OP
OP
martinb

martinb

Ex. Club Member
Ha ha waiting for post man to bring me my oil lines and sump fitting :(

Removing sump tomorrow and hopefully picking up a s14 or s13 afm

Not sure on this intercooler really, it's awkard to make fit

May just opt with the conventional eBay universal one but thinking on a cheaper route

May go breaker yard tommorow swe what I can find

Can anyone tell me if I need a bov?

I don't want psst noise, I want chatter from the filter

Do I need a stock recirculating one or can I not use one at all? Can't see why I'd need one if the air is just being released back out the turbo?

Plus its less stuff to pay for :)

Hopefully sleeper ss has a 1.3 gearbox that I need? I wonder if he would give it to me for an Xmas pressie!!!!! Hint hint lol

OP
OP
martinb

martinb

Ex. Club Member
went to 3 breaker yards yesterday on a hunt for some intercooler goodness.......nothing

came home,still no oil lines and no intercooler :(
scopez popped over last mate, he took me for a drive, cars awesome! ruthless in the wet though, torque steer and wheel spin its so funny

he also dropped over some spare intercooler piping that he had left over from his conversion

DSC_3551.jpg

cheers mate(Y)

today i decided to remove my oil pan so i can get cracking with the oil lines and had some fun:)

for anyone wanting to remove it you dont have to remove the whole centre member like the haynes says

just remove the two front bolts and lower part of engine mount, with some jiggling and pushing down on the centre member its out

DSC_3543.jpg

DSC_3542.jpg

DSC_3545.jpg

also just wanted show the awesome frankspeed exhaust system

thanks again matey

DSC_3547.jpg

oh and the inside of my engine

DSC_3544.jpg

how shes sits, i think ive taken the front bumper of more times than ive started the car!!

DSC_3553.jpg

if anyone has a small ebay front mounted intercooler for sale please let me know

oh and new bits bought

90a430e4.jpg

s13 afm with k&N

jjc_sr102-76blk.jpg

will post up some more soon when bits actually get here :( damn flucking snow grr!!

OP
OP
martinb

martinb

Ex. Club Member
question for ed fusion please

is it possible to mount the air flow meter backwards

i have a 3" 90 degree elbow coming off my throttle body that i would like to use but will need to buy a reducer to fit the s13 afm as its smaller ithink 2.5'', on the other side i need the same reducer to to take it from 3" to 2.5 as thats what my intercooler piping is

can it be run backwards so i dont have to buy two more silicon reducers mate?

anyone? cheers

sleeper_ss

Ex. Club Member
The subtle smell of EP90 coming from the tree area carpet on Christmas morn..Mrs. will be well pleased :wasntme: I'm sure there is one still there from the 30k white breaker & if there is it's got your name on it.I'll have a rummage tomorrow.
You're keen,fiddling around in the garage in these temparatures!
Hopefully sleeper ss has a 1.3 gearbox that I need? I wonder if he would give it to me for an Xmas pressie!!!!! Hint hint lol

baguete

Site Supporter
I dont think so, the AFM has a hole for the air to pass through so it can meter part of the airflow, if it is mounted backwards the airflow wont "hit" that hole...

OP
OP
martinb

martinb

Ex. Club Member
Due to recent events at home I will no longer be keeping the car or completing the turbo conversion

I am keeping some bits but selling others as I will hope to return with a "ready to go" Micra

So with regret this us part list

Jdm cg13de auto 36,000 genuine miles £150

Turbo technics turbo 12 months old, no shaft play whatsoevr excellent condition with franks awesome turbo manifold and downpipe, oil feed and return flange plus mr2 intercooler (has cost me over £350 to get this) yours for only £250

Super s bumpers £20

Bonnet with bonnet pins £10

Half Smoothed boot £10

Red harnesses the pair £25

Auto gauge rev counter (cost £40 halfords) mint condition £25

1.0 light weight flywheel ( make an N/A screamer and rev like bike!!)£50

POSTAGE not included

Bits NOT for sale before you ask :)

Panhard rod
Suspension
Wheels
Seat and rail
Steering wheel and boss
Dashboard and led from clock
Stereo and speakers
Induction kit and filter
Lights and grill
Cat back
Decat
Black a pillars

