• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Martboy21s new Black Super s

Was thinking if your head has gone, at least you've got the 1.0 for spares

It might be worth taking the head off and if it's fine at least you've ruled it out before spending money on a new engine

to be honest guys im at my limit,

im a suspension, bolt on and off part stuff guy

i understand some stuff but the inside of engines is a bit like trying to read backwards

i can do it just its a little difficult, i am gas man and can fix pipes lol

wish i never sold that mint one to will now :(

anyone wanna come look at it for tea biscuits and cake would be loved forever!! you can be my valentine in a non gay way :)

im doing wills engine saturday so will be outside all day, annoying how i can change engines but cant dianose them

anybody help a fellow member out somehow? pleeeeeaaaassseee:p

going halfords tomorrow to get a compression tester, that should solve this problem or at least give us some indication

if it comes back fine i have no idea whats next but if its the gasket ill make a start on stripping it down,!!

what a funking set back aye :(

mate when i come on saturday ill have a look i do have some knowledge of the intenals of an engine and the symptoms whats im looking for etc....

your making me feel guilty for buying that engine off you now lol

mate when i come on saturday ill have a look i do have some knowledge of the intenals of an engine and the symptoms whats im looking for etc....

your making me feel guilty for buying that engine off you now lol

Nah its cool mate had to sell it to buy the car, I'll fix this one just have no money to do it at mo

Think noddies coming anyway to have alook whilst I crack on with yours ;)

Might have to sell some bits this month though as broke again :(

Nothing yet, doing a compression test later , if it fails I'll be going to see Frank with both engines (1.3 and 1.0) and get him to make him same as his

Will be selling turbo kit as have no money cos of hours so won't be able to finish this conversion :(

Nothing yet, doing a compression test later , if it fails I'll be going to see Frank with both engines (1.3 and 1.0) and get him to make him same as his

Will be selling turbo kit as have no money cos of hours so won't be able to finish this conversion :(

aw man thats a shame.... well then if we get stuck if eds there for a while on sat he can give us an extra hand maybe :wasntme: but i dont think you should sell it up yet or just do a like n/a screamer with that engine and ill help you get it fixed....

Whatevers most cost effective, I'm at the brink of selling everything I own as my wages are 5-600 short now every month so will be very difficult to do anything at all, if i sell the turbo and IF there's enough for Frank to do his stuff I'll just go to a high comp 1.3

Taking everything of tonight and having a clear/sell up :(

So your ruling out the injectors? When it was my car it was running great, topped it up with petrol and it was undriveable. I sooked the petrol out, put in new stuff it run better but sounded asif it was missing and it was the single injector (sounded like a subaru) i honestly think you should just try it. Wether you swap the injector of just pull off the fuel rail to double check all are spraying

Yeah that's so true life of a legend!! This ones not going so easily, not just yet

I have just got this from halfords so will report after dinner
aeba39ac.jpg

Stani with ht lead 1 and 2 disconnected and all injectors connected the engine still runs so I figured if they were stuffed it wouldn't run??

Cheers all

That's excellent news Martin (Y). Could you not find a set of injectors at the scrappy to try?

swapped all injectors,remaining two spark plugs and all ht leads, almost broke a finger removing 1st injector!!

after all was swapped i used to mrs car to jump it, after about 10 goes there shows signs of life!!

it starts and idles fine, please i thought for fluck sake work

let it idle for 5 whilst clearing garage up

jumped in and blipped the throttle

oh yes, shes sounding like a true micra :laugh:

pulled away and shes back to normal!!

then i floored it.....

OH MY GOD!!!

did some one say TUUUURRRBBBOOO!!:p

frigging hell it s quick! it spins in 3RD!!!

god knows what it will be like mapped ha ha!!

very very happy, so happy in fact that i dont care ive got no money, dont care the barstewards av cut my hours

this is AWESOME!!

It actually scared me at one point, the clutch is slipping like fluck but when it grips it torque steers all over the place!!

YES, YES, YES, YES!!lol

stani i love you ha ha

oh and a video

battery ran out half way through and missed the launch, still its bloody fun

[video=youtube;5T04uDTXgjw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T04uDTXgjw[/video]

you put the turbo kit off and on so many times I wasnt sure what was going on:p ! Im glad its fixed anyway, it sounded poorly at the Brighton meet.

