• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

March G# Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some of you may know, I recently bought this little gem which used to belong to mckenziecz and has since had a couple of other owners. The car had been through a rough time, with a bit of crash/body damage and some engine problems but thanks to SuluR most of the running issues were fixed and now it's mine i'm going to get the rest of the problems sorted out, repair the body damage and get her back to her former glory :)

I have already got some plans and ideas for this, but for now i'm just going to see exactly what needs doing, and enjoy driving it.

Some pictures from the day I collected the car, and as I bought it without the 14" SR wheels the first thing I did was to put my wheels on.

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

OP
OP
SK193
such a shame all the goodies that was on it (when mckenziecz had it) were sold off
I personally didn't like the nismo splitter that much, I wish it still had the ssr's though :(
Can't wait to see her get back to her former glory ;)
Wheels look nice :p
She'll be back, bigger and better haha. Thank you, i'll most probably be getting new wheels at some point though, already have a few ideas :)

SuluR

Buy & Sell Member
As some of you may know, I recently bought this little gem which used to belong to mckenziecz and has since had a couple of other owners. The car had been through a rough time, with a bit of crash/body damage and some engine problems but thanks to SuluR most of the running issues were fixed and now it's mine i'm going to get the rest of the problems sorted out, repair the body damage and get her back to her former glory :)

I have already got some plans and ideas for this, but for now i'm just going to see exactly what needs doing, and enjoy driving it.

Some pictures from the day I collected the car, and as I bought it without the 14" SR wheels the first thing I did was to put my wheels on.

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

Ah i wish i had it back! damn this economy. Take good care of her

^^ i feel ya, i saw my 200sx drive away 3 years ago after 10 years on my drive.....i still regret having to let it go :(

she looks like shes in good hands, that all i ever wanted for my ex cars :)

seen this car in person, sweet car mate! sounds like sulur sorted out some of the issues! nice :)

SuluR

Buy & Sell Member
I shall, she's in good hands. Thanks for the spare wing btw, I managed to get the creased one repaired and looking like new in the end

Yeah, I'm not going to be leaving the msc anytime soon :)

Excellent, how about the bumper?

OP
OP
SK193
Please tell me your keeping it the same color... :)
Yes, definitely keeping it the same colour. I think it looks really nice, although the paint shop had a nightmare trying to get a match as the vin plate is in japanese haha

OP
OP
SK193
The first things on the to do list were to find out exactly what needed fixing/replacing and checking over the car for any other problems and to make a start on getting the bodywork sorted.

Firstly, the headlights needed rewiring as someone in it's past had wired them up using speaker wire :/ I changed over the suspension from the matiz/corsa setup to my still newish shocks and lowering springs from my previous micra build (which will be 'customised' soon) and the brakes will also need to be replaced soon as they were right down to the metal all around.

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

The dented/rippled wing and front bumper that had been damaged in it's accident came out really well and now they look as good as new. It'll all be getting resprayed soon, as it seems to be a hard colour for the paint shop to match and the vin plate is in japanese so they couldn't find anything with the paint code on the car.

IMG_0137.jpg

OP
OP
SK193
I am so glad to see her in good hands. The paint code is FL0 and trim code G as per the picture. No hard to find on the vin plate at all
Thank you. It's been one of my favourite cars on here for a long time :) I gave them the whole set of numbers, and I thought FL0 was the code but strangely they couldn't find anything on their systems for it.
Also, how much did you take off the springs when you had it? and do you have any details about the gearbox, what micra it's from/if you ever had any problems with it etc?

ae712456.jpg

It's F L and a zero not an O just to make sure. Halfords had it on their system.

The manual box was from UK super s I bought from Martin on here when he was braking it. I bought the lot from him and got new clutch for it too. I never had any problems.

OP
OP
SK193
It's F L and a zero not an O just to make sure. Halfords had it on their system.

The manual box was from UK super s I bought from Martin on here when he was braking it. I bought the lot from him and got new clutch for it too. I never had any problems.
Yeah I gave them that, maybe their system is just a bit basic or something. They've got the fuel flap to get a match now anyway.
Okay, thanks a lot. Just atm the clutch seems to be a bit heavy and sometimes it feels like it's a bit hesitant/doesn't want to go into 2nd. Do you know why the gearstick was cut down btw? I noticed the standard gearknob was just glued on, so i'm going to get a new thread put on it soon.

Not sure about the clutch but the hesitant gear selection could be due to the grarstick being cut down I bought it like that. Also I think the gearbox mounts are knackered. Thats why i think the selection is so bad. Also there is no front engine mount because the auto subframes dont have it. That could be the problem too.

OP
OP
SK193
Not sure about the clutch but the hesitant gear selection could be due to the grarstick being cut down I bought it like that. Also I think the gearbox mounts are knackered. Thats why i think the selection is so bad. Also there is no front engine mount because the auto subframes dont have it. That could be the problem too.
Okay thank you. It's still drivable for now, it just seems to be worse when it's cold as when the car's had time to warm up it goes through the gears fine. If it does get any worse though i'll most probably find another gearbox and change them.

mckenziecz said:

You might have a good idea from me lol :)

I wish I could bought this car before -likeaboss- sold this car to sulur.

Anyway
Do you know how to restore everything on this march?

