• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

March turbo

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
You're think of the superturbo :)
There is a march turbo it was only sold in japan iirc. The same engine that is used in figaro's :)
I think that this might not be a March because it has Super S seats, no march rear lights, reverse lights, no jap boot lid and interior is the same as a GL. I'm thinking maybe someone converted it into a march.
On the other hand there is loads of proof saying that this is a super turbo, there must be some import documents for this somewhere. Apparently its only a 1L Micra GL automatic..
You are correct about the old ones having no super charger. They only had a MA10e-t same as the figaro. I got a tad confused there. Its been a very long day.

EDIT: Interior is correct except for the Super S seats. http://nissanmarch.46.forumer.com/superturbo-prototype-engine-t232027.html

OP
OP
jakob
H7 got it bang on :)

I thought that mas, its been wrongly declared on import, I know loads of people with skylines, scoobs and mr2s listed wrong..
The rear lights have been changed at some point I think, everything else is genuine. I wouldn't even know where to start if I was gunna make a replica. The dash its self would be a nightmare to find, never seen a digi dash, not even on the super turbos, along with bumpers and skirts :p

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
Thats what I was thinking mate, if it was a replica I give whoever did it props because wiring it all up would have been a pain! Most likely it is a March just maybe it had the boot/lights replaced at some stage in its life. Sadly we will never know. My mates turbo starlet got imported as a 1.3 (non turbo) auto. Theres normally always mistakes when cars are imported.

It is a shame though that the car has super s seats and no the march ones.

OP
OP
jakob
Yeah, its annoying. Can also guarantee it would be my fault if I got picked up on how its.declared. Had a look at vin plates its got jap writing everywhere , even on my sun visor. Deffo an import. The seats should be gone soon, and replaced with a red set of brides ;)

Hopefully these pics will work, but today I have basically replaced the rear arches. Iv been doing this all day :(

View attachment 23646

View attachment 23647

View attachment 23648

View attachment 23649

1372278397631.jpg

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Boost is how much pressure the intake gas is under before squished, compression ratio is how much squish the engine makes.
In basic terms

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
dont suppose you could get any pics of the bottom of the rear coilies could you? aand are they polo ones?

OP
OP
jakob
Boost is how much pressure the intake gas is under before squished, compression ratio is how much squish the engine makes.
In basic terms

sorry yeah i get all that :p but was frank saying not to get a full stainless ?? :eek:

and sure belly, ill get a snap tomorrow !
these are the actually coilys i got...suggested by pork http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321135543268?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
nice quality and the rides not too bad ! very stiff, how they should be..theyve made my car into a go kart haha

Belly93

to turbo or new lump :/ hmmm
thanks jakob :) its them or my friend with a glanza starlet has just got new coilovers and says i cn have his old ones cheap :)

set of these
bc%20racing%20starlet%20turbo.jpg

OP
OP
jakob
ahh i see, any idea on a rough price for a stainless built and fitted frank ? :)

@belly im not sure if they would fit, they look completely different to polo 6n's (thincker ? ) i could be very wrong though....

OP
OP
jakob
that sounds good, guessing the mani will be abit more though ?
sorry belly havent managed to get a picture yet, only just finished work. Will get one tomorrow for sure !

quick question too, wind deflectors...you guys think they'll look good or a bit gay ?

OP
OP
jakob
Right, just gauging interest, would anyone be interested in this ??? may be up for sale soon, bored of it and starting uni so I reckon ill go for a **** daily till its bike weather next summer ;)

OP
OP
jakob
Im not too sure, not gunna lie...it owes me a lot, given the rarity of it I wouldnt mind trying for 2500... cant find any other examples on the net to relate to price wise haha

OP
OP
jakob
Your right, it would leave a super s thats for sure !
for a 1litre its an animal, made a fool out of some poofter in a clio sport on the backroads the other day ;)

h701micra

Deactivated Account
That's 78 bhp once in the powerband.
This march turbo will carry 75bhp throughout
Bigger numbers dont always mean faster car

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
That's 78 bhp once in the powerband.
This march turbo will carry 75bhp throughout
Bigger numbers dont always mean faster car
Thats true. I got the print out somewhere. Came with my car. Will post a pic. Was very consistent. The car goes great for what it is (1.2). Fastest 1.2 around where I am and keeps up with 1.4 polo gti's easy. Only downside is the standard carbs cant keep up in the high revs so it bogs down at the top of second and third girl which loses me alot of speed. Bike carbs will solve that issue.

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Aye polo engines are torquey though and aren't brilliant for power. (Though a gti is a 1.8 ;))

Standard carb always kept up for me and it was an aggressive setup as @belly93 has now experienced

Bringing it back to the march turbo though.. a 1 litre turbo which can embarrass many things half its age is a very nice weapon to own. Though laws of competition (forced induction = cc x 1.7) means its thrown right into the firing line of ga16 powered cars

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
Aye polo engines are torquey though and aren't brilliant for power. (Though a gti is a 1.8 ;))

Standard carb always kept up for me and it was an aggressive setup as @belly93 has now experienced

Bringing it back to the march turbo though.. a 1 litre turbo which can embarrass many things half its age is a very nice weapon to own. Though laws of competition (forced induction = cc x 1.7) means its thrown right into the firing line of ga16 powered cars
Damn I said polo meant to say lupo mate. I am no a VW man. Haha would make a good match for your K10 then mate ;).

OP
OP
jakob
Still got this, had a lot of time wasters..alot.. ^^^^^

will listen to reasonable offers, jap fest is coming...i have a datsun..and im panicking about the time scale :eek: