ma12 turbo

boyracergt

Ex. Club Member
ive decided against a 1.3 conversion as i dont have the space for a donor k11 and a project k10 plus my current k10. so now im looking to get an ma12 and strip, rebuild and turbo it whilst i sort the suspension/brakes on the super than fit it in that. basiclly got a couple of ideas for this but i am a noob so feel free to shout if i messed up.

basiclly a thicker upgraded headgasket to lower comp ratio (standard ma12 is 9.0:1 and the ma10et is 8.5:1) so surely if i can get the ma12 down to 8.5:1 it would be ok. figaro exhaust manifold with matching or possibly uprated tubby feeding through maybe a fmic? then to a renault 5 gtt inlet/carb set up? figaro camshaft and a k11 rad to keep heat levels low. any other tips/hints

Also anyone reckon 150bhp possible without blowing up? cheers

richj

Deactivated Account
come have a look at my cg13 conversion if you want. I am having my 480T ecu modded to give me 170bhp, then maybe into the 200's. I am on the look out for the right candidate to buy the cg13 project.

OP
OP
boyracergt

boyracergt

Ex. Club Member
come have a look at my cg13 conversion if you want. I am having my 480T ecu modded to give me 170bhp, then maybe into the 200's. I am on the look out for the right candidate to buy the cg13 project.
i really wish i could mate but the reason ive scrapped the 1.3 idea is i dont have space for another car thanks anyway mate and good luck finding someone :)

daveeeeee

Ex. Club Member
its possible theres a vidio on youtube of one. but if your going to do this properly the your going to have to shed out seriouse amounts of cash. plus theres the gearbox. and then the clutch. imo save the money.

Baz

Ex. Club Member
If you have the money to do it right do it ,If not don't bother. There's alot to consider,like would you not just buy a fig engine, turbo'd already?

daveeeeee

Ex. Club Member
i'm not losing faith in the k10 but turboing one is a lost cause imo for the money you spend you can do better. theres a dave walker race engine about atm twin webers may be up for sale soon, your looking at 90-100bhp odd with that set up.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
The K10 base is simply to weak to do a good turbo conversion on without spending huge amounts of money. The k11 1.3 is much much better. Starting with a fig turbo engine is a good idea if you want to turbo a k10. but youll still need to sort the gearbox.