Massive crash on Woodpecker

Sparcoxs

Buy & Sell Member
I was out co-driving on the Woodpecker stages yesterday in a Micra 1275 with Becky Kirvan.

Unfortunatly on the 4th stages we had a HUGE accident. Somehow though we are both ok. Both battered and bruised.Becky has a fair bit of bruising and swelling on her legs and kness and I somehow dislocated my shoulder. Can't stress enough how lucky Becky is but also how glad that she was ok after what was around an 80mph impact on the first tree stump we hit before rolling down the hillside and hitting a few more.

FBimage.jpg

You guys look really lucky to have avoided major injury or worse! Glad you're ok

i went to watch the rally up in ludlow for a bit and saw you! and a few other micras. glad to see you're ok as well to be fair looks like a nasty crash and those bucket seats look like they helped

woah, there is like no drivers foot well left! thats insane, nice to know these micras still hold up! glad you are all ok, whats happening to the car?

nex you sound like your on the prowl for bits! tut tut , just kidding

the car has served it purpose, its saved you both, if it had been a lesser car then who knows, it can be rebuilt you cant:eek:

Ye....she is one seriously lucky girl fair play but it was a massive accident but the car is really way beyond repair. I don't think much is salvagable and even if they are they will be proably put on a new shell for the new car I think.

nex you sound like your on the prowl for bits!

always lol, i can see a perfectly good gearknob there! and some super s dials that are kinda ok, useful for parts anyway.

i had another look at the pics, and its just crazy, if the tree had hit the car just a little bit further back and not directly on the roll cage mount it would have come straght through the door. its amazing that the roll cage was there to keep everything in check, but it was the chassis that dragged the roll cage in! its shocking what people walk away from.

Chuff me! That's a nasty prang......glad you're both ok :O) Rollcages are worth it every time!

As bad as it looks the cage did a very good job really becuase an 80mph impact into a tree stump is going to some major damage to anycar. Obviously is pretty hard to strengthen the sill but the rollcage was a Safety Devices bolt in cage with a welded in double diagonal door bars but as said, it was more the chassis and pillar that was bent. Becky is very lucky to walk away from it as am I but more so her as you can see from the state of the foot well. Hopefully back out on the Cambrian rally in October in another Micra with a finish as a target just to get the confidence back again.

Back