Manifold

L

littlemisspvc

I was all out for buying a Janspeed Manifold next payday for my K11. But I have just noticed that on all the sites that seem to sell them they state that it is for a '92-'98 model. My micra is a '99. Will it fit? If not what do I get?

Thanks

actually, '99 might have 2 lambda sensors, im not too sure though, that could be 2000+, im fairly sure it will fit, but someone should confirm this.

Oh great :-( Seems nothing fits my car at all.

Any suggestions on alternatives?

Also I have the de-cat pipe - will that fit?

I dont mean to sound picky, but can somebody say for definate if I take out the air-con the manifold WILL fit?

Just want to be sure :)

should do im pretty sure its just the post 2000 loom that doesnt like the janspeed manifold. which leaves me very nicely up poo hill!

It is just th renault-influenced 200 onwards ones tht have 2 lambda amongst other things that don't work with Janspeed without modding it.
You may need a different alternator bracket though due to the aircon

Craig said:
It is just th renault-influenced 200 onwards ones tht have 2 lambda amongst other things that don't work with Janspeed without modding it.
You may need a different alternator bracket though due to the aircon
are you sure that the late k11s have anything to do with renault? becuase mine is EXACTLY the same as a prefacelift, but with different but with nissan styling, same nissan CG10DE engine, with a different electronics loom, which is all BOSCH, not renault or ne other french company.

sorry bit off topic, just annoying everyone saying that my NISSAN micra is renault influenced. i know the later micras are renault influenced but the late k11s have nothing renault on them at all.

well it has coil packs, thats different. And the TB is different. Plus it has less sound proofing and stuff like that to keep costs down.

Ian said:
well it has coil packs, thats different. And the TB is different.

Thats all bosch stuff, seems more reliable then the dizzy setup aswell by FAR. Except for the TB is just as un-reliable as the previous nissan ones.

Ian said:
Plus it has less sound proofing and stuff like that to keep costs down.

Point taken, tis a noisey car lol

wont fit on any aircon car and wont fit on coilpack french cars as they have 2 lamba sensors if you only have 1 lamber sensor and no aircon itll fit..

Well I can live without air-con, it hasnt worked for about year anyway and i am too cheap to get it sorted (just open a window.....)

So if I can get rid of that to make the manifold fit, then great, I will.

Raceworx said:
wont fit on any aircon car and wont fit on coilpack french cars as they have 2 lamba sensors if you only have 1 lamber sensor and no aircon itll fit..

lol is it only french cars that use coilpacks then? must be the first car-related idea of the french that a) is good and b) doesnt involve plastic

you wont need to make it fit it will bolt straight up every micra manifold bar the frenchK11's are the same regardless of air con or not.. if you remove it or even just the pipes then it will fit

littlemisspvc said:
Well I can live without air-con, it hasnt worked for about year anyway and i am too cheap to get it sorted (just open a window.....)

So if I can get rid of that to make the manifold fit, then great, I will.

I was under the impression that it's not very cheap to have air con removed?

Y? the gases need to be drained properly not that expencive. but if your doing it yourself and just letting it off into the atmosphere then hows it more expencvie than taking your own car apart?

rlees85 said:
Thats all bosch stuff, seems more reliable then the dizzy setup aswell by FAR. Except for the TB is just as un-reliable as the previous nissan ones.

Point taken, tis a noisey car lol

you really have to wait until them cars are hitting 10+ years to see what they are like in comparison. And when coil packs do go, they are much more expensive then a dizzy set up, just as the S13 owners :eek:. I think they retail for about £60 each or something silly.

Great so it looks like air-con removal is a go!!

Now to find somebody to do that for me. Can anybody recommend a garage in the south shields or sunderland area? My partner and I have just had some real bad s**t going on with garages and his car, and dont know who to trust. Any recommendations would be most appreciated.

costs about £20 to have a mobile bloke come and drain the gas and take it away. similar price to refilling your car with new gas really. shop around though.

Ian said:
you really have to wait until them cars are hitting 10+ years to see what they are like in comparison. And when coil packs do go, they are much more expensive then a dizzy set up, just as the S13 owners :eek:. I think they retail for about £60 each or something silly.

they dont need cleaning, they never need new rotor arms or caps as they dont have any :p they never need HT leads changing, and i have a spare coilpack which i got for 20 quid ;) and im not sure if the nissan distributor is the same but my brothers fiesta can play hell up on cold mornings (as i think it doesnt like the damp).

the only advantage i can see of having a distributor set-up is the ease of adjusting the timing.

£20 for one spare? so to replace the whole lot would cost you £80... sure it has advantages, but also has disadvantages.

yep as said u cant adjust the timing with them :( 80 quid for all four yeah but ud never need to swap all four lol as they are all individual.

edit: tbh i like the idea, i understand why others wouldnt, but im not posting again in here becuase ive been taking too many threads off-topic lately.

Back