• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

March G#

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
Hey peeps,

Im back and im the proud new owner of this wonderful March G# :)

From what i can see its been passed around from owner to owner and im proud to be the new owner of such a rare gem! Picked it up the other day from Harlow, Essex for an amazing price of £400!

No real plans at the moment as im going to be swapping jobs soon so money will be tight, but i would like to find out what has been done to this car already.

From what i can see/researched;

Manual conversion and then had another box fitted
Lowered (not sure how much/what springs)
Short shifter (B&M or Pulsar, not sure which)
Sportex cat back exhaust system
Whiteline adjustable panhard rod (need to check this)
Fully flocked interior

If anyone that used to own this is reading this, and you know there is more, please let me know :)

For everyone that doesn't know me (probably 99% of everyone on here) this is my old project micra;

OP
OP
sammyboi

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
Yes it is the same one. Ive managed to research a list of owners off of here;

mckenziecz
thenapster
_likeaboss_
SuluR
SK193

Then i believe two non MSC members, and now its tucked away in my garage.

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Real question is, if ot's so good why does it keep changing hands? I reckon theres something dodgey with it.

OP
OP
sammyboi

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
I believe people had problems with it and just sold it rather than fixing it. SuluR and SK193 done a lot to it and it's now running fine and body work is all in good condition!

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
That car has had more club memebers owned it than my Micra K10 super s. Never thought I would be saying that!

The car is on lowering springs think they were 60mm springs and then cut down even more. That car has had great and bad stuff done to it. I remember when it had a sticker bombed front bumper.

OP
OP
sammyboi

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
That car has had more club memebers owned it than my Micra K10 super s. Never thought I would be saying that!

The car is on lowering springs think they were 60mm springs and then cut down even more. That car has had great and bad stuff done to it. I remember when it had a sticker bombed front bumper.

The photo of it above was taken yesterday after I gave it a good wash and quick wax. I don't think its sitting that low to be on cut down lowering springs. Im off for the rest of the week so hopefully ill get time to have a look :)

Do you still have this old white micra?
So glad that you took over this march g now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im afraid not, i built it up over a year and then i had to sell up as needed the money. It got broken up into lots of parts and the shell was scrapped. And thanks, it will be looked after very well with me!

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
I know it used to be on cut down lowering springs. he didnt cut much off. He also heated up the spring tips to reform them to make it look like it wasnt cut. Stupid if you ask me as it will change the spring rates completely.

OP
OP
sammyboi

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
First thing im doing is fixing a few little bits and bobs to make it all fully functional. Then im going to start with some nice wheels as the steelies/hub caps arent doing it for me, the misses is on decal duty (with approval) so a few will appear on it, then ill be looking into coilovers or a good spring/shock set up, and then im only gong to be looking into engine upgrades.

OP
OP
sammyboi

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
Yes decals, small ones, not OTT crazy, just a couple here and there.

Checked the springs today, they are red but no brand on them.

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
visionworkz_car3.jpg

Need to fast and furious it up ;).

Yeah its still running the chopped lowering springs then

SirChris

Educated Bodger
Lol my neighbour just randomly came over to tell me his son spotted this car for sale for 400 quid

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

SirChris

Educated Bodger
Ur rap plate as well..I was like no bother it's had more owners than pokes to a dirty prozer.... Serious though I am not joking this just happened

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

£400!? I sold it for £1100 haha! If it's in the same condition then either you had a great bargain or the seller lost a lot. Did you buy it from a guy called Tom?

You're right about what you've found though.
It was converted to manual by George (mckenziecz) but then that 'box was dying so I changed it for a better one.
It's lowered on cut 35mm P.I lowering springs, I think it worked out about 50ish mm lowering.
It's a B&M short shifter.
Whiteline adjustable panhard rod.

Also I fitted new brembo brakes to it & it's had pretty much a full respray.

The flocking was done by the guy who bought it off me (Tom)

OP
OP
sammyboi

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
Yeah still in great condition, body wise all is good with the usual little stone chips here and there, mechanical all running fine. No i brought it off a guy called Samuel, he said he only owned it for a couple of months and wanted something faster so he needed the money to go towards his eg civic to get it through mot.

Thanks for confirming some bits about the modifications! I read on mckenziecz blog that he fit a 2.6kg ligtened fly wheel, do you know if thats still on there? The front brakes were changed before i brought it as the guy said they were worn down bad, so i guess they are just standard ones now.

Yeah i saw a post somewhere with this when the flocking was done, think it cost him £400ish to get done.

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
he got a whole nismo kit for it including the nismo wheels i now own. he ended up selling the nismo stuff and made alot of profit i guess he sold up to make his mx5 his prime car

OP
OP
sammyboi

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
Yeah i saw his for sale post when i brought this, i wanted them nismo alloys for it but they were long gone before i got there! So settling for some pulsar alloys that im picking up wednesday :D Need a respray and probably some smaller tyres...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 475

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
They are amazing alloys but they are march R nismo rally wheels so offset is better suited for k10s.

They did need a major refurb though paint was naffed.

Yeah still in great condition, body wise all is good with the usual little stone chips here and there, mechanical all running fine. No i brought it off a guy called Samuel, he said he only owned it for a couple of months and wanted something faster so he needed the money to go towards his eg civic to get it through mot.

Thanks for confirming some bits about the modifications! I read on mckenziecz blog that he fit a 2.6kg ligtened fly wheel, do you know if thats still on there? The front brakes were changed before i brought it as the guy said they were worn down bad, so i guess they are just standard ones now.

Yeah i saw a post somewhere with this when the flocking was done, think it cost him £400ish to get done.

Glad to hear the bodywork is still in good condition. It's surprising it's had yet another owner between you and tom tbh!

It says in the blog that it was fitted but from what I was told by other previous owners, including the one after mckenziecz it never had it on. In fact when I had it and changed the gearbox I found (quite worryingly) that the (standard) flywheel was only held on with 3 bolts, not all 6! So someone before had obviously cut corners.
It must have been driven quite hard after I had it then as I put brand new discs and pads on it, which were actually quite hard to find.

I think I read about that, it wasn't my cup of tea tbh, I think the interior should have been left as it was and kept original as it was so nice inside.

OP
OP
sammyboi

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
Glad to hear the bodywork is still in good condition. It's surprising it's had yet another owner between you and tom tbh!

It says in the blog that it was fitted but from what I was told by other previous owners, including the one after mckenziecz it never had it on. In fact when I had it and changed the gearbox I found (quite worryingly) that the (standard) flywheel was only held on with 3 bolts, not all 6! So someone before had obviously cut corners.
It must have been driven quite hard after I had it then as I put brand new discs and pads on it, which were actually quite hard to find.

I think I read about that, it wasn't my cup of tea tbh, I think the interior should have been left as it was and kept original as it was so nice inside.

Oh dear! Im glad you installed another box! I just don't understand why people cut corners like that, pure laziness! But thanks for the confirmation on the fly wheel.

I must admit i do prefer the black flocked dash, but there are still bits of grey plastic around so it looks abit weird. The interior is still all in there, i do like the camo style seats.

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
Would that be a calliper swap with new uk discs and pads? The rear discs are tiny!
You got rear discs? Lucky chum. Well if its like most preface jdm k11 it will have k10 style hubs and brakes. My jdm march g/a# had them. all it will need is new ukdm hubs and ukdm brakes.

could go for something alot bigger like 100nx

mas12555

Rare parts nerd #JDM
Andy all the march hubs I see on yahoo japan all are k10 style so I am 99 percent certain that marchs have different brakes. The march k10s even have different brakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk