March turbo and st question

Ok fellas I have a few questions,the are a group of guy down here that are installing Ma09 and Ma10 turbo engines in their cars.Now I have posted a couple question and been advised accordingly saving me time and money.Many thank to Ed,Baz,Frank,gtnissanb oranje,and all the other person who may have commented on the posts or placed their research on the forum.Anyway the thing is there is a big debate as the which will result in the best performance and highest compression.whether a Ma09 head on a Ma10 non turbo block,a Ma09 head on a Ma10 turbo block.As i was informed in an earlier post there is not much difference between the Ma10 turbo and Ma09 cylinder head. I there any truth to increase compression of the st head on the non turbo block, is it stable and is it necessary to have the vehicle around to properly remapped.
Hope this is not too much reading just want to clear up some misinformation circulating by some guys who claim to know what they doing

Baz

Ex. Club Member
If I was you I'd leave the blocks as they are, st has a lower compression ratio of 7.7:1 but the supercharger makes up for this. Higher the compression and your making it more prone to detonation and they melt pistons easy enough as it is. No point in raising the compression for better off boost response, engine is too small to start with and never really is off boost

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
MA10ET and MA09ERT heads looked the same to me. I didn't measure but I didn't see any obvious differences. - Cams are different however.

MA09 pistons aren't anything special, MA10/MA12 engines have no mounting points for the supercharger.

ALL MA turbo engines melt pistons, that's because 99.9% of the people (especially in the Figaro world) treat them as a normal Micra engine. They need to be subjected to the same checks as I would now do on Evos/GTi-Rs etc to make sure they are running happily.

Regardless as to what you do, you need to get it setup correctly :)

OP
OP
R
Would an engine management system minimise the chance of the piston melting in the MA turbo. properly tuned off course.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
The ST does have engine management. And its capable enough, just very few pay to have it setup right.