• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Mark's 1.0L

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
To keep me mobile while the future of the LX is still considered I've bought an L. Resplendent in brightish red, its very nearly as base as you can get - intermittent wipers - No, trip meter - No, digital clock in tep gauge - No, sunroof and popouts - obviously No. It's really rather fabulous in its bare unequipped state. Confusingly it does have the rear wash wipe - which is a shame as I will have to stick a rubber grommet in the hole when I remove it.

DSCF2653.jpg

Bodily its not perfect, there's dink in the N/S c pillar and hatch that will need a little filling and painting and it will probably need outer sills next MOT in august. The front crossmember is solid as a rock though. Its taxed until July and as mentioned has MOT untill August. Its been in the same family since new - parents then daughter using it and has a megre 51 thousand miles. I'm pleased.

It'll look the business when cleaned up, dropped over wide slots, de stickered and bump stripped.

OP
OP
markbognor

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Cheers gents,
It was a quite worrying drive back with the wobbly suspesion and skinny tyres. Not to mention the altitude sickness :p

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Not to mention the altitude sickness :p

:D

Good that you get another K11! Reminds me mine when I bought it and discovered that there were ZERO options. Do you have a cig lighter socket or a plug with an empty hole in it? 10 inches gear stick without gaiter?
That's the marks of the real K11 warriors.
Cheers
Seb

martinb

Ex. Club Member
excellent news mate, swap all the parts matey, it will look awesome :)

shame about your other one but look forward to this one!!

best of luck:p

plus one on what martin said cut your losses and tidy this up and swap it all over matey

looking like mine before i got busy!

B

blobbletec

looks a good base to start from.. i have a couple of spare lhd spec nsr lights, you can have one if you cover the postage, think of it as a swap for the mudflap..! (Y)

silento

Ex. Club Member
Thats almost as identical as mine used to be when I first got it, with the exception of the paint colour. I'm looking forward to seeing what you will do with this one.

OP
OP
markbognor

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
So I remember what I started with....

DSCF2699.jpg

Bad Bits....

NS C pillar 0 Skip 1

DSCF2655.jpg

OS rear arch

DSCF2657.jpg

Theres a few more too that I'me noticing as I get more time to look at it. I'm sure I'll get really depressed the first time I wash it and see its blemishes laid bare.

Other bits....

Annoying immobiliser, I think it might get perminately connected and tucked behind the dash.....

DSCF2654.jpg

It seems to have originated at a dealer well know around these parts....

DSCF2656.jpg

First mod happened this morning, I had to make one for another member so did two at the same time....

DSCF2700.jpg

Now I just need some non rainy daylight time for swapping bit over.

solarice

Ex. Club Member
A devise duck tail spoiler would hide all the bootlid issues...its pricey at the moment though at £360 odd quid (new) + shipping. Which is a shame really.

k1112.jpg

Excellent excuse to knock something up though.

Good base car, super light weight from the start :D

OP
OP
markbognor

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
I flipping love that duck tail. I'm really thinking about weather or not I can knock up something like that.

My new wheels are in a barn north of Brighton. Hopefully they will be with me a week weds, then its tyres and on. So thats my aim for getting this car to where I was, a week Saturday. So springs swapped wheels painted, as well as all of the other bits, bung in the wiper hole, wing mirrors fitted and bumpstrips in the bin.

solarice

Ex. Club Member
Sounds good :)

Tried to find you a better pic of the spoiler, but so far cant find one (its not even in hyper revs)...im sure one exists though. Its not that hard a shape apart from the little swoop, so should be doable.

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
kanagawa05-128.jpg

kanagawa05-127.jpg

These have been posted on here a while a go. Hope it helps

Attachments

• kanagawa05-128.jpg
    kanagawa05-128.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,065
  • kanagawa05-127.jpg
    kanagawa05-127.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 839
OP
OP
markbognor

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
I have lows. Not enough but as much as the LX - obviously really, they are the springs from the LX on it. I've Frankspeed'd the rear shocks rather than using straps this time. Also I have sortened the rear load brake bias adjuster so that it is set at normal with the low suspension. I have 7x13's all round.

None of which you are seeing just yet :p

OP
OP
markbognor

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Rebuilding your car into a narrow body would be all kinds of epic. I recon that with some camber and 165/55's you could get the -20 7"s under a stock(ish) rear arch, will they fit says that the outer lip would be in about the same place as my 8"s.

solarice

Ex. Club Member
Yeah a little work and they'd probably get there (actually removing the spacer on the rear would probs bring them nearly inline)...as much as i'd love to do it. I havent got space for two micras so the super s would have to go to make way (we all know what that means lol) and do i really wanna start a new micra project. Always figured next project would be something rwd.

euro_micra

Matt :)
Mark, have you thought about replacing the front seats with a rear bench, and moving the handbrake to a dashmounted pull-to-operate style one?.. I think it would simply make it perfect.

Anyway cars looking awsome as it is, perfect example of keeping it simple(Y)

OP
OP
markbognor

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
I'd love to replace the front seats, but if I do it will be with 60's style low back buckets, with the rear seat trimmed to match.

I've pretty much decided not to just make this a copy of the LX, and to that end, its not getting the fender mirrors. I have some ideas for doing something non factory with the mirrors but they might even just stay as they are.

A couple more pics from in the daylight today.

DSCF2856.jpg

DSCF2857.jpg

DSCF2855.jpg

DSCF2859.jpg

DSCF2858.jpg

martinb

Ex. Club Member
Makes me think if I hadn't Fubared my old 1l it would look same as that!!

Simple is so much more mark

Looking perfect my old mate

Photoshop your wheels all alloy with slight polish not mirrored, I wanna see :)

OP
OP
markbognor

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
It the same springs from my old car davey, so 60mm ish, plus the rubber drop from the smaller tyres, which is just under 20mm.

I think it could look pretty good with the wheels all polished Martin, but the fronts are double drilled so its not going to happen.

Cheers for the comments guys.

It the same springs from my old car davey, so 60mm ish, plus the rubber drop from the smaller tyres, which is just under 20mm.

I think it could look pretty good with the wheels all polished Martin, but the fronts are double drilled so its not going to happen.

Cheers for the comments guys.

for the double drilled wheels can you not make some rubber gromets to put in them just to hide them or tidy them up, its just a thought :D