• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Makrakin's K10 Blog :D

Makrakin08

Ex. Club Member
Hey Guys Posted enough about other stuff so thought it was about to start myns as i have almost got all the stuff i need :D Some of you may no i have curtis old White micra with the foah body kit and before that i had a standard red one So this is my 2nd k10, Here goes. So ive got A custom inlett manifold from a autograss racing micra, Brand New ICH 34 carburettor, K&N Carb Filter, Super Turbo Camshaft, Ported and Polished Head ( thanks amy ) New back box, New lights and side lights, Rev counter, Custom outlett manifold ( still waiting for this to deliver from curtis ) Light brows ( still waiting too come ) Denso iridium spark plugs and splitfire twin core ignition leads ( just orderd these tonight ) and im in the process of making a custom Psp, electric heater, 3 socket power supply Unit to fit Under neath the ash Tray.

I still have to get New wheels ( from moddedmicra hopefully this wkend ) KYB shocks all round and 40 mm lower springs, 50bhp Nos kit, New steering wheel, And my seats door cards and carpets are getting custom tailord for free from my bosses brother, Also its going for a rolling road tune so thats its runnin Properly.

Heres sum pics ( hope they show )
2291493773a6814509800l.jpg

2291493773a9052045103l.jpg

2291493773a9052045238l.jpg

2291493773a9052045312l.jpg

2291493773a9052045390l.jpg

049.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

052.jpg

053.jpg

054.jpg

055.jpg

056.jpg

057.jpg

Only had photos of car from when curtis had it except this one !

002.jpg

Let me know what you Guys think, Will be keeping you all updated !! , Many Cheers, Makrakin.

OP
OP
Makrakin08

Makrakin08

Ex. Club Member
Modded micra, not yet i had a courier arranged through ebay ( was cheapest i could find ) but through a bit further inspection turns out i would have been his first customer soo i didnt want to trust a first timer if you know what i mean. I got the cash waiting i just need to get my self a courier sorted out though, i will give u a phone this weekend if u could pm me ur phone number please :D many thanks.

OP
OP
Makrakin08

Makrakin08

Ex. Club Member
Hey can any one point me in the right direction for a set off new front universal fog lights too fit in my foah kit, Cheers

50bhp Nos kit,

now youre talking

I have +25 Nitrous with progressive and that is mental enough for me (for the time being...lol)...never mind +50!!...LOL

Im hoping you have the wizards of nos kit?..if not theres always time to change it....all other kits cost less but are far less reliable......and can cost you in engine parts

this project looks to be a goodun

:)

OP
OP
Makrakin08

Makrakin08

Ex. Club Member
I was thinking off wizard of nos kit but have looked into things and alot of people have said the dyno tune nos kit is just as good, Ima set it up with the jets so its producing 35 to begin with and if all is well ima take it a step up further at a time to eventualy 50 to see how it bears with that, heres a link to the kit im hoping for http://www.modifiedcarstore.co.uk/p1619000.htm Thanks i hope all goes well for my wee micra i just want to do the job properly keep it old school :D

hey mate It sounds like you havent bought it yet (phew!)... this could be your get out of jail free card.....(and if you have bought it ....send it back :)

sorry for this mild rant but im excited that youve got time to take this lifeline

The wizards kit is the ONLY kit in the world that is DESIGNED from scratch FOR nitrous injection...ALL the rest of the kits (NOS nitrex dynotune..etc are basicly industrial parts from the USA used in factory industrial processes with nitrous stickers on them and they can be very unrelaiable leak, stick, uneven didrobution, lean mixture = BANG !

the wizards kit is virtually the same price as that dynotune con..and the COSTOMER SERVICE & AFTERCARE & technical support....lifertime guarantee etc etc...from the wizards is seccond to NONE!...and ofcourse are british engineering.

PLEASE check out their forum...and chat to the guys before you make your final decision
http://forum.nitrous-advice.org/

I can also reccomend "the book" for 15 quid...the knowledge about nitrous is immense....

The guy who said that it is just as good as the wizards realy is not very well researched at all...:-( shame on him/her to give this false advice.

one final ramble from be then I'll shut my gob....i've a write up on the wizards forum on my install...It might be usefull for your planning so that you might be able to pick out some improvements on the install....(learning from my mistakes & questionable decisins on the install....LOLZ)

here it is:
http://forum.nitrous-advice.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2799&hilit=nossan

and here is the book:
http://www.noswizard.com/product_desc.php?id=97

OP
OP
Makrakin08

Makrakin08

Ex. Club Member
wow cheers for that i could have made a big mistake there, read ur nos blog and thats a minted job, i dont think i could set it up on my own though! ima have to look for sumwhere to do it for me, ass for buying the nos kit im going to take it out on finance once i have everything else i need bought, wot sort of 0 - 100 time u looking at with the kit :D

lol... I got to admit thats one I havent timed....I wouldnt like to guess either as it taked longer and longer for the higher gears anyways.....

