Event: Manx Classic 2012 Sprint & Hillclimb 26th 27th 28th April

Hi guys, just to let people know this is an event held every year on the Isle of Man.

3 days.... one sprint, two hillclimbs including the starting climb onto the famous Manx TT mountain course :) Really well ran with 5 runs each day with a mix of cars from over 80 years!

Link's below if anyone is interested.

http://www.manxmotorracing.com/events.htm

Cheers

Paul

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
That would be an awesome event to attend but after looking through the sign-on requirements and the MSA blue book I am not confident we would meet all the requirements without some additional work. Also I think getting our car assembled, tuned and shaken down by then would be a bit optimistic.

Will you be requesting permission to carry on board camera equipment Paul? It would be ace to see some in car footage :)

Hi Guys i havnt put in for a camera but im really tempted to get a GoPro! If i can get the cash togeather for it, i imagine its a good way to see where you can gain time on runs as well!

What stage is your car @ Low? I run in the post 1981 road going up to 2000cc class (im a bit out numbered power wise but its good fun) & the only standard road going part i havnt changed is the Front lights :grinning:

Would be great to have some more Micras running!

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
The shell is at Matt's at the moment having some work done. The engine is in bits with the bottom end ready to assemble and the head still to be stripped down and a spec finalized. Everything else is all ready to be assembled once the engine is completed.

The shell is at Matt's at the moment having some work done. The engine is in bits with the bottom end ready to assemble and the head still to be stripped down and a spec finalized. Everything else is all ready to be assembled once the engine is completed.

Plenty of time yet then mate! I didnt build my engine & box untill 3 weeks before last years event, then there was alot of driving around the very small island running it in!

The scrutineers are very understanding as long as the car is safe

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
My only issue is the car will need rough mapping, running in and then final mapping not to mention bringing up to MSA spec. It would be possible if I still lived in the UK for sure but living in Norway makes my time frame very much limited for such things. I'm going to have my backside to the wire just to make Goodwood on May 7th. The head work is proving to be the biggest obstacle at the moment, everything else is bang on schedule.

If it was road legal (MOT not required as its the Isle of Man) & you are running a beam splitter then thats all you need MSA rules are more for the sports libre classes etc...

Thats a long way to travel! Matt does a very good job on cylinder heads thats where mines from & the work standard is very good, rev's like an i dont know what :)

Good luck with the build though & maybe you could come over for the 2013 Classic

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
2013 would be a good and realistic goal for sure, plus it's always good to raise a few eyebrows in the process.

We discussed cylinder heads with Matt initially but we wanted to take a much more radical approach, (which I will not discuss on here), so we took another route. Let's just say pushing the envelope can make things a little complicated. I am confident however that the end result will be well worth the effort :)