"Fix" blowing exhaust till we get a new system - done

Have harnesses checked to make sure they're safe

Refit rear interior

Change sidelights -done

Swap the Super S wheels on
Getting ever closer :)

Last edited:
Updated list :)
Getting there, so close now. Just going to sort insurance, and we'll be test driving it! Seeing if I can be put on the insurance too, that'd be nice...

Last edited:
What did it fail on?
No no no, it just ran out. Hasn't been tested yet, worded that badly.
It WILL fail on crossmember, got a spare
and dodgy exhaust. I need to find an MOT legal, decent system, ideally in the next few weeks...

Okay, so we trailered the car to my friends unit where he welded the new crossmember on for us.
After completing that list, here's a new one.
Exhaust (I'm really stuck, no idea what to get, have nothing that will get me through an MOT currently)
Update DVLA paperwork with engine swap
Fix bulb holders in the sidelights
Change harness position
Check O/S ball joint, may need replacing
Fit MSC stickers!!
Another list... I think we're getting there?
Massive thanks to my dad for all this work and to the boys at the 'Zed Shed' in Basingstoke.
And some daylight pictures of my girlfriend posing in the car :)
behimc.jpg

xe4in6.jpg

Any input appreciated, thanks everyone for reading.

Loud and popping is not good mate. Needs to be quiet. Although a vid would help, I'll keep it in mind as we really need one

It's not massively loud, 82db at 4.5krpm....normally the quietest car at a rally :) not loud bags, just burbley pops on the overrun. Give me two seconds

Why not buy a stock exhaust?!
Can't find one that isn't silly money, I do keep checking ebay.
But it does seen silly to rip the one we have off, to put a stock one on, to then rip that off, store it, and put the new one on. I'd rather just a decent MOT legal system.

Can't find one that isn't silly money, I do keep checking ebay.
But it does seen silly to rip the one we have off, to put a stock one on, to then rip that off, store it, and put the new one on. I'd rather just a decent MOT legal system.

That's fair enough

Yeah it's for a non coilpack car, I changed my exhaust manifold for a dizzy one so it fits a coilpack. Will fit yours fine.

It's a stainless steel powerful exhaust (custom made). I'll have to source a new one before I can sell it, but if you're interested I'll do you a favour... I want something louder haha

Okay so we've borrowed a standard system for the MOT, just a few more things to do after we fit that. Hopefully very close....

Should be booking an mot this week, although we still need an O/S/F ball joint. eBay sent me the wrong one! My own fault from buying ebay I suppose.

Steering wheels.. Borrowed an airbag wheel to put in to try and turn the airbag light off, however it just won't turn off, and the horn won't work...
All we need to do is sort the Christmas tree dash out and MOT it...

Steering wheels.. Borrowed an airbag wheel to put in to try and turn the airbag light off, however it just won't turn off, and the horn won't work...

Take the bulb out, as far as I'm aware it's only advisory for no bulb. Orrrr.... As it's a competition car you should be able to get away with not having an airbag :) as for the horn, do you hear the relay clicking when you press the button?

f you have the airbag light, it will show steady for a few seconds (the manual says 7 secs) after you turn the key from off to on (but not start) and then start to flash. Here is how to reset it:

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

If it does not work the first time, just repeat the steps again.

f you have the airbag light, it will show steady for a few seconds (the manual says 7 secs) after you turn the key from off to on (but not start) and then start to flash. Here is how to reset it:

1. Turn the key from off to on.

2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.

3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.

5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.

6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.

If it does not work the first time, just repeat the steps again.

We've tried this, and no joy :(

Take the bulb out, as far as I'm aware it's only advisory for no bulb. Orrrr.... As it's a competition car you should be able to get away with not having an airbag :) as for the horn, do you hear the relay clicking when you press the button?
There isn't a bulb to take out... It's an LED we need to get soldered out

Progress is slow as my daily needed a service and my dad is busy sorting his WRX after it failed it's mot.

The car is mot'd and we had our first event Sunday. It went really well. Here's some video footage.

That's the parts car gone. Would have liked to have taken more off it, but just didn't have the time.
Put this photo on facebook, and a girl at work asked me in a really concerned voice "That red micra's nothing to do with you is it..." as soon as I walked in... They must think I'm mad.

12241212_554875161344286_8481283115136396174_n.jpg

Yeah you need to drill, not a big problem tho :)
Yeah but they're a pain in the arse aren't they, they only clamp in the drivers side then you use extenders iirc? Doesn't seem solid enough for my nigh on £3k Mtb

Back