manual to electric window conversion

Is this possible i got manual window in my 1995 micra and wanted to convert it to electric windows. Can i just change the door cards with power window switchs, mount the motor and done or do i have to get a aftermarket kit..........pliz advice.

you will need the wiring to the door for the windows, switch, motor with regulator and i think thats it o_O . i did this on my car when i bought a 2nd hand door which came with non-electric windows(mine had leccy ones) as i already had electric windows, wiring wasn't a problem, but not sure how tricky it would be to install wiring for them.

thks B14KLR would like to khow if it will be a direct swap from the manual door card to the electric door card one or it requires some modification

honestly mate i couldnt tell you, as the non-electric door i bought didnt come with a door card. which leads me to think! i havent actually tried fitting the door card back on yet! should be interesting!lol, but i'm pretty sure the metal is cut exactly the same, you just may need to relocate some of the white clips to match up with the screw holes, just a pull out pop in jobby if i'm not mistaken. can't imagine it will need much work, but i'll have to wait an see!

i converted my windows to electric. the mecs are a straight swap.
So all doors have same wiring? I found -98 micra with electric windows at junkyard and I have -00. Interior looked like same. That micra didn't have electric mirrors tho.

Back