• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Max's 2013 Tekna DIG-S

Just think what else you can do with €214 Max...

That's a lot of wonga for something you can already do with your right foot.
Haha that's the usual "can do it with your right foot" answer you get off people before they try one. Come over and try it, cant do it with your foot at all.

Many cars now have various modes sport etc, amongst other things these modes change the linear curve of the throttle response. These boxes are basically an aftermarket version of this feature, it's more than just having WOT higher up the pedal travel. It changes completely how the car responds to whatever position the throttle is in. The main differences I have noticed are setting off from standing still is much improved and the big one for me is after gear changes when driving hard, it just pulls so much sooner after each gear. You just can't replicate it by pressing the throttle harder or faster belive me I've tried.
I'd recommend anyone whois sceptical toorder one from the German site as they do a satisfaction guarantee. That's why I got mine from there, I'm just selling themfor fun tbh mostly to my existingcustomers don't make hardly owt on them really so I'm not bothered or trying to sell them to people on here just incase it itsounds like I'm trying to give you all thesales Bull Sh#t haha!

Last edited:

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
That is a fair point.
I am sad to report I can't sustain 60+mpg as it is.
this car is too much fun. I drove Lyra to work today on some really twisty roads. Too much fun.

Even so, you'll be doing way better than the rest of us ;)

I'm happy averaging around 35mpg in the turbo, which is actually pretty good given the spec.

I've never managed 60mpg out mine that's good going! But I'm all short trips and up and down hills round here. But I'm getting 40+ without having to try too hard. So can't complain.

frank

Club Member
you cant do the same with your foot because the ecu has a drive-by-wire delay programmed into it (to make the car easier to drive smoothly, and to reduce warranty claims on the drivetrain)
some evidence or 1/4 mile timeslips would be interesting tho, i suspect the performance per £ ratio would be pretty steep :)

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
you cant do the same with your foot because the ecu has a drive-by-wire delay programmed into it (to make the car easier to drive smoothly, and to reduce warranty claims on the drivetrain)
some evidence or 1/4 mile timeslips would be interesting tho, i suspect the performance per £ ratio would be pretty steep :)

N'ah. 1:1 ratio between pedal input and throttle angle FTW. Anything else is just marketing.

I don't know I've spent more and felt less, I'm very happy with it for 170 quid and feel it really gets the best out of what the cars got. There is somewhere on the Internet, a guy with an audi of some sort who was very into 1/4 mile and had time sheets showing 3 tenths better with the pedal box switched on. Not a lot as such but his car was some stupid high hp and in the group he was racing against 3 tenths was quite a bit. But it's not all about that, my cars just more fun to drive and that's what I was hoping for.

Johnh so.glad you like your pedal box on your dig-s.since we last last spoke had mine put on a dyno run. I was happy with the results, and the hard work I've done modding my car. Went either further today and installed bespoke brake discs.

My new front end. Chrome blackened and black badge

Attachments

• 1466787303712.jpg
    1466787303712.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 552
Johnh so.glad you like your pedal box on your dig-s.since we last last spoke had mine put on a dyno run. I was happy with the results, and the hard work I've done modding my car. Went either further today and installed bespoke brake discs.
I'm in need of new Discs but have been holding off until I could find some grooved or drilled ones but had no luck. What discs have you got?
Also yeah I'm so pleased with the pedal box it's Un-real. Like a different car! I keep turning off and back on again just to feel the difference! Gave a guy with a Note DIG-S a go and he was amazed!
What's your latest dyno results say?

Johnh pm me . My.new discs are drilled and grooved by nitrac. Was done special. Cost 200 for a pair. With my chip at half setting I'm now running 118bhp 21 over standard. But that includes k&k&n filter and custom s/steel exhaust

OP
OP
MaxK11C

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
13886292_1017748668369319_8975139525464336533_n.jpg
Well, I guess its about time I updated this blog for the last time.
On Friday the 29th of July my little K13 was written off by a BMW 520D.
I was in stop start traffic on the A34 northbound, as I stopped for the next delay, the gentleman behind me didn't.

Last edited: