• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

"Maxi Micra" project....by EBBdude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank

Club Member
amazing results EBB (Y)
it looks a little laggy at 2k ? (i just tried out a 1.0 exh cam in mine and it pulls a lot stronger from 2k now, but the power falls off a cliff at 5k tho lol)

Attachments

• SDC11656.JPG
    SDC11656.JPG
    277.3 KB · Views: 2,456
OP
OP
E
Here is some results :

The ” Evolution ” parts are finished and the Maxi Micra has gone through lots of more Dynapack action.

But let us forst see what I have achieved so far in this project :

Started out with the Maxi pumping out these stock numbers :

51, 1 Hp @ 5370 rpm ( @ hubs )
79,4 Nm @ 2850 rpm ( @flywheel ))

Then i made a spacer , some modification to a stock ex-manifold and some grinding in the throttle body.
That gave me these results :

60,9 Hp @ 5737 rpm ( @ hubs )
98.1 Nm @ 3559 rpm ( @ flywheel )

Result :
+9,8 hp from original
+18,7 Nm from original

Percentage increase in Hp = 19 %

Then i made som adjustable camsgears ans fiddling with some ignition timing
68,7 Hp @ 6400 rpm ( @ hubs )
99,6 Nm@ 3465 rpm (@ flywheel )

Result:
+ 17,7 Hp from original
+ 20.2 Nm from original

Percentage increas Hp = 34 %

All this without bying / installing a single high performance part from the shelf.

SO NOW THE LAST RESULTS :

My cams , pistons , inlet ,cylinderhead , all DIY modified + the old ex-manifold is to be tested to find out if they contributed with some more positive results.

These are the parts that I have modified / worked with :
tn_DSCF7854.JPG

Here is the results , for now , in Hp and you can see the original power graph as well
tn_875hp.JPG

and for Nm with a original for compare.
tn_875nm.JPG

( if anyones wonder why the pulsation in Nm graph,,,,well thats what you get using a stock engine management and that’s fine for me as I am going to install a modified version of the old ECU soon and fix things up a bit in that matter. )

So then i have ( for the time being ) :

87,54 Hp @ 6700 rpm ( @ hubs ]
94,8 Nm @ 4000 rpm ( @ flywheel )

RESULT :
+36,4 Hp from original
+15,4 Nm from original

Percentage increase in Hp = 71 %

71 % percent in power output using ONLY OEM Nissan parts !!!!

( could add that i managed to squezee out 90,2 Hp @ hubs going to the far wild end of the camgear position hunting down more power in upper region but not to usable for a daily driven car so i setteled for 87,4 in the end as a compromize that i could live with )

The Maxi Micra has now rolled on the street for soon to come 6 weeks , covered more than 1500 km as shown with the “ Evo “ setup.

It works perfect in city driving , rides fine on longer trips ( 500 km t/rt )and is willing to rev 8500 rpm+ anytime of the day.

Nothing has broken down , no wear on camshafts , its start just as fine in minus 10 dgr C as when warm and almost to good to be true has even now quite good mileage.

Needs 98 octane fuel though but that is available straight from the pumps here so no problemas.

Here is a clip showing the new potensial on a 0-100 km / h ( actual 0-102,7 km /h )

[video=youtube;W5ISii2f3kQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5ISii2f3kQ[/video]
Maxi Micraen has now cut in half the time it used as a stock car on this test.

But the Maxi Micra doesn’t stop here , there is more to come and the numbers on the graph is lalready reaching new peaks.

More in a bit :)

That has made me speechless haa, thats 0-100 kph in around 7 seconds which is pretty rapid mate. You have achieved 71% increase over standard power with as you say OEM parts which is pretty incredible mate, some people cant get that sort of increase with £££'s spend on performance parts

Get some bike carbs/bike boddies on there that should get you some nice power also, combine it with the bigger valves etc for intake

(Y)

Holy hell EBB thats rediculous, is this with NOS? Also i can't wait for any further results, but i can't believe my eyes o_O

Imagine this turbo'd and completely stripped down lol, stani' should get one of these haha.

OP
OP
E
Thanks all for looking in again :)

Hm,,,how did my post end up twice in the forum...

@Frank
appreciate your comment :)

@Liio
Thanks for kind words :)

That is exactely what this is about :
To prove and show that it can be done , without ANY purchase of exspensive parts at all.
Even with the std ( though modified ) Ex-manifold and throttle body still being its puny small one.

I would say as i always say ; knowledge rule,,,,not the wallet :)

@Mr Migs
thank you for comment on video and here , appreciate it :)
i can promise even more cool stuff in the future...

@Noddie
Thanks also to You for comment :)

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
WOW
(Y)
Amazing 0 - 100 time Erik ! Now you can REALLY mess with "bigger" cars easily :p

Very nice EBB!
Great achievements you got with that DIY and I agree with the statement: "knowledge rule.... not the wallet" but...
most people don't have the knowledge and tools to climb that stair, so, wallet to the rescue :) even though I bet some would like to have that knowledge, myself included, I'd rather work on my car but the problem is that I'm a noob at the age of 32 regarding auto mechanics/electronic and I'm just starting to learn some basic things but it feels a lot better when we are doing it and not someone else..
Thanks for sharing your passion working with these great little cars and keep it up!

wow that is amazing... so when are you taking our cars and doing this for a couple of hundred? lol just shows what you can do with all the knowledge and skill... im gob smacked!