So i was right then :wasntme: glad its running good now, get a video of the speedo climbing. Better not melt a piston tho :laugh:

cheers guys, and think you were right stani, the injectors of my 1.0 looked normal but the ones from the 1.3 are bronzed/ gunked up, also my 4th original ht lead is sparking out the side of the rubber which could have been another causing factor

i have no idea what psi its at as moved actuator ages ago for some reason, need to plumb in boost guage,

can see why you loved it so much stani!!(Y)

however just looked at eds prices :eek:

i know he does a fantastic job but its near on 500 to get fitted and mapped so it may be a problem!

will get a proper vid saturaday but dont wana take the #### and kill the engine:laugh:

oh and clutch schit it self

BUT and a big BUT is that its getting somehwere ... slow progress but shes working

flooring it from 2nd to third creates so much torque steer and wheelspin i fear im gonna hit parked cars!!

just need sykos intercooler and a clutch and injectors

cheers i wanna play again lol

dont go crazy i blew my engine when i first got my hand on a turbo micra

ill fit boost guage and set it low lo, cars still miles of being finished and is merely a garage queen, once all is fitted it will be trailered / A framed to be mapped:p

just re watched my vid, its hard to tell but everytime i floor it she spins i have to let off, would be frigging lethal at 1bar +!

i got same problem as u man. wat injectors u using now.

i need to install sr20de fuel rail and injectors then am set. so u know what kinda mod is required to fit them by any chance.

well done mate and if im paying you, you need to concentrate on sat and i think i should be let to sit in the passenger seat!

well done mate it sounds much healthier in the video and i bet it goes like s**t off a stick

You sure it spun the wheels in third? Unless its wet. I could never get mines to spin much in 2nd on a dry road it just gripped and took off. Could be the clutch slipping as in my early days of turbo micras with standard clutch i thought it was spinning in 4th but realised it was the clutch Haha

Oh and i little birdy tells me my old setup will be up running and mapped soon. That i cannot ####ing wait for

dont forget stani i have stretched 165s lol and its wet and there only 13s

but you can floor it and it spins the wheels you can hear/feel it but in the dry it will probably just chirp in 2nd

looking forward to seeing your old setup too, any leads on who has it yet? someones keeping quiet i know that:laugh:

waz4life it stock engine,stock injectors etc, i will be getting sr20det when i get the dough just needs the fuel rail modified

eire will write spec list soon of too bed, tis only a budget build though, looking to get quite expensive though:doh:

ill stick up some photos on saturday of wills car and mine and all the works commencing

night peoples (Y)(Y)

One word - 'MAP' ;)

Stock K11 ecu's cannot handle boost properly even at a low setting, they can barely handle bolt on modifications. Last thing we want to see is your K11 engine retired to engine heaven, stripped and then sold....you've got the makings of a cracking little motor there :) Do what almost all people on here don't do and get it properly setup, you wont regret it.

Ed's prices are cheap to be brutally honest and once it's setup and mapped properly you'll be wondering why you even questioned the price in the first place. He's done plenty of these now and knows the field extremely well. He's been tuning my cars for years and I will simply not use anyone else, plus Charlie at Surrey RR is 40m away ;)

I can't see a problem with running at very low boost (3psi) while you save up, as long as you don't push it very hard, just while you save up!:D But as lowrider says to get anything like the potential of the turbo you will need a map.

Low rider that was purely to test the car it's not staying like that mate

Few more bits before she gets driven and mapped

Just wanted to make sure all was ok

This will be mapped by fusion before driving

I can't see a problem with running at very low boost (3psi) while you save up, as long as you don't push it very hard, just while you save up!:D But as lowrider says to get anything like the potential of the turbo you will need a map.

+1, but fat chance of martin keeping it below 3psi lol :p well done tho mate (Y)

Ha ha cheeky boy Frank!:)

Would absolutely love to wack it on 2 bar and have it safe, that would be insane!!
There's a vid going round of an s13 running 4 bar!! Breaks 3 gearboxes in succession!!

Right is there a clutch, whether it be oem parts or cheaper that could handle a turbo

I know there's been some insight into by Karlj I think but wondered if there had been a final choice?

If there is a 200mm clutch available for the Micra from Matt I think is there any chance of a bigger Nissan working, obviously with mods?

you,ll have to go for a GA flywheel martin if you want more than 180mm (or have a 1.3 one re-dri££ed for a bigger pressure plate )

you,ll have to go for a GA flywheel martin if you want more than 180mm (or have a 1.3 one re-dri££ed for a bigger pressure plate )

Franks if the GA flywheel and clutch is used, didnt you mention that the spline from the G-box wont fit even though the rest bolts up...so only way round is with a 1.6 box and custom driveshafts?

correct me if im wrong :wasntme:

baguete,s firdanza (sp ?) GA f/w had the same 6 bolt crank fitting and same dish depth and the friction plate had the same inner spline, but matt (mph) is probably the best one to ask eh

baguete,s firdanza (sp ?) GA f/w had the same 6 bolt crank fitting and same dish depth and the friction plate had the same inner spline, but matt (mph) is probably the best one to ask eh

hmm il guess il have to msg baguete as you may know i'm also looking for a clutch upgrade from the helix 180mm...I've spoken with matt already and I dont think he knows about the variants

Back