Get decent 1.3 Micra so you can swap with everything (ecu, loom wires, complete engine and gearbox etc) from 1.3 to this march.
Will need to get new whole front panel.
Will need to get some parts from Matt humphries (engine mounts, gear stuff and others)
Fix up on any rust and need underseal
At last, fix up with body works then paint over

Obviously, it will be major work and good money to invest :)

Btw good luck with this march g. Will looking forward to see this march g in future :)

OP
OP
SK193
I think there was an owner of it before -likeaboss- had it as well, a guy called freddie, I think he was on here briefly as thenapster.
Yeah I know what needs doing to it, it's just which things need doing first at the moment. I want to get it ready by Japfest though :) It's running okay for now, just has a couple of little things that need sorting and maybe at some point it could do with a new gearbox too. The bodywork is actually really good for its age, and it'll be getting a respray soon.
Thank you, I can't wait to get it all done either :p

SuluR

Buy & Sell Member
I think there was an owner of it before -likeaboss- had it as well, a guy called freddie, I think he was on here briefly as thenapster.
Yeah I know what needs doing to it, it's just which things need doing first at the moment. I want to get it ready by Japfest though :) It's running okay for now, just has a couple of little things that need sorting and maybe at some point it could do with a new gearbox too. The bodywork is actually really good for its age, and it'll be getting a respray soon.
Thank you, I can't wait to get it all done either :p

The guy i bought it from was not on this forum, also the ownership document wasnt even his name :/ I bought it to save it from being destroyed

OP
OP
SK193
The guy i bought it from was not on this forum, also the ownership document wasnt even his name :/ I bought it to save it from being destroyed
I must have been thinking of the guy who bought it from mckenziecz, I was talking to him on facebook about the car and he said he was on here but only posted a couple of times and there's a guy on here with the same name. After seeing/reading about his other cars and seeing how he drives his current car you really did do well by saving it! :)

SuluR

Buy & Sell Member
Oh I thought he was, I was talking to him on facebook about the car and he said he was on here but only posted a couple of times and there's a guy on here with the same name. After seeing/reading about his other cars and seeing how he drives his current car you really did do well by saving it! :)

Perhaps it was him, it was a little confusing with the lack of documents,

Yep it was an impulse buy to save it, it was just being thrown around between the wrong types of owners and thrashed. Believe me when i got it, it was a sorry sorry sorrrrrrryyyy state.

OP
OP
SK193
Perhaps it was him, it was a little confusing with the lack of documents,

Yep it was an impulse buy to save it, it was just being thrown around between the wrong types of owners and thrashed. Believe me when i got it, it was a sorry sorry sorrrrrrryyyy state.
Yeah it really wasn't being appreciated, it's a car that should be looked after, cared for and treated well :) I'm glad you saved it when you did. I don't think it would have survived long in the wrong hands, they all seem to thrash their cars everywhere they go and there's even a video on facebook on one of them going over 140 in a supercharged civic o_O

Yeah it really wasn't being appreciated, it's a car that should be looked after, cared for and treated well :) I'm glad you saved it when you did. I don't think it would have survived long in the wrong hands, they all seem to thrash their cars everywhere they go and there's even a video on facebook on one of them going over 140 in a supercharged civic o_O
Soo glad you and sulur saved this car!

OP
OP
SK193
Soo glad you and sulur saved this car!
Thank you, I'm so glad SuluR was selling it just as I was looking for a new car. I've wanted it since I first saw it on here tbh :p If it wasn't for this car, i'd have ended up with a diesel Clio, Polo or even a Fiesta :oops:

SuluR

Buy & Sell Member
Thank you, I'm so glad SuluR was selling it just as I was looking for a new car. I've wanted it since I first saw it on here tbh :p If it wasn't for this car, i'd have ended up with a diesel Clio, Polo or even a Fiesta :oops:

:O

OP
OP
SK193
I would have probably ended up going down the low, euro, bbs wheels route but even if I did, I still would have wanted the March and gone back to Jap cars as soon as I could have :)

I would have probably ended up going down the low, euro, bbs wheels route but even if I did, I still would have wanted the March and gone back to Jap cars as soon as I could have :)
Thank god! Hope you can get this one looking as good if not better than your last one, im sure you will :)

OP
OP
SK193
Thank god! Hope you can get this one looking as good if not better than your last one, im sure you will :)
Thank you :) I was never really completely satisfied with the grey Micra, it was always lacking something imo, but I have big plans for the March ;)

Thank you :) I was never really completely satisfied with the grey Micra, it was always lacking something imo, but I have big plans for the March ;)
Was lacing lows ;). The march looks great standard anyways so you should have no troubles making it a right show stealer. Good luck :)

OP
OP
SK193
Was lacing lows ;). The march looks great standard anyways so you should have no troubles making it a right show stealer. Good luck :)
It was indeed, but the March will make up for that. It's already lower than the Micra was, and i'm far from finished yet ;) Lower, wider, louder & faster! Thanks, i'm aiming to get most of it done for Japfest

OP
OP
SK193
The car has now been stripped and cleaned inside, had the rust patches repaired and had the arches, sills and crossmember treated/waxoyled.

IMG_0139.jpg

It's also had new Brembo brakes fitted all around and i've 'modified' the rear springs a bit to make it sit more level.

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

The wing and bumper ready for paint and i've put my polo splitter from my previous micra on it too which will be colour coded once it's all resprayed.

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Good job Sam, but I dont think that Polo splitter is JDM enough for this car!

OP
OP
SK193
Good job Sam, but I dont think that Polo splitter is JDM enough for this car!
I wasn't too sure about it either tbh, it was my dads idea to put it on. I'm going to keep it for now though until the car is lowered more, then I'll take it off as it'll probably be scraping with it on.

What's that white wheel in the background then Sam?
It's a 13x7 et-7 minilite wheel, but it's not for the March. It's going on an Austin A35 project car my dad's building. There will be new wheels coming soon for the G# though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.