wait until something comes up locally...and cheapy cheap (probably end up buying a whole car)

Last edited:
It's a sun visor, it fits to the front of your roof to help protect you from the blazing British sun, like a sun strip would, if there were any sun ^_^
They were quite popular in the 1950's ;)
It fits to the boot above the rear window. Says rear sun visor on title :)

Back