make original rims look fresh

Hi guys,
I wanted to hopefully do some simple mods to my k11 in terms of looks and I thought i would start with its rims. I have on them original micra plastic rims which i decided to remove but my standard nissan rims are filthy and horrible and look like this:

$_35.JPG

I was wondering if i can use some simple equipment such as Nitro Mors or something else to make them look more like this:
img_5556-medium-jpg.20592

Is there any way I can do this which wont be too hard. Please bare in mind I dont have a garage so I would have to do this outside and sandblasting and other machinery I dont have access to.
Thanks for your help.

nitros moors wouldn't reveal any dish on the steel rims. but grinding of the tack welds and reversing them to tack weld back on would. offset to wheel arch front and rear. . credit goes to frank man once again :)

Is there any chemical I can use which would make them look shiny? Or maybe use sandpaper to grind the rims then spray them?

I've tried refurbishing steelies with a wire brush, kurust and paint. It's a lot of work. You can make them look good, but you won't get all the corrosion out of all the nooks and crannies and it WILL come back. Sandblasting would be better, but the only sure way is to have them acid dipped. To be honest, you may as well buy new steel wheels.

Hah, yeah man, it was brilliant. Bought it for £220 and used it as a daily for a year, one of the best cars I've ever owned, it's a gate guard at a dealership down south somewhere now. As far as I know it was one of three left on the road in the uk, it broke my heart to sell it. BUT, I just bought my first micra today!

Back