March k11 lowering / wheels

Hey lads.. I'm Stephen from ireland :) I'm new on here My preants have a rusty march as a run around :( was my first car... Dont have a march yet.... but Hopefully will have it Wednesday.. black 1999 JMD March :D in black

The picture i have in my head is Black.. lowered on 13" Super lites.. :)

Just wondered on any advice on best way to lower it?

Will it rub arches with the 13" super lites / and ways to stop ot happeding?

Cheers

(I have used the sarch button and have gathered info on it.. I'm just looking my own advice at this stage) :D

hi quinzer (Y) it will depend on what offset and tyres you go for really (there should be some info on martinb,s and mark,s (bognor) blogs)

Cheers frank.. i dont have a clue about offsets / et / etc... haha

I'l hopefully be getting 13" STR Superlites :)

The chap in the wheel shop told me that 15" XXR'S with chrome dish will fit and not rub, there 15x7inch i think.... How would this be? :(

The superlights are probably "Mini Spec", so even if drilled in a genuine 4x100 (4x4" is more likely) they will most likely have a low -7 offset. Somewhere a little higher I feel isbetter at the front, I have +5, requireing little tucking in with camber, the -7's need a fair bit to keep the tread under. If you plan on going very low you'll need to get a roll of the arches, properly, with pipe or gently persuading the arch lip out of the way with a hide mallet are all tried and tested techniques.

Oh, and we need pics - now and as it progresses - as Frank has said, check out martinb's blog to see how a black K11 over Superlights should be built.

Looks tidy, shame about the ripple in the nearside quarter. Which tail lights does it have - there's two sets in the pics?

there is no ripple in the rear side quarter :) the one in the pic with the reg plates is the actual car... the other is just a google pic.. looked at martinb's thread.. it looks savage.. but it doesnt say how he done it

i know a about the coilovers :D but how not to rub the arches? any modification needed.. thws superlites are universal fit.. brand spanking new... so they'l be 4x100 and there 7 inches wide... i'm afraid i;l wreck the arches after lowering springs

Appreciate the relpies dude

i thought i noticed a dent too.. and asked the chap.. but he text me back saying no dents.. so there better not be if i go to buy and it'd a long way away.. ha

If you stick 7" wide wheels on with corsa b coilovers you'll have to roll and maybe flare the arches, I have them on with stock 5.5" wheels and I'm pretty close to the arch

Cheers.. because i dont want to cut arches / etc.... :D i think tht wheels will stick out about an inch or two past the arch.. so even woth lowering springs.. if i hit a bump.. band arch hits tire.... The lad in the East Coast Alloys tole me that

13" 7inch superlites will destroy the arches
15 7inch xxr's wont?

i dont understand why so?

Offset.

the offset is where the wheel mounts on the hub relative to its centreline. a low/negative offset wheel has the mounting face behind the centre line, lots of dish, lots of poke - the whee is moved out from the car. a high/positive offset wheel has the mounting surface in front of the centre line, pulling the wheel back into the car.

It looks like - from a quick search that the XXR's are available in +15, +25 and +38. all a fair bit higher than the -7 expected of the superlites.

Offset.jpg

www.willtheyfit.com

Don't worry about the tyre sizes too much, I just put a 165 on the 15 so that it didn't confuse the issue. Try the simulator with some different offsets, leaving the original settings for the "old" wheel and you will see how the offset changes the position of the wheel.

I looked at that site... i'm not sure of the offsets of the original wheels.... :( (i prob sound like such a brain dead fu*ker right now)

It doesn't really matter what you put in as long as you leave it as a controll so that you can see how the other wheel reacts to the changes.

Daniel and Hoodedreaper have both run Calibre Dubs in 7.5x15 et15 flavour - so there's a start point. I have 7x13 et5 so there's another comparison. I think the stockers are 5x13 et45.

welcome along dude, interested in a set of springs?, not sure what mm they are a good bit shorter than standard, they came with my k-sport coilovers, im going to be putting hks springs on because i live in tallaght and the ramps are a joke they aren't as low lol

Mark is right, have a good look at Martin's baby. It looks fantastic. I wanted to go for Minilites but it wouldn't happen soon...

Nice to see one more Micra fan from Ireland though :), not many here....

Cheers lads i sdtill done have a clue about these offsets.... lol

I'l be investing 500 for brane new superlites.. so i wish i could understand a bit more.. i think 15"xxr's would be too big and wide and be a real power killer...