However every thing else is free, gearbox drive shafts, doors wings any other bits come and get them, car or shell should I say will be squished

Unfortunately there's no way out of this one it's got to go :(

Pics in my blog

OP
OP
martinb

martinb

Ex. Club Member
Due to recent events at home I will no longer be keeping the car or completing the turbo conversion

I am keeping some bits but selling others as I will hope to return with a "ready to go" Micra

So with regret this us part list

Jdm cg13de auto 36,000 genuine miles £150

Turbo technics turbo 12 months old, no shaft play whatsoevr excellent condition with franks awesome turbo manifold and downpipe, oil feed and return flange plus mr2 intercooler (has cost me over £350 to get this) yours for only £250

Super s bumpers £20

Bonnet with bonnet pins £10

Half Smoothed boot £10

Red harnesses the pair £25

Auto gauge rev counter (cost £40 halfords) mint condition £25

1.0 light weight flywheel ( make an N/A screamer and rev like bike!!)£50

POSTAGE not included

Bits NOT for sale before you ask :)

Panhard rod
Suspension
Wheels
Seat and rail
Steering wheel and boss
Dashboard and led from clock
Stereo and speakers
Induction kit and filter
Lights and grill
Cat back
Decat
Black a pillars

However every thing else is free, gearbox drive shafts, doors wings any other bits come and get them, car or shell should I say will be squished

Unfortunately there's no way out of this one it's got to go :(

Pics in my blog

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Awwww man! :down: dunno what i would rather, my gf or my car? lol well take care mate hope all works out.

OP
OP
martinb

martinb

Ex. Club Member
I'll be back soon, I need to start fresh

Just be n/a though, I need to start taking my life more seriously and not worry So much about cars :)

unlucky mart hope all is well soon would of been nice to see it finished, but family always comes first.... plus theres always a N/A screamer if you get the opportunity in the future

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
As Ive said in the other thread, good luck to the future Marty (Y)

I love cars especially working on them but no matter what the misses and my family would also come first.

OP
OP
martinb

martinb

Ex. Club Member
Once the dust has settled I'll get another one I promise

One that I can bolt my bits on and go

Less car time more family

Thankyou for all the kind words

Will definitely not be buying any other car except a Micra :)

Definitely not a seat Ibiza (sorry Sr Steve :))

Once money's there and the right one comes along in good condition I'll be on it like a rash

Just been out stripped off turbo kit, decat,exhaust
Lights grill and bumpers

Got to remove dash seat and steering wheel next

Anyone wanna guess the weight of a 1.0l with no petrol and minus engine exhaust etc and no interior?

Annoying thing is that I don't have any spare wheels or suspension so can't take them off or car won't get up on back of lorry

Sleeperss can you help me please buddy

You can weigh it in for scrap and keep the money mate

I feel so bad, I just spent the last 30 minutes reading this. Thinking, wow, this guy used to own the Micra I STILL have and love now, it's looking similar to mine, and he's about to do what I've always wanted to do to mine, turbo it.

Then boom, the story ends, I am GUTTED albeit a great read, and a great story Martin!

Some of the comments were spot on, because I sold the micra and bought a turbo civic, but sold the civic and managed to get my micra back! I love fast cars, and I've got no idea what I'll go to next.

Luke.

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
i have some stock suspension kicking about marty but im guessing Sleeper will be able to get some to you quicker..

sleeper_ss

Ex. Club Member
Sorry to hear about trhe car but if needs must...
You can leave the suspension on & whip it off on the back of the truck or it can be dragged on stripped no problem so long as we can get it out of the garage.Gimme a shout when you're ready I'll come round last thing & we'll deal with it.
Oh & keep the turbo set up you know you're going to want it in the future!

OP
OP
martinb

martinb

Ex. Club Member
Cheers guys, I've found some spare dampers so can put that on the back for now, need some wheels though :)

I'll get what I can of then go from there mate, maybe just keep rear wheels on and put a skateboard under the front cross member to drag car out off garage

I'll let you know when I'm ready dude :)cheers