Maximum HP/Torque admissible by stock K11 1.3 16v gearbox

Hello huys

I'd want to know if there are tested limits for how much power can a 1.3 16v gearbox take, just on the curious side right now, because eventually i'd like to swap a k11 to a more powerful engine but the SR20 swap is kinda the standard swap for a K11 and i'd like to go a bit bonkers, probably with a Renesis engine. The gearing on the K11 is nice to me, so i don't think it could be a problem.

Anyway, this is an idea that i have on the back of my mind, and something that would simplify things a lot is the fact that the gearbox could withstand the power, so instead of having to adapt a whole drivetrain to the car, we could just have a engine swap (which, AFAIK, could be made street legal on spain). I've seen absolutely no examples of this swap, so i don't know if it's even possible.

Cheers.

Having done a conversion I think the complications involved with adapting the micra gearbox to your chosen engine will be more than those of custom or welded cut and shut driveshafts. By keeping the engine and gearbox you keep a gearbox with gears matched to the engine and you aren't introducing a weakness either by the clutch, gears, or diff.
The cg13 gearbox does fit on the ga engines, but these are a step down in power from the sr20. Others have done Honda B series or Saab 2ltr turbo swaps if memory serves.

Having done a conversion I think the complications involved with adapting the micra gearbox to your chosen engine will be more than those of custom or welded cut and shut driveshafts. By keeping the engine and gearbox you keep a gearbox with gears matched to the engine and you aren't introducing a weakness either by the clutch, gears, or diff.
The cg13 gearbox does fit on the ga engines, but these are a step down in power from the sr20. Others have done Honda B series or Saab 2ltr turbo swaps if memory serves.

Thanks for the info, I've never done something like it and don't really know what's more difficult. Also I've been told that the cg13 gearbox is so small that will be near impossible to fit a suitable clutch, so that goes there too.

A cg13 gearbox is big enough for a ga16 clutch that can take 250HP. But you will prolly kill a box with that amount of horsepower.

If you never done a engine swap before dont start with like a renesis swap as that is alot of custom work. Start with a GA16 or SR20 as thats easier. Or just a CG13 with CG10 pistons or something easy.

A cg13 gearbox is big enough for a ga16 clutch that can take 250HP. But you will prolly kill a box with that amount of horsepower.

If you never done a engine swap before dont start with like a renesis swap as that is alot of custom work. Start with a GA16 or SR20 as thats easier. Or just a CG13 with CG10 pistons or something easy.

Yeah, that's something i should think about first, as i don't know **** about swaps. Probably some 1.6 engine would fare well for me to still have room around the engine, as i might have trouble fitting an SR20 in there. Or some random engine i might like, as i did the renesis. But still, this is for the years to come, and if someone needed that info, having it here too.

Thanks anyway, as i didn't knew a GA16 clutch could fit in there. I thought the housing would be pretty tight.

pollyp

Club Member
So it's safe to assume that 150hp are safe on the medium-long term... Wow that was a nasty sound there. You have pics or a post of about that gear?
150hp for street driving is fine.

Wrote bout it here

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Micra Sports Club mobile app