making 4 2 1 exhaust

as title says im thinkning of making a 4 2 1 exhaust mani,

what size pipe should i use to make it out off, and will i have to run the same size diameter pipe all the way back down the car or will reducing down to standard pipe be ok.?

also what would i use for the bracket(s) that connect it to the engine.?

always up for a challenge lol

then you need a flange (to bolt to the head) some 25 ish mm bore primaries, some 30 ish mm secondaries, and a 40 ish mm exit pipe (and some means to bend and weld them)
and you will lose some of the potential if the rest of the system is much smaller
good luck :eek:

mate it sounds like you would be better of jusy buying one, it will end up a mess or end up costing you £££

i could make you a s/s one but will be more than the janspeed jobbie

dont have money to buy one,
iv got a m8 sourcing the tubing for me and theres plenty of refernce pictures out there to help me out so we'll see how it goes

mate it sounds like you would be better of jusy buying one, it will end up a mess or end up costing you £££

I'm not being funny but if you can make one then I'm sure other people can.

Good luck smiffy and get pics up

Rover K series (I think - check Bias K10 blog) can be modded to fit, this would probably work out easier, quicker and cheeper if you sourced a mani from a breakers.

what do you mean if i can can make one i'm shure other people can? trying to say something!

yes anyone with a bit of savie and know how can make one its not hard at all, but not everyone can weld and for a company to do it will be a lot as the time to prep and weld something like a 4-2-1 takes a lot of time.. but hey nowt better than a goood bodge with a flux core weld eh stani (Y)

what do you mean if i can can make one i'm shure other people can? trying to say something!

yes anyone with a bit of savie and know how can make one its not hard at all, but not everyone can weld and for a company to do it will be a lot as the time to prep and weld something like a 4-2-1 takes a lot of time.. but hey nowt better than a goood bodge with a flux core weld eh stani (Y)

Took me altogether about 1 hout to make a de-cat pipe, that's with having to fabricate one of the flanges...total cost, about 6 2mm rods and some scrap metal. Bodging is easily the cheapest, most challenging and fun way to get sh*t done :p I say go for it, if you can afford a mig, it's gonna be a doddle (Y)

theres no point in speaking in welding terms with me, cause i aint gotta clue :grinning: also i WAS saying something as in anything you show us is most likely other peoples pictures from other forums trying to be mr DIY. also theres nothing better than doing something yourself, achieving it, proving people wrong and having something to be proud of.

so smiffy forget everything said and give it a go and if you fail, try again!

[video=youtube;LPqQec1FZ8g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPqQec1FZ8g[/video]

[video=youtube;eCfGQXohaMQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCfGQXohaMQ&feature=related[/video]

ha stani1029 i was going to go for it neways,

found 1 for €60 but i think my girlfriends bro is buying that, so will still have to make my own

ill have one for sale soon once i fit my turbo engine if you wanted to wait? one thing is that someone decided to cut it (not naming any names) until i turned up and managed to get it off, but its been repaired and works as it should. let me know

Back