• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Max's 2013 Tekna DIG-S

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Been on the hunt for one of these rare little beauties for a while now, one finally came up locally for a decent price so I've gone and bought it.
Being the Tekna, this is fully loaded with every option (bar the glass roof) and looks incredible in the pacific blue colour.
The DIG-S means it's supercharged! (the main selling point for me...)
  • Air con
  • Built in SatNav
  • Keyless entry
  • Push button start
  • 360 degree parking sensors
  • 16" Diamond cut alloys
  • blue stitched interior and leather gear knob
This is by the far the most modern car I've ever owned, so driving it was a little strange but I'm going to easily get used to it.
Since this is just going to be my daily, it won't be modified (Let's see how long THAT lasts) and will be more of a review and owners thoughts blog rather than a build thread.
I'll try to keep this up to date with services, real world MPG, and what it's like to drive.
Hopefully going back to pick it up soon.
Pictures outside the dealership.
13077074_619012684930533_3683282573918092436_n.jpg
13123241_619012771597191_4435442902623445828_o.jpg
13131248_619012784930523_2000356574611935850_o.jpg

skymera

Brutal Honesty
As a man whose primary goal of driving is now keeping the MPG as high as he can... I am interested in what you get from this.

Subbing to thread

If that's the actual filter its the wrong one..its actually long and very narrow for the dig-s.give you an idea I'm currently 21bap above factory

OP
OP
MaxK11C

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
If that's the actual filter its the wrong one..its actually long and very narrow for the dig-s.give you an idea I'm currently 21bap above factory
What have you done to achieve the power increase, and have you got a build thread? Or dyno printout?

I've done quite a bit to and have a dyno printout.its chipped. Throttle response,custom exhaust filter. 17 inch alloys,blacked windows. Nissan body kit. jl audio speakers

I've done quite a bit to and have a dyno printout.its chipped. Throttle response,custom exhaust filter. 17 inch alloys,blacked windows. Nissan body kit. jl audio speakers
Chipped you say? Where did you get that from? I've been looking for someone to remap mine but no one wants to know being Hitachi Ecu. Chipping could be my way out.

was it a performance chip or a throttle response thing? or do you have both? ive seen the throttle response units from race chips. I'm currently looking into a reduced size s/c pulley ive found a company that will machine them just trying to get some safe reduction info from Eaton.

did you feel a decent difference from the chip box? and the pedal box? also I take it that the pedal box doesn't interfere with the super charger over ride switch at the bottom of the throttle pedal travel?

A lot more responsive. Can run with both at same time. No mil light on.no problems. Can even set up pedal box how you want it or just use preset settings

Japan dyno had an Impul spoiler not so long ago I nearly got it but changed my mind as it wouldn't look right on its own. Should of just saved it and collected the rest! Was on their site for ages and kept getting reduced, may be worth an email to them. If you don't know them, they deal in used parts and they have found things for mates of mine in the past, just ask them to keep an eye out. Also Nengun get some micra stuff occasionally but their postage is stupid!

OP
OP
MaxK11C

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Good shout, thanks John!
Today was the day I picked up my little beauty, what a car!
Dealt with the loveliest salesman ever at Westover Nissan Salisbury. As I went to pay for the Micra my card got rejected. I was sat on hold on the phone to my bank for an hour trying to get them to raise my limit, 45 minutes after the poor salesman was supposed to go home we completed the deal and I drove away.
As soon as I got out onto the open road I noticed just how incredibly light the steering is, and how responsive it feels. Turning into a corner isn't a big deal, but it deals with it in such a way that makes it feel stiff and solid, with minimal body roll but without ever feeling harsh.
The power is certainly there. The supercharger is on a bypass, I'm not entirely sure how this works but the throttle has two depressed positions, one is about 75%, and that's accelerating on motor at full speed. If you push past that, and depress the throttle fully, the supercharger kicks in. (from what I can tell)
Its not blisteringly quick, but certainly faster than a 1.3 K11. Keeps up with modern traffic with ease. It doesn't feel like it wants to be driven hard, and its just great to drive around at cruising speeds. Its very quiet, and comfortable.
In terms of gadgets, toys, and gismos it's got plenty! The keyless entry and start is a fantastic option. This allows the owner (or whoever is holding the keys either in their bag or pocket) to open the car without holding the keys. how needed it actually is I don't know - I never had an issue with just using a remote! The electric windows and mirrors are great, a more common option now though I think. Built in Satnav is fantastic, simple to use and straight to the point, really pleased with that. The Bluetooth works as it should, and apparently can connect up to four phones! I made a few calls just to test, and its really clear quality calls.
I cant work out the cruise control, I'm going to need some time on that one, but when I did get it to work (I couldn't do it again) I loved it! Just sat at 70 all the way home, didn't have to adjust my speed at all!
The parking sensors probably aren't needed but are a great touch. Rear visibility isn't the best feature of the car.

