Made My Own Custom Exhaust System

Matthew Smith

micra man matt
Most recenty 16/6/07 I went to my local parts supplier and bought loads of 6cm exhaust pipeing. I then went to a mates, cut off my old (rubish standard) exhaust from the manifold and custom made my very own. Straight through to my 4" backbox, removing all cats. It only took 5 hours and cost me £25. It is the best thing I have ever done to her. She sounds like a rally car, pops n farts when changing gear and is VERY loud. (real head turner) As I was making it there were times when I thort it would'nt fit and may knock but it dont and its great. Unfortunatly with all the welding that had to be done the following morning at bout half 4, I awoke and could'nt open my eyes. They felt like somone had set them on fire and rubbed sand into them. My g-friend rushed me to hospital were they descovered I had very bad arch eye from the welding light. After all weekend recovering and SEEING (lol) all the attention its brought having arch eyes was all worth it.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Um no I would say arc eye was not worth it. Why on earth did you not use a mask? It's simply NEVER a risk worth taking, unless you want to go blind.

Yeah the use of a welding mask is always a good idea, i sometimes tack with out a mask but shut eyes and turn head. Pretty sure arc eye can be pernament if you do it too often, meaning you lose your sense of depth. oh and erm...........well done.

OP
OP
Matthew Smith

Matthew Smith

micra man matt
I was using an auto dim mask but when my mate woz doing some welding I was holding the pipe and looking the other way. I heard him stop welding and turned to see were the pipe wanted turning to, as I looked he started again and thats all it took. I have got 3 pics on my fone, will put them onto this post in abit. need to go pick our lass up now lol.

You mustve got your eyes from woolworths then, dont weld often enough anymore to get an auto dim mask, never had any problems with my eyes though considering how much welding i have done. o_O

superls

K10 Tuner
the last time i did it was when i was helping my dad with something, i went to school the next day and the head took me into his office and asked me if i was on drugs. he said with the looks of my eyes i was on something.

SHR3K

Ex. Club Member
:down:
Arc eye has got to be one of the worst experiences i have ever had.

It was truly scary.

I was wearing a mask though, but someone else arc-ed up next to me and didn;t shout eyes!

Ouch!

Shr3k

OP
OP
Matthew Smith

Matthew Smith

micra man matt
you dont really need a walkthrough. all i did was bought some pipe from local parts supplier. take off your old pipe from manifold. and just using a tapemeasure, hacksaw and welder made it the same lengh. if you get it right and are as lucky as me it wont knock or bang, and most of all blow from any of the welds. will get pics uploaded soon, there on our lasses fone at the mo.

S

stu0500

those are called (flash) if u wernt wearing a welding mask no sympathy fella!