• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

March G# Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirChris

Educated Bodger
Did you used paint gun or rattle cans Sam?
Given the work shop and tools I would goes gun. Looks like a good job eh

signature...please ignore anything I say...when using my phone it is either bad grammar or rubbish spelling.

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Yeah looks neat! Confirming that if you want a proper job rattle can are only good for little parts

OP
OP
SK193
As the old exhaust was starting to wear away, and I wanted something better anyway I got a new Sportex cat-back system for it.

IMG_0169.jpg

It was really easy to fit, went straight on with no problems and now it looks, sounds and goes so much better :)

IMG_0171.jpg

OP
OP
SK193
Since the manual gearbox has been in the car, the gearstick hasn't been quite right as it was cut down and the gearknob wouldn't stay on properly due to there being no thread on it, so I thought i'd get some new bits.

Nissan Pulsar short shifter.

IMG_0183.jpg

Went in quite easily, and the travel between gears now is so much shorter.

IMG_0189.jpg

Also got myself a new bubble gearknob too. It looks pink in the photos but it's actually more purple, as this is the colour scheme I'm going for.

IMG_0195.jpg

Changing gear now feels a lot better/smoother and I think it looks rather good too :p

IMG_0199.jpg

OP
OP
SK193
True talk? Already perfect, no extra changes needed imho. Maybe just remove that spoiler.
Yeah, still needs a few more things doing to it 'til she's perfect for me :) Which one? I don't really want to remove either tbh. I really like them, especially the mid-spoiler. I'm still yet to see another micra with one

OP
OP
SK193
Agreed...don't touch either of them, please :p
I won't be removing them, don't worry. They're some of my favourite parts on the car tbh :)

I wasn't sure about the splitter at first but I actually quite like it now, although i'd change it if I could get a Nismo style one from somewhere

OP
OP
SK193
Matt does a replica
I think i'll wait until the polo one starts to wear, or until the replica ones pop up on ebay again. I quite like the sideskirts on this one, but i've never seen anything like them anywhere

p1-3.jpg

OP
OP
SK193
I think those skirts come with the "Nismo" kit...?

possibly...
Every Nismo kit i've seen for sale just has the side spat things in it, which I had before and didn't really like them. I can't seem to find anything like those sideskirts

Every Nismo kit i've seen for sale just has the side spat things in it, which I had before and didn't really like them. I can't seem to find anything like those sideskirts
You're right...Hmmm...odd....probably be too awkward to get K12's one's to fit LOL

OP
OP
SK193
A few test fitting photos of the new wheels.

Rear:

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

The rears fit pretty much flush with the arch, but may need a bit of spacing at some point.

Front:

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

The fronts poke out a bit but will be fine with the right size tyres on them.

OP
OP
SK193
Some things I changed, fitted and repaired just before Japfest.

As the gearbox was having problems I got myself a new one and fitted that.

IMG_0312.jpg

Old vs new.

IMG_0314.jpg

I also cut the resonator part of the air-pipe off and sealed the end up, which made a slight difference to the intake sound.

IMG_0318.jpg

Test fitted some Corsa b coilovers but in the end I chose not to use them.

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

And got the marks/small dents repaired before having the side resprayed.

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

OP
OP
SK193
It's rather weird Sam, usually the intake/airbox are slightly different on japanese Marches, with no resonator.
Hmm that's strange, mine looks the same as the usual CG13 ones, and my engine has a black plastic top on the cam cover instead of it being plain

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
You can see the differences (closing mechanism)
2012-05-17_12-22-43_584.jpg

(left is japanese one iirc)

OP
OP
SK193
Lowering before, with 35mm lowering springs - 1 coil it went down to about 60mm.

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

It still wasn't quite low enough but instead of cutting another coil off we heated the spring and flattened the top down to make it lower and seat properly like it should.

IMG_0343.jpg

A lick of paint and they're as good as new.

IMG_0345.jpg

Fitted, they went down another 5 - 10mm so they're about a 65/70mm drop.

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.