master cylinder top cap

Antony

Ex. Club Member
arrrg.

right then as someof you will know iuve been after a brake master cylinder for my car to make it pass its mot, so i pinched one from the scrappy......

right that was the easy bit, fitted it on....... no problems...... filled it up......easy

come to bleed it....:laugh: no chance.

i got a gunsons one man brake bleading kit, drilled a hole in the top cap to accept the pressure pipe......fitted it to the master cylinder......and it squirts brake fluid all over my hands... from under the cap...

so i tried about 5 different rubber seals........ nothing.... still leaks..

what can i do? cos now i cant bleed my brakes, ad ive only got 1 week till the jap meet.!!!!!!:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Grab a freind and do it the old fashioned way, You need someone inside the car pumping and the other topping up and bleeding. Fully top-up master cylinder and fit bleed pipe to nipple (starting from nipple furthest away from cylinder) crack off nipple and have freind pump the pedal all the way up and all the way down until your happy.
Have them push and hold pedal down whilst you tighten brake nipple, repeat four times.

the way I do it is this way, top up the fluid resevoir, connect a pipe to the bleed nipple at one end and put the other end in a jar or bottle with some brake fluid in ensuring the open end of the pipe is below the level of the fluid, this will prevent the air from being sucked back into the brake system,
open the nipple 1/2 a turn and start pumping the pedal, after 10-12 pumps check the fluid level in the resevoir, top it up if neccesary, keep pumping until there are no air bubbles are coming from the tube end and the fluid is clear, you might need a friend to watch the end of the pipe to watch for air, when the fluid is clear close off the bleed nipple, continue round the brake system until all four corners are done.

Back