Malfunction Light

My the orange engine malfunction light on my 2008 1.2 Micra came on yesterday. Obviously there are no garages open at the moment so I can't take it to one till Monday earliest but would it be ok to drive tomorrow as I really need it? Is this a serious problem; it is a relatively new car and I got it to last me a while?

Laura

hi did you find out what was wrong with it? as my orange malfunction engine light has come on, on my Micra-its 03 but had it less than a week so bit annoying! taken it to garage and apparently its the air pipe-has a hole in it, they are waiting to hear back from Nissan about which part they need. i took out an extended warranty with who i bought it from so hoping it will be covered under that.

hope you got yours sorted-just be intered to hear if it was something similar?

god more worried now after reading all posts on here to do with the engine malfunction light. is what the garage have told me likely to be right about the air pipe? or is it one of the sensors or dread of dreads- the timing chain?! please tell me the air pipe is only a minor thing!! only had it a week tomorrow so just my luck