OP
markbognor

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
For comparison.....

DSCF2869.jpg

DSCF7005.jpg

I'd really like to try a slots and Super-S bumpers combo, with the centres of the slots gold.

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
The older version looks a bit more ghetto and hard, the new one looks cleaner and tidier. I like them both.

But above all your exhausts are kickin' rad

I have a pair of slots don't think they're any good though, if you want Mark you can have them I'll bring them to RRG for you

Summers a coming, i think if we all get out get some awesome snaps this year we could make one up for 2014?

Give a little discription of the car itself under the photo

Be a great way to get some good photos as only 12 could be picked + Ade would finally stop whinging about the lack of snaps :)

Sorry for hijacking/spamming a bit Mark

Ill make a new thread later :)

OP
OP
markbognor

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
How hard was that to make? I wanna do a twin pipe like the old fairlady z used to have...

Build pics for the exhaust are on the previous page. It was just a case of cutting a few angles and snotting it together, I'm no master fabricator by any means! I was really torn between doing an over under or side by side. Taking some inspiration from the S30 racers would be cool.

toughguy-boso-ride-nissan-fairlady-z-s30-2-pic3.jpg

martinb

Ex. Club Member
Hi mate, long time no speak

Have sold the mx5 now, and thought id come and see how your getting on? Wow looking awesome mate!!

Loving the wellers mark

Unfortunately seeing your car has made me want one lol

Do you have any specs on this? Cant find anything anywhere?

Cheers
paddington.jpg

OP
OP
markbognor

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Hi Mart! you coming back to the fold?

^That one is a long time project over on Cisco's. I'll dive over there and see if I can find a link.

OP
OP
markbognor

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Hi mate, long time no speak

Have sold the mx5 now, and thought id come and see how your getting on? Wow looking awesome mate!!

Loving the wellers mark

Unfortunately seeing your car has made me want one lol

Do you have any specs on this? Cant find anything anywhere?

Cheers

I can't find it's thread on Cisco's, but there's loads of posts about it on this blog: http://noisyninja.wordpress.com/tag/k11/

martinb

Ex. Club Member
Hi Mart! you coming back to the fold?

^That one is a long time project over on Cisco's. I'll dive over there and see if I can find a link.

Its very tempting but not at the minute, have found the info after searching all day lol

They are 13x6 et 24 ssr formula mesh with 185/60/13

Full of win!!

Car looks epic next to stock k11!!

Build pics for the exhaust are on the previous page. It was just a case of cutting a few angles and snotting it together, I'm no master fabricator by any means! I was really torn between doing an over under or side by side. Taking some inspiration from the S30 racers would be cool.

toughguy-boso-ride-nissan-fairlady-z-s30-2-pic3.jpg

I'd fancy something like the red and white one has, just bigger bore as im running a peter lloyd exhaust atm so want it to match, then maybe flare then ends a tad :p
That first one is mental though!!!

OP
OP
markbognor

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
I'm loving the trim rings. But they do need the exposed lip between the trim ring and tyre painting black. I'm still torn between freshening them in white or black though.

Really wish I'd been able to go :( ...I missed out on such beauty! <_<
...although I can still drool over the gorgeous 70's Datsun's you've got in your Photobucket ^_^
This one...is particularly stunning...I think in the flesh I would have turned to jelly LOL

I think people are starting to realise that our little Micra's are simply made of awesome! ;)

Jay101

Black&Yellow
Just out of curiosity, can you take passengers in the back?. I'm tempted to go lower on the rear but will just bash my tyres on every dent in the roads.

OP
OP
markbognor

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
I can't recall taking any full size people in the back for a while, but on Sat I had about 200 LP's on the back seat, my daughter (3) in her car seat and a boot full of a weeks shopping, without any rubbing. I have some extra bump stops in the rear, so my suspension travel is about the distance that will allow the tyre to just tuck up into the arch. My rear wheels are also quite a bit narrower than yours!

OP
OP
markbognor

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
My main problem is that I don't really like the wellers, so black would hide the detail of the v shaped cut outs, with the stainless trim ring being the focus.

And I rather like this....

8416781284_481a1a1b22_b.jpg

and particularly this....

8041040729_cbe9dae729_o.jpg

8041041183_db412998aa_o.jpg

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Jay101 said:
Just out of curiosity, can you take passengers in the back?. I'm tempted to go lower on the rear but will just bash my tyres on every dent in the roads.

S'all good. I get chunks ripped out of mine all the time. Have a groove where I was catches

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
Liking these plans, Mark. The white is cool but black would definitely look better alongside the chrome.