• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Martha the Micra

OP
OP
Blue

Blue

Ex. Club Member
yer but could seriously hurt me though lol :( goiing to start looking for different insurers that will insure me with the mods ready for feb any ideas for reasonable insurers?

OP
OP
Blue

Blue

Ex. Club Member
As the insurance wont cover me for my induction kit I’ve thought what I can do in the mean time so I thought decals for the back quarter windows cutesy of Kev(Y). and I’ve changed my mind about getting the car recarpeted as I’ve been quoted £500!!!:eek:. oh well I can get my exhaust a month earlier than planed ready for next year(Y) some pics of the decals i've got a pair of OMP stickers for the space between the janspeed and simota. oh and a pic of my sorry looking car while it waits for the alloys to be reconditioned:( should be ready for the jap show finale on sun.

Attachments

• SSA52228.JPG
    SSA52228.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 235
  • SSA52229.JPG
    SSA52229.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 233
  • SSA52230.JPG
    SSA52230.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 264
here are the mods that i have done and intend to do:

Changed heater control bulbs for Ultra bright LEDs.

Hi Blue,

very nice job you've done so far.....(Y)(Y) keep it coming(Y):laugh:

just have a question for you...how did you manage to open that heater control unit.is it from the back or on the front.how many bulbs are in there and are they the same like in the speedometer?I want to replace the bulbs cause one or two are gone already...cheers

OP
OP
Blue

Blue

Ex. Club Member
hi m8 glad u like it:grinning: i changed the bulbs by
taking the centre console cover panel off first
and then carefully pull the knobs off dont be too rough with the knobs as the clips can be brittle as i found out.
you can leave the actual unit in the car and using a thin bladed screwdriver carefully peel the face off the heater unit but again be careful not to over bend it or stress marks will apear or it will snap.
you should be able to replace the bulbs now in the unit.
just reverse the steps to re assemble:grinning:

the bulbs are 501's and i think that theres 2 or 3 i got a pack of 5 from Aceparts on ebay heres the link http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ACEparts-Performance-Lighting

hope that helps m8

OP
OP
Blue

Blue

Ex. Club Member
yer i keep looking at the car from the side and keep saying to my self good choice. hopefully ill have the omp pair off kev before the jap show this weekend oh and got my wheels back today realy nice now there refurbed. yay!!! no more chivs in my rims:grinning: pic or two to follow

OP
OP
Blue

Blue

Ex. Club Member
got bored of looking at my air filter about a month ago so threw it on. its SOOOO loud people will spin round to look three was one kid that nearly fell off his push bike to look at me lol:laugh: oh and a countryside shot with the big brov:p

Attachments

• IMG_4205.JPG
    IMG_4205.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_4206.JPG
    IMG_4206.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_4207.JPG
    IMG_4207.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_4243 adjusted.jpg
    IMG_4243 adjusted.jpg