• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Max's 2003 BX1 Cadbury Blue 1.0 - Another one?! "Kerry"

MaxK11C

Micraless
Social Brand Manager
Here we go again!!

Hi everyone,

I'm sure most of you know me by now but for those who don't, hi, I'm Max. I'm 21, and living in Oxfordshire. I have had multiple Micras over the last few years, and this is my latest.
Let me introduce you to Kerry, my 2003 Nissan Micra Tempest. She's a 1.0 coilpack car, with a manual transmission. I bought the car at just over 100k miles, she's been around a bit. She came up local for a good price, and I couldn't help myself.
The idea was to take her to JAE, in secret. I couldn't keep it to myself completely, so I let @James in on the plan.

What are my goals?
1) To have a lightly modified K11 I can use for work, car meets, shows, and the occasional autotest.
2) To take it to JAE 2019. This means KEEPING IT!!
3) To keep it on the road, and doing as much of the maintenance myself, and not paying a garage to do it.

Photos:

This is the morning after the night I picked her up. Very stock, but in good condition for the mileage. This was taken outside my house, parked next to my girlfriends facelift.
2ceopas.jpg

I took her to my friends house to give her a much needed clean!
aa9841.jpg

OOPS. The first big outing in the car was to a Shuttergang meet in Milton Keynes. This would be the first test for the car. On the way back, we got a puncture... This was after I changed the wheel in a petrol station somewhere in Oxford!
mm7m2p.jpg

My number plates on:
deme8k.jpg

Made it to JAE, and gave her another quick clean whilst there:
5zqiyq.jpg

Whilst at JAE (and hungover) I bought some speakers, and the majority of the Micra Sports Club helped install them!! Here's @James lending his expertise :p
vkrp5.jpg

Sun setting over our stand
6f0ftk.jpg

Cosplay night!! (@Huggy444 I told you I'd go to JAE in a dress)
29xcako.jpg

And that's about it for the first entry. The only other thing I've done is get shot of the original cassette player and installed an aftermarket headunit. I'll get some photos when I'm next near the car.

Thanks for reading, more updates soon I hope!

xox