But with so many more things to discover, I can't wait to get back in it and drive it to work tomorrow.
Photos! More in the daylight tomorrow.
WP_20160511_22_09_04_Pro.jpg
WP_20160511_21_04_22_Pro.jpg

Looks great max! I quite wanted that colour but could only find a silver one at the time, and didn't wanna wait lol. Enjoy it! Nice cars Imo, have you got any plans for it yet? or are just leaving it standard? I had no intention of doing anything to mine, was just gonna be my daily because all my love and money was going into my Honda SMX. but that didn't happen ive since ended up selling my Honda haha

Last edited:
OP
OP
MaxK11C

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
@johnH sensible daily, my march isn't neighbour friendly!
I would love to modify, but I think ill try stick some club stickers on, and keep it clean.
@skymera I do like getting places before the next new year, 70mph is fine, thank you!
But when I'm not in a hurry maybe ill try 60 and compare the difference?

I've spent all day thinking about driving it, and then driving it. I'm totally smitten, I hope this feeling lasts. Took it to the same place I get all my photos:
WP_20160512_20_26_29_Pro.jpg
WP_20160512_20_32_56_Pro.jpg
WP_20160512_20_33_10_Pro.jpg

Ah just wait till a few old folk have given you the smile from inside theirs coming the other way, you'll end up doing bits. Most of them sorta frown at me now, it's much better . Did have one old guy parked next to me in his when I came out of sainsburys and he jumped out and had a chat with me about our Micras haha ace old guy!

OP
OP
MaxK11C

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Ah just wait till a few old folk have given you the smile from inside theirs coming the other way, you'll end up doing bits. Most of them sorta frown at me now, it's much better . Did have one old guy parked next to me in his when I came out of sainsburys and he jumped out and had a chat with me about our Micras haha ace old guy!
Awesome! You never get any recognition in a K11, so be interesting to see if there's any response from K13 drivers. I certainly haven't waved at anyone yet.
Probably will end up doing a few bits.

They need lowering, they are so so high. I got some cheap Direnza Springs to start with either 35 or 40mm can't remember? Actually rides very well on those just not quite low enough for me. Don't want it stupid just less gap! So had to spend on coilovers, but for the money I can recommend them Direnza Springs!

OP
OP
MaxK11C

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
So I've had the car exactly a week now.
I'm in love! What a fantastic car. So comfy and many MPGs. It works as it should, and does what its told.
I've managed to get north of 60mpg, but only by going 56 on cruise control on the A34.
Realistically its more like 40 usually; but still a great number.

Attachments

• WP_20160515_22_49_07_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160515_22_49_07_Pro.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 523

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Nice economy for a petrol lump. That's pretty much what I get out of the Merc.

Attachments

• 20151227_000539.jpg
    20151227_000539.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 554

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Below is a very good 20 mile run from work. There's a long downhill which gives the engine time to warm slightly and brings the MPG average up, and then careful driving maintains this.

Achieving such high MPG was more of an experiment of mine. How slow and how "well" do you need to drive to achieve figures stated in the handbook? The answer is pretty damn slow. 55MPH with perfect gear changes. This is boring enough to kill a person.

The downhill makes the below somewhat artificial. But FWIW, my journey this morning over 10 miles reached a high of 81MPG. Engine is rated for 83MPG.

Around town, 70MPG is pretty easy.
I have averaged 72MPG since fuelling over 250 miles.
12ExF1J.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
MaxK11C

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
@skymera you're bloomin well right. I didn't buy a supercharged car for no reason.

This is why I love the micra, it has a great sense of go about it and performs like a 'warm' hatch when you plant your foot - but behaves like a diesel when you want to be sensible. I was worried it would be a horrendous comprise - but this certainly isn't the case. Great to drive however you're feeling. Totally in love with this car.

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Just think what else you can do with €214 Max...

That's a lot of wonga for something you can already do with your right foot.

OP
OP
MaxK11C

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Just think what else you can do with €214 Max...

That's a lot of wonga for something you can already do with your right foot.
That is a fair point.
I am sad to report I can't sustain 60+mpg as it is.
this car is too much fun. I drove Lyra to work today on some really twisty roads. Too much fun.