March Super Turbo - Information?

Sky Insurance

Official MSC Trader
Far off in the back of my mind I seem to remember a very special edition twincharged (Turbo and supercharged) Micra.

Am I right in thinking these existed? I presume they were JDM only? can anyone shed any light?

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

OP
OP
Sky Insurance

Sky Insurance

Official MSC Trader
very impressive! i have a 170 odd BHP Uno turbo whihc I guess would be similar in performance and tin boxyness... I'm fascinated by the twin charger system... I presume the engine is fiorged to cope with the extra power? Do these come up for sale at all?

ps, apologies if this has been discussed before, i did do a quick search...

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
very impressive! i have a 170 odd BHP Uno turbo whihc I guess would be similar in performance and tin boxyness... I'm fascinated by the twin charger system... I presume the engine is fiorged to cope with the extra power? Do these come up for sale at all?

ps, apologies if this has been discussed before, i did do a quick search...

the internal componets are uprated compared to the standard k10's you see on the road and the gear box is also completely different. however i dont believe any of the engine parts are forged but Ed will know that for sure theres not much about an ST he doesnt know.

many car importers can get hold of these but they are very rare but not impossiabe to get. the challenge is living with one getting parts can be expensive

Kev

Pro Cut Vinyl
Founding Member
Official MSC Trader
That would be my main worry. I wouldn't be interested in importing one, but would certainly be interested if one came up for sale at the right price

Ollie, Ed would sell his for the right price.

or he was open to offers on one of his ST's a while back.

haha don't want a glanza for 4k do you? ;)

Kev

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Not selling at the mo! I have some interesting developments planned for it early next year :)

The engine is not forged. They are reliable upto about 1.2-1.3 bar on stock internals/headgasket, which will see roughly 130-140 ish bhp. Its vital they are setup right however. THEY WILL NOT DO THIS OUT OF THE 'BOX'.

To be honest a standard one is very similar in all aspects of performance to a Saxo VTS/ Punto GT etc. They are not even really that exciting to drive standard, but they are unique, and very technically interesting, which is why I love them.

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
the st is the only car i would get a bank loan for, but shame i dont think i can get insured on one yet tho