Made a BooBoo

L

LEEROY_UK

Ok did something a bit dumb,i bought some raid black rear clusters for my 160 from germany as i couldnt find any black ones in the uk only chrome.Not realising that european k12's have the reverse and fog lights on the opposite sides to the uk cars.
I have thought about prising them apart and changing the red filter over to the other side but this will enevitably knacker them.
Also looked at rewiring but i dont know which wires are for the reverse/fog lights as all the wires go into one connector
Deos anybody know a sollution to swap the them over?
Any help would be very much appreciated as i dont want to end up binning them.

Cheers Lee

o_O

K10Daz

RIP Colin McRae 1968-2007
There is an easy but time consuming way to re-wire them, wat to do is tap into the circuit you think is the fog light, attach another bulb and put the fog light on till the test bulb lights up, dont know about running the wires across to the otherside like but its a start!

hope it helps
Daz:alien:

Davey C

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
send them back or sell them on Ebay if you cannot return them.

i say this as you CAN rewire them it wouldnt be too hard a job. but i have a feeling the lights are on those sides as they drive on the opposite of the road and i also have a feeling that they are set out like that due to law constraints.

im pretty sure that your lights have to be located on a certain side depending on which lights they are, so im guessing you wouldnt pass your MOT with the lights displayed as they are. (ie on the wrong sides)

just my thoughts

OP
OP
L

LEEROY_UK

Ok cheers guys ill give the rewire a bash at the weekend ill let you know how well or not so well it goes.

;]

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Its illegal to have a fog lamp on the passenger side.

OP
OP
L

LEEROY_UK

Right my only option is to dismantle the lights and change the red filter to the other side,bit of a gamble but like i say its my only option,hopfully i can get the facia off without cracking it,then get some adhesive and silicon to reseal the units,
wish me luck if it geos tits up then its the bin for em, doh!

OP
OP
L

LEEROY_UK

there sort of savable,you see i ended up taking the dremel to them and cutting away the rear of the cluster so that i could remove the red filter but i ended up butchering it a bit .ill have another go at it later and see if i can make a better job of the other side so i can put the red filter in where the reverse light was
as for pics iv just moved house and cant find my digi cam ,shame you all could of had a laugh at how much i lunched it