OP
OP
E
@chickenwahoo
thaks man and i will try to get some more cool stuff out there soon for you to look at :)

@Seb
thanks to you too :)
I do have a goal of whtat i would like to see at clock doing the 0-100 km/t but some might find it , as one said here earlier " redicolous " but i will do my best to get that time in there somehow...

@qorx
Thanks , and of ocurse my intention is solely to show that these things are possible.
Not trying to discriminate anyone of their approach to their project.
I just like to do it different by nature :)

@Will930
thanks for looking :)

sleeper_ss

Ex. Club Member
Thanks EBB for taking the time to share the information,I expect there will be loads of little mods going on across the forum.Should keep things interesting.
Looking forward to any updates...

Do you have any more plans for the chassis, specifically the suspension?

I feel there is a lot of weight to be saved if the rear axle wasn't there............:suspect:

OP
OP
E
@sleeper ss
sharing stuff like this is important. In that wat we dont have to wonder about things,,,,we know things :)
Thanks for kind words.

@grevs
Thanks and keep looking at the MAxi Micra project and i think you wont be dissapointed

@will930
good stuff :)

@chicenwahoo
yes , there will be some more chassi stuff , but not right now as i want to finish the presentation of the engine stuff, you see , thats not finished,,,more to come :)

OP
OP
E
@super ls
thanks for looking :)

I must say that i feel quite satisfied with the results so far with the MAxi Micra project.
Have to admit that i didnt expect this , well at the other hand i did , but considering using only OEM parts it is a great result...so far because there is more.....much more to come :)

OP
OP
E
Before i move on with this Evoluzione process with the engine and stuff i will show you a little stunt on these here

tn_DSCF8200.JPG

For the one who read the " Micro Micra " thread one will find out why,,,,,making things better.

You can find it in here if you want to have a look :
http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/40020-EBBdude-s-Micro-Micra-project

But it will take a few moments as i have been struck down with the flu.....yaiiks :(

Probably something to do with this white powder entering our region of Norway :
tn_DSCF8463.JPG

Be nice for Christmas though :)

Back soon :)

OP
OP
E
Now it is time for more development on the Maxi Micra projct.

When I worked with the “Micro Micra “ project
http://www.evo.no/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=12720
We had success with using the copper-core cables.

This I want to continue on the Maxi project and make them even better and more functionable.

Thought i show you all how this can be done in a cheap and easy way :)

But first a quick trip to the local junkyard where I found these and they were donated to the project .
tn_DSCF8200_1.JPG

I dont want these kind of silicone supress cables at all
tn_DSCF8201.JPG

Taket he old donated cables apart
tn_DSCF8202.JPG

Open up the end fitting
tn_DSCF8203.JPG

In the end this is what i am after
tn_DSCF8204.JPG

More to come soon...

The term "waste not want not" probably originates in Yorkshire and means exactly what it says, never wasting anything results in never wanting anything. For example, only serve enough food at a meal that you know will easily be eaten, leaving no waste. Do not spend your hard earned cash on things you do not really need or want. Think before spending - "waste not want not".

So good recycling (reuse) of the plug lead parts

I knew that one would require an explanation for you Erik :)

OP
OP
E
Thanks for the English lesson guys , good to know :)

I agree that if one can use one thing in another new thing its even better.
Then if the new thing is better than even better then it is,,,,,,good :)

OP
OP
E
Here is the rest of the ignition cable project

Enter the new copper core cables , precut to desire lenght into the old plastic and metal end pieces.
tn_DSCF8205.JPG

The new copper cables are bought on roll and are quite cheap. A roll of 5 meters is about 6 pounds I think.

Assemble the old end onto the new cables
tn_DSCF8206.JPG

Chrimped the new cable onto the old fitting ( could have soldered it but didnt bother )
tn_DSCF8207.JPG

Using this universal end fitting in the other end of the cable
tn_DSCF8209.JPG

Voila , here i have a new solution with better performance potentional and cheap as hell
tn_DSCF8208.JPG

Finished it looks like this
tn_ferdkabl.jpg

Fully functional and total cost about 12 punds and estimate an hours work…

More soon….

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
Hi, EBBdude

Could you tell me what type is the copper cable you have bought? I'd love to follow your example(Y)(Y)

OP
OP
E
@peposhi

The ones i use are some Bosch universal that comes in a roll of ,,is it 3 or 5 m now....anyways :

as you saew in Ebay there are many types that you can use.
the ones that Knobbly refered to are ok and good stuff.

They work great and if you want to just use vulcanization rubber band and wrap around to tripple insulate the exits :)

My DIY modified pistons go in.
tn_DSCF8018.JPG

( nope , no new piston rings or bearings,,,will explain why later )

I am , for the moment keeping the modified OEM ex-manifold ( tell you why later ) have only adjusted the size of the ports a bit
tn_DSCF8031.JPG

How's it going Erik? I hope you haven't forgotten about these explanations :) see I'm paying attention ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.