may be I should try it out...?

the problem is that ive only got a bit of nitrous left and Im a bit strapped at the mo...so im gonna save it for the 1.2 after ive migrated al my goodies to it:)

ass for buying the nos kit im going to take it out on finance once i have everything else i need bought,

LOL PMSL thats exactly what I did....{{SLAP!!}} (straight on the credit card ahahah)

I did blow up a spark plug one day though....(after inadvertently moving my fuel pressure regulator setting sown to minimum (lean) with my left forearm during a routine oil & filter change......) <that cost me dearly....head off to check for dammage & bits of plug etc)....what a numpty I was !!
(totally embarrassed)...lol

OP
OP
Makrakin08

Makrakin08

Ex. Club Member
Another update, The outlet manifold that i bought from curtis last month has finaly arrived!!!!! ( about time ) lol, also eye brows , and a new apiro oil breather which i got for free at my local performance shop :)
026.jpg

027.jpg

001.jpg

I am now looking for a set of lowering springs but dont want anything too expensive as i am wanting the coilovers that are supposed to be getting made up for us k10 owners so if any one has a set of lowering springs kicking about let me know :)

curtis

Ex. Club Member
give you £40 for them :p and when will they be for sale?? whats wrong with the pics of ma bum like haha.

Well its gonna be about £15 postage...so call it £50 delivered ;)

Well soon as i get a yes off you ill buy the 50mm lowering springs that i want and soon as they arrive ill take em off and send them :) should be about a week maybe 2 weather dependent

curtis

Ex. Club Member
50mm springs?!? where from? ahh by the way the manifold postage was only £9 :p
Cheers optismart

Yes but these boxes are going to be bigger and sent 1st class, next day jobby

Im trying something out with k11 springs...so also depends on them fitting

curtis

Ex. Club Member
basically yeah...well ill pm mph and see how long delivery is, then once they get here ill get them fitted etc, then sent so as i said could be 1 or 2 weeks

OP
OP
Makrakin08

Makrakin08

Ex. Club Member
hmm getting a set of moddedmicra this week as soon as he sends his address, i almost had a set of ford capri 13" turbo wheels the other day there but got outbid at last min

curtis

Ex. Club Member
Well on the 20th november ill be buying the k11 springs anyway so they will be up forsale around then

Im pretty sure the fords aren't the right PCD so you were lucky to get outbid

Which alloys? any pics?

Corbs

Ex. Club Member
I used to own that car! For about a month. In fact that first pic is outside my old house in stafford. IIRC it already has KYB shocks on it (Or so I was told), we called it 'Gary J' or 'Ugly Gary' because of the numberplate.

It was a nail.

OP
OP
Makrakin08

Makrakin08

Ex. Club Member
Hey im back ban has been lifted :D , no serious updates as of yet but have orderd a rev limiter , new steering wheel + boss kit and waiting for my alloys too arrive from moddedmicra :D

curtis

Ex. Club Member
He built up too many points, therefore got banned for a week, mainly for trying to sell stuff but not being a full member etc

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
all depends on the offset of the wheels not all 14" are the same so some will rub some wont depending on offset. bump stops coupled with uprated shocks will help eliminate rubbing

OP
OP
Makrakin08

Makrakin08

Ex. Club Member
naa doesnt rub unless theres 4 people in car and hit a dip in the road its pretty good at going round corners to be fair but with the new susspension it will be alot better i reckon

OP
OP
Makrakin08

Makrakin08

Ex. Club Member
ahh my bird wouldnt do it :(

Hey guys can anyone point me in the direction for an inlett gasket outlet gasket all gaskets needed for head Cheers

OP
OP
Makrakin08

Makrakin08

Ex. Club Member
i just changed them simply, bought them from my mate and changed them the same day and never had a problem with them they just went straight on... lol :)

OP
OP
Makrakin08

Makrakin08

Ex. Club Member
no i had my first micra 2 years ago lol and never ever had pics of it ( wasnt worth taking any to be honest and never knew this site excisted so wouldnt have matterd) it was just a set of 13" pepper pot alloys that my mate had on his mk1 fiesta ghia and we swapped them over the same 15 minutes after buying them and they fitting no problem and used them for about 3 months then an old lady crashed into front of my car and i took it off the road and scrapped it. ( the end of my first micra ) but honestly they fitted on for me and had no problems atall.

OP
OP
Makrakin08

Makrakin08

Ex. Club Member
Yea just a straight swap :S
i dont know bud but they worked for me, but mind they where mk1 pepper pot alloys i used, i dont know if this would make a difference but it sure worked ok for me. :)

OP
OP
Makrakin08

Makrakin08

Ex. Club Member
quick update, Carb and minifold has been taken away to my step dads work to get the adapter plate made up, fitted new head and sidelights today and the ignition leads, once i get the carb and manifold back the real work witll begin, Will keep u all updated, Oh got my liscence back last week but aint driving car till its ready!!