• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Mark's 1.0L

Not really hoopdub, I made one quite presentable set out of the two, the remaining four were quite scuffed and battered - to the point that you wouldn't want them anyway so they'll be staying as my spares. The set I bought (before I got another set free with the L) only cost about £10 on the bay, and I'm pretty sure I spotted a set at a simmilar price while browsing over the weekend.

Do you still have those small center caps? Put them on.
And you should make "Super L" sticker for the boot...:D

that's an absolutley amazing idea! I might do that with mine as mine is an L and should be getting super S bumpers on mine when I find a front one.

Mark, mark mark. Do not be so down about the car man, tbh I think the bumpers make up for the lack of wheels. I think if you wanna get that look kind of with those I'd sand down the lips to the metal, and put un-sprayed centre caps back on. However, your car is really sweet man :) :) :) :)

My gun gum has gone solid. Which is an arse because the car is up on axle stands without a back box.

The shonkey straight through box I made a while back has finally rusted out internally and has be making an awful rattling for a couple of weeks. Today I finally got round to getting the near new box off of the old LX to swap it on. Both boxes came off without argument - copper slip is the business - then the re-fitting ground to a halt at 8:30pm.

Never mind I'll have it sorted tomorrow.

I've also been playing with a stripe idea I've had for a while.

DSCF1041-1.jpg

DSCF1042-1.jpg

It's only black electrical tape at the mo, just to try out how it would look. When I draw up a plot path for them propperly I'll put some text in to sit at the front of the door. I'm currently torn between MICRA and C.G.10. I think the latter is going to get it.

fair play, i like that!! maby a little higher and continue with a skinny black stripe in the little recess in the bumpers :D have you thought of GT1.0RS in the porsche font hehe

Except the front grill I like big time the photoshop of euro!
/still trying desperatly to sell my Nismo strips if you're interested Mark...

Seb_ said:
Except the front grill I like big time the photoshop of euro!
/still trying desperatly to sell my Nismo strips if you're interested Mark...

Is it the complete set Seb (bonnet and sides or just sides)

Matt that is Fab! It has to have the A3A's to pull it off though!

I'd shy away from doing anything with the lettering that didn't reflect the actual/a possible spec.

I think with black along the lower quarter it would have to have the 16 Valve DOHC in the style of an R31 though.

1210612154.jpg

The RS-Turbo could read Super-S.

I cant get out of my head that I want to paint those MO5's gold ;)

Lame post alert!

Last week during the drought, I hit a large puddle and lost my front number plate, it snapped off the corners and tore away the tape. (I had neglected to remember that I was substantially closer to the bottom of the puddle than the other cars driving through - the bow wave came over the bonnet!)

DSCF1329.jpg

Charles Wright font downloaded and printed for temporary plate, while package is waited for.

DSCF1331.jpg

DSCF1330.jpg

New pressed plates arrived. :)

What you need is super s bumper with the paint stripped off, so at a glance they look like base spec, but are deeper with spots- that'd get a few double takes and confused comments.

What you need is super s bumper with the paint stripped off, so at a glance they look like base spec, but are deeper with spots- that'd get a few double takes and confused comments.

i had this idea... but still reckon they would look better colour coded. wouldnt be much diffreance over my black base model ones lol

I wrecked a barrel trying to separate the inner on one, and don't really like the reversed one never mind the stockers. I'm rolling with satin black factory trims at the mo to hide that I have mismatched wheels (1xreversed and 3x stock). I have no time for doing things and no money for buying them. And last weekend I stood in a field with a brace of cool micras with excellent wheels and great ride heights.

It's welding at a whole different level to start with. I'd want to build a roller to make the bands, a job that I have no time to do, I'd also prefer to be able part off the barrels on a lathe, but I don't have access to one with a large enough turning diameter. I'ts possible to split the rims other ways, but much easier to balls it up and loos accuracy.

I have been considering making a pair or set using two wheels each (rear of the barrel + the drop) welded to (front of another barrel + the drop) to give an inch/inch and a half of extra width.

I know off a few people making them down this way but not sure about the North East, though postage is always possible. Get on RR and hunt out JamesP or Dez (stringer Fabrication). It might also be worth a general question about who could make them up your way. A visit to the local oval track will probably get you a contact for whoever makes them for the stock cars/hot rods too.

Boo! MOT fail today. But not the rusty sills that I was expecting - that's their third year of advisories now so next year is likely to be "Goodnight Vienna".

OSF coil unseats on drop - tester doesn't like that, but its easily remedied by replacing the wire holding it in.

NSF Ball joint excessive play + Dust cover perished/split
NSF Suspension arm bush perished and bracket bent (it would appear that there has been some floorpan/ground interface at some point).

NSR Tyre below legal limit (Ooops) - checked yesterday but my fitter couldn't get one in a such short notice.

So all in not so bad. E-bay suspension arm ordered and the bracket will either get straightened out or swapped with one from the tourquoise car.

Back