• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

mckenzie's S12

I have decided to put up a blog on my s12 after people saying they'd read it. There are no updates apart from little personal touch which is the pink "dildo" gearknob and little about the car.
It has no MOT and these is blowing from the rocker cover breather pipe and some blowing from the manifold. Apart from that it seems to be solid. It came with a boot of spares, like 2 turbos (T2, T25), intercooler, oilcooler, spare tail lights, gaskets, cambel etc.
It also come with another car for spares which Me and Shaun will bring back to live.

Pics you might have seen.
20110113_001.jpg

20110113_002.jpg

20110113_003.jpg

thanks

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
Didnt know there were more s body owners on here thought was the only one, although it's not an sr engine I have quite a few sr bits alternators starters manifolds ect
I'll have a look see if anythings of any use
There maybe an sr20det and box ect from my s14 available soon,:grinning:

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
Nice S12 :)

And gtsnissanb, I had a 200sx for 18 month until the big ends went in november :(

S14 or 14a? Big ends on sr engines are a common problem, happened to me a week after buying it! Since then I got a new engine and converted it from auto to manual and have it running around 300bhp!
The bottom end is very strong on an sr capable of holding 400bhp easily
The thing what destroys them are the oil spray bars on the cams, they block up with crud and allow the cams to run dry they chip little bits off which go down to the bottom end blocking up and scoring the bottom end shells!
Check your cams you'll see, unless it was run without oil obviously! Everytime I do oil changes now on sr engines I allways clean out the spray bars

superls

K10 Tuner
im confused (i cant see pics btw at work) is this the same car shaun posted about yesterday or a different one?

oh and if that T2 turbo is spare drop me a pm

Ian

Ex. Club Member
It was an S14, but I use my car daily for work (60 mile round trip). I had cleaned the oil spray bars just after I bought it, the cams were in great condition anyway, was running around with a few bolt on's, but I have and still have my stage 2 ECU and nismo 555's sat in a box doing nothing. Problem for me was, I needed a car for work and the snow came down the next day which meant i couldnt do an engine swap in the snow on the street. Anyway, totally OT here.

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
It was an S14, but I use my car daily for work (60 mile round trip). I had cleaned the oil spray bars just after I bought it, the cams were in great condition anyway, was running around with a few bolt on's, but I have and still have my stage 2 ECU and nismo 555's sat in a box doing nothing. Problem for me was, I needed a car for work and the snow came down the next day which meant i couldnt do an engine swap in the snow on the street. Anyway, totally OT here.
You'll have give me a price if your selling them mate I could do with them both for my next project

I just came down to check whats really wrong and it seems he is just an idiot. Apart from the highbeam which is not working due to melted connector on one light all the bulbs are fine. I have no idea what rust hes going on about and the horns are actually missing from the car.
Can someone please tell me what passing lights are? I got it as advisory.

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Although the tester and I share a surname, he is no relation of mine I promise!

I suspect he may mean the main beam flasher.

Edit - Beaten to it by Shaun

James

Chairman
I've never seen an MOT tester with such a fancy signature before. Usually it's just an indistinguishable series of squiggly lines! It looks like he tested in in 1878 or something! :laugh:

I must admit, I do LOVE oldskool 80s Nissan, I had a Bluebird Turbo with the same engine and the interior was just amazing! (Y)

I think that is when you flash someone? (i am not trustworthy)
Seems i was onto something: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080514064140AAUcRLo

Although the tester and I share a surname, he is no relation of mine I promise!

I suspect he may mean the main beam flasher.

Edit - Beaten to it by Shaun

I was just thinking how can he possibly give me an advisory for that? passing lights inoperative? My car have pop up headlights, same as loads of others :). I can hardly flash my highbeams at someone quickly enough when they are shut. ######## to him and his royal signature

superls

K10 Tuner
its only an advisory possibly due to the headlight configuration, as you say flip up, and new mot legislation not around when the car was made, (think how many new cars have pop ups on?) its not a fail.

James

Chairman
its only an advisory possibly due to the headlight configuration, as you say flip up, and new mot legislation not around when the car was made, (think how many new cars have pop ups on?) its not a fail.
Exactly, my MR2 passed with flying colours in December and that has popup headlights!

Still "carless". No proper update yet, apart from little personal touch again. Im waiting for payday to purchase CA18DET and then I get cracking.

spot the difference
20110127_003.jpg

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
i would hold that ring and follow your car around on a skate board,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but would quickly disappear:grinning: down a pot hole

wont this on ebay for £177. Its from started life as auto which I think is good and it has done 60k. Will collect next week and then get cracking :D
Picture2-5.png

after little journey and a little bit of struggle its in the garage.
20110202_002.jpg

20110202_004.jpg

gonna make it more shiny. get an engine crane from somewhere. pop it in, done. lol

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
Mate a hint for you there's a water pipe that runs under the inlet Mani.
change it!!
They pop all the time and are a #### to do with the engine in situ! Have you got all the other bits? Mani, turbo ect fmic you can get from an old Saab they pretty much bolt on and work fantastically with ca18det engines

Middle section painted, import plate and wiper has gone cos I never really seen the reason having rear one. And parcel which was not suppose to be there. lol