Max tyre size on standard 13" steel rims

Whats the max "SAFE" size of Tyres you can fit or have fitted to standard Micra 13" steel wheels (1995 car) .

Down to 2mm on mine so need a set and shopping about sometimes a slightly wider tyre ie 165 is cheaper than the skinny 155s fitted.

I always like to mention tyres are what holds your car on the road...
I get my tyres new from ebay then pay £10 each tyre to get them fitted at local garage.

Hmmm will have to ponder ... Avons are C grip and i had them before on the other Micra ... were okay wet or dry ..... although not as good as the Westlakes which were a B grip rating......but have worn quite quickly ..... although that was after the previous tyres. ......

Tyres i had before were some chinese make and you had to turn the wheel a few seconds before the bend or you would just go straight on ... they were that hard they lasted over 40,000 miles lmao ..... that said because of the lack of grip the suspension rubbers etc have no wear in them at all lol ..... was kinda fun in a fearful kinda way sliding down the lanes..... ohhh happy days.

Tend to save my pocket money for the bike tyres ..... :)

Ha! Same here....although, I wish bike tyres were the same price as car ones....:(

You can get some good deals ... I got a pair of Michelin PR3 s for about £140 delivered by Tyreleader in Germany .... take about 5 days to deliver ... next door neighbour works at tyre shop and balanced myself....... in fact i left the weight on the front from the last tyre and it was perfect as is ... just counteracts the valve weight.
That said I am only looking at £120 ish for 4 Avons including fitting, valves and balancing.

I used to run 165/65/13 on my K11. Tenner fitted for part worns and easily 6mm+ tread each. They were surprisingly grippy compared to the 155/70/13 before. I think they were Spyder tyres last but I got whatever they had usually.

Back