OP
OP
martinb

martinb

Ex. Club Member
Thanks guys ;)

Do they really fall off?? Il have to cable tie it on,

Was worries about puddles too but I think she we only be a summer car at the mo

Also swapped headlights back over to stock, much better, I guess the days of tinted headlights are far behind me know, I'm getting too old for em!

Still haven't got my funking oil return sill so gonna temporary seal it to test car tommorrow

solarice

Ex. Club Member
Im not sure if it was moisture or the stiff suspension, but the adhesive they used on manufacture couldnt hack it lol. Ive just left it off, its domed with rubber anyway (so its sealed) and is only used to make it look nice.

More adhesive would work, but bah. Ive driven it in torrential rain and its fine, just not big puddles lol...though my alternator would go under before the filter :D

You can only really see the filter on mine if you're lying right on the floor, and for anyone to be that low chances are they'd have been ran over, so doubt they'd be to critical about it :laugh:

ferritboy

Ex. Club Member
Come and get it then, its on ebay but having no luck so say 100000000 monopoly notes no less. You need to spay it etc so good luck to you. You know where it is. You need the number plate for measurements but save it for me i want that back mmmk.

OP
OP
martinb

martinb

Ex. Club Member
have had the whole turbo off again tonight as didnt line it up properly to the compressor housing. it had thrown my oil return at the wrong angle and i couldnt connect it grr

still after much patience it was all adjusted , everythin put back on with the oil return gasket and all ready to test

just need some juice in the tank and a jump start

wont have a chance now to test till thursday so will have something then

moneys mega cack at the mo with them cutting hours so cant do anthing!! hopefully should be sorted soon

peace out home boys(Y)

davey1991

If its not scrubbing, its not low enough.
I want the coilovers and panhard badly but i have a car to sell before i can afford them, unless you want a seat marbella for anything.

OP
OP
martinb

martinb

Ex. Club Member
Started her today after the rebuilt turbo was playing up

Not good :(

[video=youtube;8wJWwo68Bqg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wJWwo68Bqg[/video]

OP
OP
martinb

martinb

Ex. Club Member
maybe its running on 3 cylinders thats why your selling it...

maybe out of line but had to be said

Will you never cease to amaze me

If you still want to carry this on, use pm

I'm not getting anymore infractions and getting banned

If you still think I sold you a bad engine intentionally then thats up to you, think or do what you want, you know where i am

But please remove yourself from my blog and don't post your thoughts or sly comments on my stuff

I will return the favour

Regards

Martin have you thought about just going back to na with all the turbo problems you're having?

Could use the same setup as frank

OP
OP
martinb

martinb

Ex. Club Member
Hi Karl, gone to far to go back plus I got no na bits left,

Still don't know what I'm doing with this car/parts

I drove it today and it's marmite, I love it but hate what's left to do :(

Also once you feel a turbo Micra you will never want to go back to 1.3 na

Drove a r33gts t at weekend with 505whp, warp speed, had me having schlit fits ;) want the engine, pretty much everything changed and mainly all Hks stuff, fully forged! cost a fortune to build!!

Can't say I've been in a turbo micra yet maybe one day

I know how you feel with a more powerful car, having been in plenty but the micra has a special place in my heart and it won't bloody leave. The problem with them is noone expects them to be as good as they are.

How about leaving the car for a little while clear your head and think about what you want to do, I haven't used mine for a few weeks now and I miss it.

Having said that once I can afford to I'll be getting my dream car, nowt special just a Capri :grinning:

OP
OP
martinb

martinb

Ex. Club Member
Big thanks to ferrit boy, aka Jay on here for the boot

I'll have it sanded and sprayed in no time ;)

d4b7800c-0a27-93b9.jpg

OP
OP
martinb

martinb

Ex. Club Member
It won't sell mate as is, it's a heap

Picking up a t2 later , gonna fix it up a bit then eBay the lot in mint condition :)

solarice

Ex. Club Member
I know how disheartening it can get, when it never seems to go your way...nearly had enough a few times building mine. I even left it for over a few weeks without looking at it, that actually helped alot.

Will you never cease to amaze me

If you still want to carry this on, use pm

I'm not getting anymore infractions and getting banned

If you still think I sold you a bad engine intentionally then thats up to you, think or do what you want, you know where i am

But please remove yourself from my blog and don't post your thoughts or sly comments on my stuff

I will return the favour

Regards

I believe you done it already haha

looks awesome like that! why not do as others have suggested leve it in your garage a few weeks forget about it... come back to it and see how you feel..

and after then if your not happy sell it or something

OP
OP
martinb

martinb

Ex. Club Member
I know how disheartening it can get, when it never seems to go your way...nearly had enough a few times building mine. I even left it for over a few weeks without looking at it, that actually helped alot.

Couldnt have worded it better mate, I can't buy anything for it so can't do anything :( I guess if the replacement t2 works I may think twice

I'm still not sure

OP
OP
martinb

martinb

Ex. Club Member
To be honest when I bought the car it took me an hour to start!! After trying everything and cranking it for ages and ages it pure White smoke came pouring out, same as now

It had 1 1/2 litres of oil and no service history, it was a heap

It's not the end of the world, just another problem to add to the list

I aint giving up just yet

Have to say, sounds apbsolutely fantastic even if it is pouring its engine out like that!
Still looking the bomb too! ;)

Engines seeming quite chuggy, mine almost does the same but without the smoke o_O, let me know if you find out what the problem is!

Oh and keep up the excellent work maytey! :)

OP
OP
martinb

martinb

Ex. Club Member
Almost there just got to Lump over crossmember, everything undone

Taken me 1hr 15, (having to cook kids dinner in between, half hour short of franks time thou :(

It's sad but I know what size every bolt is without looking!

Cheers mr migs, the cat back will be for sale soon

To restrictive and want it louder, a flame spitting hooligan Exhuast :eek:

OP
OP
martinb

martinb

Ex. Club Member
What an absolute barsteward that was, the metal gasket between the gearbox and engine was different to any other I've seen

The driveshaft went through it and prevented me pulling the engine out, the block was loose but this was holding it on

After many swear words and gearbox oil, both gearbox and block are out on the floor

Should be collecting other one tomorrow

Phew