Melted plug on driver's side headlamp connector

-SS-

Ex. Club Member
A couple of days ago I noticed that my driver's side main beam wasn't working. I popped the bonnet and had a look and after wiggling the connector, the main beam switched on. After I let go, it switched off.

I had a closer look at and it looks like the connector has melted, as per pic below:

x.jpg

I'm wondering if I need to replace the entire light assembly and connector or whether the connector on its own will do the trick?

If anybody is braking a K10 and has the above parts going, please let me know! :D :doh:

:)

You just need to replace the connector. Go to the scrap yard, inspect one and if it's any good, cut the wires and remove it that way. Been covered on here loads of times :)

Yep just got my connector from the scrap yard yet to fit it as my main beam is on ATM but will probably go off on the way home :(

ah good news then might pick up a set from them tomorrow then :) much better than the dirty one i picked up from the scrappies (Y)

thanks again guys!

Before you replace the plug, remove the enire earth strap from the battery.
Clean the brass tabs that bolt to the body and gearbox. Clean any corrosion off the points it bolts onto the body.
Refit it and coat the mountings and battery terminal with vaseline.
Then change the plug.
That way it won't happen again!

have you thought ov these ceramic ones they want melt even with high vottage bulbs.

Attachments

• 3415109798_759f72efaf.jpg
    3415109798_759f72efaf.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 518
got a pair yesterday might aswell change both :) also picked up a trolley jack aswell (good news too as my alloys are back!!!)

halfords is the last place i would of thought of for these and strange at them being cheap aswell, thinks ill buy too next time im there just incase the other side melts

got a pair yesterday might aswell change both :) also picked up a trolley jack aswell (good news too as my alloys are back!!!)

how much did you pay for a trolley jack? the jacks what you get with the car i allways think they might end up falling over lol

All i've seen from that guy is links to that site is he advertising here? Overpriced used stuff yeah errr I have eBay and scrappies for that :) £2 gear knob or free :p

Back