Matiz Set Up - MOT

Has anyone on here that are running the daewoo matiz suspension on the front gotten away with keeping them on for MOT?

I know for a fact my rears will need changed to standard :rolleyes:

Rather than going to the trouble of changing your rears, why not just make them captive? It can be done easily with a length of old seat belt and few bolts and large washers. Make some straps to stop the axle dropping far enough to let the springs come out. Or modify the shocks - drop the mounting point on the shaft down - welding required, and sleeve the excess shaft inside the boot. Or buy some Corsa Shocks, this would be the best.

There's a couple of posts on the droop straps somewhere in the middle of my Turquoise LX blog.

Rather than going to the trouble of changing your rears, why not just make them captive? It can be done easily with a length of old seat belt and few bolts and large washers. Make some straps to stop the axle dropping far enough to let the springs come out. Or modify the shocks - drop the mounting point on the shaft down - welding required, and sleeve the excess shaft inside the boot. Or buy some Corsa Shocks, this would be the best.

There's a couple of posts on the droop straps somewhere in the middle of my Turquoise LX blog.

Its corsa shocks Im on :oops: I dont have a problem changing the springs on the rear, it doesnt take long at all, its the front thats more of a pain haha
its a good way to keep them captive though!

Okay thanks folks! Thats one thing off the list for MOT Prep! :D

try taking the rubber off the washer that goes on the shock shaft when you put it in, instant 10mm shorter shock :)

Back