Would the Micra look goos lowered 35mm on tein springs with the superlites? and would they rub my arches?

Sorry for seeming like a dope @ Markbogner Did you need any arch modification to fit the 13x7's?

Martins is a loverly example of a micra on superlites, but his are only 6" or 6.5" wide iirc. The 7" et-7 superlites will stick out about an inch further and will require some arch work, I had some in that spec but never got around to fitting them, I've now got 13x7 et5 which fit perfectly imo. The 15s with a high offest should fit fine depending on tyre size. I ran some 16x7 et38 for a while.

The wheels you've linked to are quite different, you must have a favourite?

No arch mods on the front, the rears have had the lip beaten up after the ghetto roll they recieved didn't really work.
35mm isn't really going to cut it with 13's.

My favourite is the superlites to be honest.. :)

If i just got the arches rolled the lowered 35mm with 13x7 should be fine?

I appreciate the help lads

You might find yourself wanting more low very soon.

1307197469166.jpg

I think this is Will's car rocking 6x13 with 175/50's and a -35 drop.

If i just got the arches rolled the lowered 35mm with 13x7 should be fine?

Depends on the tyre size.
This is mine lowered about 45mm on some mini 13x7 et-7 with 175/50 tyres.
5027421508_29ffa362e4_z.jpg

Arch rolling was not needed at that drop lol, but flaring was to cover the tyre tread.

Cheers Euro.. do you have any arch hitting wheel trouble?

At that height no don't think so, but I never drove with them, they stuck out way too far and arches needed flaring to cover the tyre tread which I didn't get around to doing.
With my current 13x7 et5s with 165/55s I do as I'm much much lower:wasntme:

i looked up the arch flaring on youtube and it came up a bunch of lads with steel bars... lol i dont think so.. haha

Is proper arch flaring hard to do.. does it require painting after wards etc, bear in mind this will be s show car.. ;) Cheers

Ha Ha.... them super lites stick out way too far on the micra... :( i think i;l have to give up on the superlites.... Dont have much money at the min for doing arches

Looks like it may be the XXR's... Hope they dont look stupid tho....

They are doable, it just requires work, McKenzie had some and it looked awesome and Jessys rolling same size wheels too. If you're building a show car you'll be going the extra mile or so to do what others haven't maybe? Would be good to see some very wide wheels with neg camber all around(Y)

The march i was going to buy sold this morning..... I'm gutted :(

all the other marches are auto :(

Is it hard to do an auto to manual conversion

I think Frank is the main guy to talk to about auto-manual conversions, I've heard it's not all that hard to do. And with the arch rolling/flaring - if you heat the paint up as you go along, it shouldn't need repainting. I heated my arches up when I rolled/flared them with my Calibres on, and the paint didn't crack at all (Y)

I think Frank is the main guy to talk to about auto-manual conversions, I've heard it's not all that hard to do.
it sounds like right a mission to me :eek: baguete is undergoing one atm and joe southgate (ex moddedmicra) did his (covered in his blog iirc)

it sounds like right a mission to me :eek: baguete is undergoing one atm and joe southgate (ex moddedmicra) did his (covered in his blog iirc)

Really? When I hear it described to me, it doesn't sound that bad fwn. But I guess there's a lot of electrical stuff to be playing about with, not just the mechanical side of things as well

Martins is a loverly example of a micra on superlites, but his are only 6" or 6.5" wide iirc. The 7" et-7 superlites will stick out about an inch further and will require some arch work, I had some in that spec but never got around to fitting them, I've now got 13x7 et5 which fit perfectly imo. The 15s with a high offest should fit fine depending on tyre size. I ran some 16x7 et38 for a while.
The wheels you've linked to are quite different, you must have a favourite?

oi!! mine are 7's :p:p

13 x 7 et +6 with 165 55 13 on

they fit but require front camber to hide tread, rears are a barsteward:eek:

ive rolled my arches with scaffold, heat gun and some vaseline(to help it roll) BUT and a big BUT

i cant go any lower on the back until i get some flare in my life:laugh:

if you want straight bolt on listen to these guys above(Y)

wills car on 13's at that height looks silly (will will also agree)

14s with an offset of anywhere between 30-45 should fit withouy any arch issues and you can get 50-60mm lowering springs from mph (user on here) to compensate

i belive mr bognor started a thread somewhere about wheels and tyre offsets/specs etc which might be good to look at

you can rent arch rollers from ebay or check www.archenemy.co.uk as the do a service where they do the work at your home for you

good luck mate(Y)

Back