• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Mark's 1.0L

Looking good mark, that backbox any louder? :)

Say seeing as your a wheel guru :p

BMW MiM wheels 4x100, can you think of anything that looks like em as they're impossible to find :p

Annoyingly quiet McMicra.

They're pretty unique the multi spoke ones, though a search for alpina might yield something similar once you have waded through the modern stuff.

Last edited:
Went to Simply Japanese at Beaulieu today. I only spotted one other Micra there, but it was in outstanding company.

The other one,

And a snap from the way back home through the forest.

10644611_10152848896100921_4623785334171564481_o.jpg

10633487_10152848895970921_5426943080758293294_o.jpg

Was good to see this at RRG14, Mark. Drew a small croud of people taking photos, I had to wait before I could inspect your wheels. :)Shame there wasn't more K11's there.

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

This is THE best looking micra on here! I'm not too keen on the mirrors but hey, looks great nevertheless. Great build!

Looking good. One thing I love about this build is that it's unique. Do u get enough light out tho?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None at all, but they are just vac formed caps that fit over the lenses, so can be removed in seconds. Vacuum formed over another pair of lenses I have so they are a perfect fit.

Trim rings back on for a bit. It appears to be getting on for springtime!

Got these too, in need of some tlc, but hopefully will get them on at some point for a little more drop.

Last edited:
Yesterday was a new wheel day. I've swapped the Weller/trim rings and mesh inserts for a set of 13x8 Revoloutions. I wasn't quite sure what I was getting, So I spent the afternoon stretching the arches for -7 13x7's, but as it turns out there's loads of clearence from the lower offset and bigger stretch. I'm probably going to have to use some thin spacers! I' ve also got round to getting some coilovers on the front, so that is now a bit lower than it was, rear will loose another half a coil or so at some point, unless the coilover fairy wants to leave a set of rears under my pillow!

I've come up with a sort of solution to what I'm going to do about the fake split rim fixings on my wheels. I didn't want to just glue them in, because I want to be able to take them out to polish the lips. I tried helicoil inserts, but they were a little too big to interference fit, and there is nothing like enough depth to tap the holes. It turned out that an m4 nut was a great force fit in the hole, but I didn't want to use m4 fittings because they are a bit small. The solution I came up with was drilling the nuts to 5mm and cutting an m6 thread to make threaded inserts. These have been bashed into the holes in the wheel and now have cut down stainless socket head bolts in them. The beauty of this is, if I decide to make a disk of aluminium with some holes round the outside and five in the middle, I can and can use the fact split rim hardware to hold it on.

11665543_10153592848070921_8141483697677779836_n.jpg

11055399_10153592848075921_5562351757423846243_n.jpg

The gutted twin exit back box fell to bits a few weeks ago, so I have been running a brand new stock box. This got some attention last night, I recreated the previous twin exit mod, but this time I wont be gutting it, this box will remain the sensible daily exhaust, and I make a thougherly obnoxious strait through thing for shows and when I'm feeling antisocial.

Top work as per usual
I can imagine a straight pipe doesn't really work for a daily driver!!

I've dailied before with an open tailpipe, it's noisy, but not too bad in the cabin - less pleasant in the surrounding are around the car though! But it's not MOT able like it and it's coming up soon.

Back